Re: Southern Valley Railway- Going Underground

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mattmay05

Re: Southern Valley Railway- Update and Video

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:15 am

Very nice, like the new models as well, I have camelot as well.. really nice model... just shame its so geared down... its a tad slow... Devon Belle very nice all be have no use of one... still a thing of beauty!

Just finishing off my last P-Class... just working out transfers over the weekend.. then it shall be done.

Nice modelling going on here keep it up.

OliverSR

Postby OliverSR » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm

I know its been a long time since the last layout update but the layout has changed quite a bit in terms of design and of the rolling stock.
I have always liked London Underground but due to lack of availability of models have never been able to pursue this. Recently I have been fortunate enough to find many secondhand Kitbuilt models and a EFE set along with my Bachmann Pannier. I decided to rebuild the layout(What again?!?!?) to make it a southern region/London Underground layout. The track plan needed adapting to suit the new need for more multiple unit storage so a new track-plan was drawn up.
This was then appied to the layout and the culled southern fleet and the new London transport fleet was put in its sidings. This shows the current state of the changes to the layout with London underground fleet in varying states of completeness with some static and some finished and chipped up.
Finally the smaller of the stations seemed a bit to rural for a London Transport themed layout so I decided to change the buildings. I would have loved the new Bachmann art deco ones but a second hand hornby dublo building to cut of the platform and repaint is a much cheaper option and cam be made to look southern and art deco so can serve both rolling stock types. The canopies were repainted to match and the footbridge will be replaced with a ratio concrete one which will look much more in-keeping. This shows the current state of the station.
As you can see from the photos the layout and the station still need quite a bit of work but I though I would update since the layout has changed so drastically. I know i have rushed through the changes a bit and if you have any questions please do comment and I will answer them.
OliverSR

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:40 pm

That tube stock really is lovely, I keep seeing the eveready tube train appearing on ebay from time to time, tends to go for a fair bit and doesn't have much detail, would love some underground stock though just cause it looks so cool :P

The job you did on the station looks pretty good too, what livery is that class 20 in?

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

OliverSR

Postby OliverSR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm

The class 20 is the Lima model of "Sir John Betjeman" in a steam on the met metropolitan livery, the model was released in this livery and all I have done is DCC it. I do have other underground stuff not on the layout, ironically stored in a box beneath the layout. I have a ever ready 4 car train which I intend to give new chassis and motors and reprint into BR green which I ran in as the Waterloo and City line was not part of London transport till the 90's. This project is however a long way off even being started.
OliverSR

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Alexander Court wrote:I keep seeing the eveready tube train appearing on ebay from time to time, tends to go for a fair bit and doesn't have much detail.Alex

The Ever Ready tube set was a tinplate (toy) model running on tinplate three rail track. I'm not sure if it was really 16.5mm gauge and well overscale for tube stock. It was only produced for a very short time. I only ever saw one example, which was given to a friend. Never saw one on sale, so I would say genuinely 'rare' and only for adding to a collection.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Ollie, As others have said ,which I definitely ECHO,nice to have another Southern layout shewing.Mine gives me a great deal of fun whilst the GUvnor watches her soaps?? :D :D Margate ;Dover or anywhere I like Keep going All the best Ron

Wrightenberg

Postby Wrightenberg » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Your station looks really good. Is it a Dublo through station with Hornby platforms? I'd love to see a photo from the platform side.

Steve

OliverSR

Postby OliverSR » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Firstly I would like to apologise for my abscence of late for updating my threads over the last year or so. The layout has since been dismantled following a house move and a new basic circular "train set" and a end to end BR/LT more detailed layout as a longer term project. I will start a new thread for the detailed layout and maybe one for the roundy roundy so I can show off some of my trains running past. Thanks to all of you who have followed the old layout(in its many variations) and I hope to see you commenting on my new projects.
OliverSR

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:23 pm

I was just having a flick through this thread thinking don't I know this from YouTube? And low and behold I do :) But not anymore... Good luck with the new LT venture. That's nicely timed with bachmann announcing the S stock. Pricey though :shock:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”