Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:32 pm

You disappoint me – I expected the ‘view from the bedroom window’ to be looking in :wink:

Nice vids though 8)

Lofty

waz

Postby waz » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Wonderful stuff yet again Tim!!!

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Fantastic as usual Tim!

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Great to get a new perspective. Those lengthy trains on the long runs are superb and run so smooth. Very pleasing after all that hard work.

Quick question to save looking back - what gauge is it?

Thanks

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Andrew- Bog standard '00' mate :D
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Evening folks

Well I was hoping to help sate the Loftmeister's as yet unquenched demand for diesel traction on the layout. Indeed, I had a lovely running session with my HST. However, I'm afraid I didn't realise the batteries on the camera were dead and, since it was so late by the time I got around to taking any pix, I will have to delay any further footage until at least tomorrow! :roll:

However, the good news is that, despite some indifferent running initially, the unit ran like a dream once she'd burnt off some detritus that had obviously found it's way into her motor.

I shall also probably get out my MkI set and Blue Class 40. Hey, I may even run a mail train with my lovely old Blue Triang Brush Type II :D

Until tomorrow!

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Loved your vids so far Tim, Its great to see the Trains finally running now mate.

Will look forward to those Diesel Vids :wink:

Best Regards

Adam

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm

Class 60 wrote:Loved your vids so far Tim, Its great to see the Trains .........................................................................

Aye :wink: ........watching some of the vids on here is better than watching the telly ........only prob is :roll: ........I'm doing b*gger all on my own layout while I'm watching every b*gger elses. :roll: :oops:

T :wink:
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Sorry Lofty. I didn't get back from my appointment in time to do any videos today. Did give the HST a quick run around...mainly bacause I can :)

Anyhow, I shall try my best to appease you tomorrow. In the meantime here are a few shots I took last night:

HST shows that it is perfectly fine to run in the rain :D :

And then said HST shows disturbing ability to throw out zap rays like the Emperor off Star Wars! :shock: :

And here are a couple of said HST resting on the lower level 'down' line, no doubt exhausted from using the force, or rather "The Pax" :

Oh, OK Lofty. I can't say this video is the best, but it does show off the lights nicely. Sounds quite good at least ;) :
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=HSTLights.flv

Until tomorrow!

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:04 pm

I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:28 pm

Surreal !! - an HST moggy !!

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:25 am

Infrontcat wrote:Oh, OK Lofty. I can't say this video is the best, but it does show off the lights nicely. Sounds quite good at least ;) :

Very interesting Tim :? :? :wink:

Lofty

peak

Postby peak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Nice light show :? :?: :idea: :lol:
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Afternoon all

Well, I did manage to shoot some video of some trains of the diesel variety, but I'm afraid the overall quality is fairly poor. I made the fatal mistake of trying to rush as I had to give Ben his camera back last night. As a consequence, I did not obey my own rule of 'not running anything until I am satisfied that there are no problems with the track'.

As a result, I ended up having a couple of avoidable accidents which resulted in damage to two MkIs. I am in my own self-imposed dog-house as a result and am banned from running anything at all until I have put up the safety walls.

Fortunately, the crash damage is largely superficial and can be fixed by applying a little glue hither and thither. However, the lesson is learned! I also have to solder the wiring for the headlights of my HST as the wire snapped when it plunged into the lemon tree!

As I say the quality is a bit iffy. I was also only able to use the diesels that were already cleaned and ready to run: so I'm afraid it's just the Hymek, HST and Deltic. Others will follow!

For now, here are a few HST shots which were taken before the lemon tree incident :D :
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=125downthroughGreenBridgeandincline.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=125throuthdownlooplowertracks.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=125downlineonMoorcroftapproach.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=125throughMoorcroftStAnthonys.flv

Cheers for now

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:04 pm

cracking videos, and the noise is brilliant.

So much fun.

is there a public inquiry as to what happened at the "lemon tree incident", and who is to blame, and any recommendations that can be learnt from such a tragic accident.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”