The Welton Layout - now with the new owner

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
CheekyPaul

Re: Welton Central & West stations: NEW VIDEO!

Postby CheekyPaul » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 pm

lerysc wrote:looks really good, would be nice to see a bit more of the loco yard as the train went past, but then i really like that bit of the layout!

Thanks. Its my favourite part of the layout too, the loco yard. I was actually thinking of making a video of that yard with locomotives arriving and departing, as well as having passenger trains going past in the foreground, something like that!

StevieDay

Postby StevieDay » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 am

All the scenic details look great Paul, a very nice natural looking touch to a lovely layout.

Its a shame you'll need to part with it. But the skills you've shown here will ensure your next one will be even better.

Btw have taken up your challenge of making post wire fencing in n-gauge, will post an update soon.
Regards,
Steve

My Layout;- Rayne St, Fictional N-Gauge Layout viewtopic.php?t=30856

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm

StevieDay wrote:All the scenic details look great Paul, a very nice natural looking touch to a lovely layout.

Its a shame you'll need to part with it. But the skills you've shown here will ensure your next one will be even better.

Btw have taken up your challenge of making post wire fencing in n-gauge, will post an update soon.

Thank you. I'm just about to add some new photos showing more work having been completed At Welton Central, so more photos for you to look at!

It is indeed a shame I will have to part with this layout, but there isnt much I could do about it, and at the same time it allows me a chance to do a new one!

Looking forward to see how your wire fencing in n-gauge is going!

CheekyPaul

Re: Welton Central & West stations: Finally completed!

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I was saying the other day I managed to glue down more vegetation around Welton Central and I would show you some photos of this when the glue was dried.

I'm pleased to say the layout is now completed - as in all groundwork have been done, and I don't have to do anything else to it, seeing Ill be selling the layout. You can't imagine how relieve I am to see everything finished.

Yes, there are some missing bits such as trees, signals, and so on, but I'll leave that to whoever buys the layout.

Let me show you the new fully grown embankment at Welton Central station:

Hopefully you think they look great?

HARRYMALLARD

Re: Welton Central & West stations: Layout now COMPLETED!

Postby HARRYMALLARD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Absolutely STUNNING work Paul. I wonder what it would look like with signals and trees, would you be able to ask the new owner what it looks like with their details added? like signals and such, and post the pictures on here? :)
Cheers Harry
My layouts:

Clicky here --> Image
Gasworks Lane micro layout

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Of course, you will notice the station building appears to be missing from the above photos, so let me show you how the station looks with the buildings in its place:

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm

HARRYMALLARD wrote:Absolutely STUNNING work Paul. I wonder what it would look like with signals and trees, would you be able to ask the new owner what it looks like with their details added? like signals and such, and post the pictures on here? :)
Cheers Harry

Thank you Harry! I too wonder what it would look like with trees etc, I can imagine it would look brilliant! I was thinking of maybe asking the new owner to post some photos with details added on here. We can only hope!

This week Ill be preparing the layout for sale, and hoping to have it ready this weekend to go on sale. Will advertise it on New Railway Modeller first to gauge any interests otherwise itll go on ebay.

if the layout fails to sell in time for the house move, then Ill have no choice but to take it with me and try and sell it, but I just wont be able to put the layout together for the new owner to see how it works before taking it away because I wont have any room, so I really hope it goes before then!

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 pm

And now with three different locomotives sitting at a platform at Welton Central to show you how they look against the new embankment:

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Two random photos I took while removing the rolling stocks from Welton Central prior to taking photos of the station:

jamest

Postby jamest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi,

Congrats on finishing the layout - I hope you have a smooth ride selling it.

Can I ask what you use to finish off the vegetation? The main parts of the bushes look like 'clump foliage' - I'd appreciate the make/colour if you know it. It looks fantastic.

All the best,
James

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Now that the layout is finally completed, it's time to show you what the whole layout looks like, looking down from the sky:

(what you see in the following photos will be what you're getting if you're going to buy the layout)

and finally, something you've never seen before, properly that it is, the fiddle yard:

And there you go, the Welton layout. I can only hope you like it?

Even though the layout is now completed, it does not mean this forum is over. The scenic work may be done, but I will continue to post photos of trains etc. That is if you want to see more photos! ;)

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 pm

jamest wrote:Hi,

Congrats on finishing the layout - I hope you have a smooth ride selling it.

Can I ask what you use to finish off the vegetation? The main parts of the bushes look like 'clump foliage' - I'd appreciate the make/colour if you know it. It looks fantastic.

All the best,
James

Thank you James.

Of course, you can ask. I use Woodland Scenic materials to do the vegetations. You will notice there are many greens, ie dark, light, and so on. For some reasons I found dark ones tend to make my layout looking like its fake and not realistic, so I stayed with using two tones for shrubs:

Bushes - Light Green. Code: FC145.
Bushes - Olive Green. Code: FC144.
Underbrush - Light Green. Code: FC135.
Underbrush - Olive Green. Code: FC134.

I also used:
Coarse Turf - Burnt Grass. Code: T62
Coarse Turf - Light Green. Code: T63

In some places, I use the following material lightly, ie not too much:
Coarse Turf - Dark Green. Code: T65
Bushes - Medium Green. Code: FC146

I used other materials I had for ages, but cannot recall what brands they were.

Hope this helps?

jamest

Re: Welton: NOW COMPLETED, with new photos!

Postby jamest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Again,

Fantastic - thanks for that.

I have some clump foliage from Woodland scenics but I want to expand my collection.

What you have used blends together well - its not as easy to judge stood in the model shop!

Cheers,
James

matt1471

Postby matt1471 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 am

How much are looking to sell it for Paul??

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 am

outstanding work, well done on completing it. I look forward to seeing your next build coming together and shamelessly thieving more scenery tips!
Weekend toy, Victor XL231's blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/ Admittedly not a train, but classic, British and LOUD!
My OO work in progress: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36766

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”