Budgetbrooke

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Mattc6911

Re: Budgetbrooke

Postby Mattc6911 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Great stuff Nick, please have a word with Dad-1 ? If you then want to proceed please send me a pm

Cheers
MATT
Last edited by Mattc6911 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Nick, Matt, if you want to proceed with this probably the safest way is Nick to reveal his password, in a PM obviously. Best if you agree some access times, Flashbang and I have discovered the hard way what happens when two of us try to edit the same thing at the same time. Unfortunately the board software allows you to log in on two computers at once, if it didn't there wouldn't be any chance of a clash. Don't forget to change the password once the exercise is over.
Good luck with it.
John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Mattc6911

Postby Mattc6911 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm

John That's very kind and I would be happy to go forward with it if Nick wants me to. It would certainly be the speediest option for myself and would save having to either download,save and then email Photos around so a third party can update the thread.
My intention would be to log in, capture each Image and then re post it below the original broken link (do this for all images)
I would then log out changing absolutely nothing else. Nick can then log in, check he is happy with each Image and then delete the Photobrokit link as he wishes. I would need to side load each new Image as an attachment so it would now be hosted on the forum storage space, rather than attempting to transfer and re link from Flikr or another host. are you ok with this ? and is there any limit on how many attachments one member can make ? just checking so I don't run into posting limits half way through

I would suggest that Nick changes his current password to something completely different to anything he would normally use, let me use THAT password and then he can change back to his original password once its complete.
Nick If you wish to go ahead I suggest you PM me with login and new password and if you wish, a mobile number so I can send a text when I'm logging in to carry out the work and then text again once I'm done. it might take 2 or 3 sessions as it depends how busy the system I'm using is, as to how fast I can capture and transfer your Images but I can keep you up to date on progress
Let me know
Cheers

Matt

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Job Done Nick (one picture I couldn't place due to attachment limit but I'll look at ways to post it later)

Cheers
Matt

Mattc6911

Postby Mattc6911 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 am

3-7-Photo0174.jpg

This is the missing Image from page 3 post 10. . . you will see a place holder in italics at the bottom of the post where it goes . If you want to put it in place I suggest you move it to Flikr or some other hoster if you have one (Not Photobroket as they Brokit in the first place :lol: ) and then edit in the link. I couldn't place that one as I've already put in the attachment limit of five.

Cheers
Matt

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:05 pm

What can I say Matt !!

Thanks on behalf of all members, the photobucket disaster tore so much out
and it's great to see restoration.
I think I still have up to 1000 photos to try and identify and reinstate - someday ?

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Mattc6911

Postby Mattc6911 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks Geoff, I don't mind doing it . I think what Photobroket did was wrong and it's nice in some small way to be able to thumb a nose at them ? I think the thing I seam to be able to do, is identify the Blocked Image in situ so this does make the job much easier
Point me to a post and I'll start identifying. we can go from there :)

Cheers
Matt

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

I cannot thank Matt enough for what he's done here, I thought these would be lost forever. I am in the process of setting up alternative hosting, which I shall try and update Gantsville with, later this evening.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”