The Welton Layout - now with the new owner

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Re: Welton Central & West stations: New locomotive!

Postby Eastern » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:33 am

Hi there - I've been following (actually lurking! :) ) and am impressed with the progress - very clean lines and some nice scenery and photos. Will you be adding some signals or other permanent way features at some point? I also noticed the lack of trees - planned or some forestation to come?
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”
William S Gilbert

Charles

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 am

Some really stunning work going on with this layout, I've been going over the photo's again & again, they are just super. You've captured some lovely scenes, looking under the bridge at the dis-used tunnel with the lines curving away to the right. The embankments with all the scrub land looks so natural.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Eastern wrote:Hi there - I've been following (actually lurking! :) ) and am impressed with the progress - very clean lines and some nice scenery and photos. Will you be adding some signals or other permanent way features at some point? I also noticed the lack of trees - planned or some forestation to come?

Thank you!

I would love to add small detail such as signals, trees, etc, but with the layout going to be put up for sale, possibly next weekend, there is just no point in me spending a bit of money to buy things only to sell the layout afterwards, so I will leave that kind of details to whoever buys the layout.

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:36 pm

mikem64 wrote:Some really stunning work going on with this layout, I've been going over the photo's again & again, they are just super. You've captured some lovely scenes, looking under the bridge at the dis-used tunnel with the lines curving away to the right. The embankments with all the scrub land looks so natural.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers Mike.

Thanks Mike.

I'm glad I did everything right with the shrubs if you believe it all looks so natural. Now I can say I've finally got some skills in landscaping, a skill I will be able to use on the new layout later on this year :)

Prior to putting the layout up for sale very soon, I will be taking lots of photos of all scenes with different trains in the background etc, to show you all what it looks like as a completed layout, but also for me to take away and have something to remember by.

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Some new photos showing more shrubs added around the engine yard & the coal deposit line:

Last edited by CheekyPaul on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

The following photos were taken using a mobile phone to get views that would have been difficult to take using a normal camera or views that would never been seen from standing in front of the layout:

CheekyPaul

Re: Welton Central & West stations: More shrubs added

Postby CheekyPaul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Yesterday I managed to add more vegetations, this time around the Goods yard, but I ran out of glue to work on the embankments at the Welton Central station. I took the following photos today before I bought some more glue and finished off the embankments so you will see the embankments looking bare in those photos:

You will see in some photos I have toned down the colour of the road a bit, it used to be a solid 'tarmac' colour and it was looking a bit too new for my liking.

Today I managed to finish off Welton Cental station, ie vegetations added on the embankment, and its being dried overnight, so tomorrow I'll be able to give the layout a quick hoover etc and then it'll finally be completed, as in no more work to do with the scenic! Ill show you more photos tomorrow of the station.

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:10 am

Three of the photo's are not working for me.

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:26 am

MOHAAPlayer wrote:Three of the photo's are not working for me.

Which photos would that be then, cos they all come up fine at my end.

Anyone else have the same problem?

DonB

Postby DonB » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Terrific work, Paul. :D

As Mike said, the scrub looks natural; 'grown' rather than 'planted'!

All photos display fine here...
Don

My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?t=14899

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

As ever, your scenery work is top class. Love the shots of the battlefleet assembled in the station!
Weekend toy, Victor XL231's blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/ Admittedly not a train, but classic, British and LOUD!
My OO work in progress: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36766

Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Postby Eastern » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Ditto to above! - Love the variations in colours of the grasses and bushes as well as the colour of the rails and ballast!
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”
William S Gilbert

Charles

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:38 pm

They work now!

CheekyPaul

Re: Welton Central & West stations: new video!

Postby CheekyPaul » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I've always wanted to make some videos of the layout before it goes, but never got round to it until few days ago.

I wanted to do a short one, so that I can work out how to do the editting, etc, and have come up with a short clip of a Class 47 & three coaches going to Welton Central via Welton West station:

http://youtu.be/3N2LZgOmtfc

It was my first attempt, but what do you think?

lerysc

Re: Welton Central & West stations: NEW VIDEO!

Postby lerysc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 pm

looks really good, would be nice to see a bit more of the loco yard as the train went past, but then i really like that bit of the layout!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”