Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
SouthernBoy

Re: Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Postby SouthernBoy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Same question as above ...

MrT

Postby MrT » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Onwards and upwards I hope Tim!

sishades

Postby sishades » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Another of the originals going. Shame, best of luck Tim, drop us an email when you get sorted and stay in touch.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Trainfish

Postby Trainfish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:42 am

Where'd 'e go?
All stock in this link is for sale. PM me if you're interested in anything! Sometimes there's nothing here, usually because I'm buying more stuff which I'll change my mind about in a month or so and then sell it again. That's modelling though isn't it?

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:05 am

And so The Wanderer Returns!!!

(Which ironically was the name of this thread before I chose a station name! :lol: )

Well you chaps, there are certainly a few developments! And the first ones are not so apparently positive: Moorcroft St Anthony's is no more. In fact, I pulled up the last bit of track this afternoon. All that's left is the built up section on the rockery at the foot of the garden and a couple of planks that formed the baseboards for the loops that were underneath the station boards :cry:

However, there are several positives to this. The thing was essentially falling apart- lest you forget, she was only ever intended as a temporary structure and worked OK for 7 years but in the end the maintenance was too much- so it was a mercy killing! :lol: Thankfully, I managed to reclaim 95% of the track, much of it in fairly good order and only a couple of points will have to be binned once I've scavenged them for spares.

I have actually taken some shots of the railway's final moments which I'll post at some point soon, as well as tell more of the latest developments (which are all in my head still at the moment! :D )

Nice to be on here again though :wink:

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:31 am

It's good to see you back on the forum again Tim! Welcome back! :D
Carpe Diem!

John Geeeee

Postby John Geeeee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

WeyHey!! welcome back Tim. Looking forward to seeing you in layout action and inspiring commentaries on others work again .
"Go on, just one more board, pleeeeeaaaase?"
My Layout Thread
My Photobucket Albums

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks chaps, one can only try!!!

The priority now is to find a new place to live with my gorgeous missus and work out the best venue for the new project. In all truth I doubt the project will be properly underway until next autumn or so, but there's a few things/projects to get on with until then, including developing a thorough 'wants' list in terms of operability and scope for the railway-to-be!!!

Might be a spare room. Might be a loft. Might even be a more permenant garden effort!!! But it'll be thought through and lovingly made...and I know I can rely on the chaps of the NRM crew to assist me in my endeavours 8)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

sishades

Postby sishades » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Good to have you back Tim, been wondering where you have been or up to though.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”