Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Thank Ye Tim!

A short and sweet video, well worth the wait 8)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks for that chaps.

Well, in fitting with the rest of the week so far, today didn't go very smoothly, lol! I couldn't get to bloody Brentwood in time for the interview in the end 'cos my friend Leta got stuck in traffic on the m25 on her way home from work :roll:

S'orrite though, 'cos I got a new appointment booked for Friday morning :)

Anyhow, I'm just settling for a cuppa before I finish off the next lot of shots. In the meantime, here are a few more sights to see. I'm a tad worried about my Scotsman. She took a bit of a tumble this morning and I think I may have caused her to lose some torque :? Whereas she was galloping up Mumbledon Rise with a tow of eight carriages, now she struggles up with 6. What a pratt I am :evil:

Anyhow, here are some more things to look at. I've repeated the first vid as it kinda works sequencially with the first four shots which are primarily of 60525 AH Peppercorn:
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=60525andV2crossattopofMumbledonRise.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=60525downapproach.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=60525downincline.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=60525downonlowertracksdisappearsund.flv

The next couple are of V2 60807 hauling an express mail service:
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=60525andV2crossatstation.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=V2upmaillowertracks.flv

And finally for now, a couple of vids of my beloved Quad-Art set hauled by N2 0-6-0T 69522:
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=Quad-Artsetdownsuburbanthroughstati.flv
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/Infrontcat/?action=view&current=Quad-Artdownthroughbridgeinclineand.flv

More, including shots of NoRMan, to follow!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm

some nice videos there tim, pretty impressive junction, looks even better in the video than on any trackplan.

For some reason photobucket doesnt want to play ball, cant see the last 4 or 5 vids they just wont load for me. will try again later and see what happens.

Cracking work there and well done.

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Excellent collection of videos Tim, really nice to see nearly all the extent of your layout - WONDERFUL !!! :D :D

I like the junction in Vid #2, good piece of trackwork there :wink:

As for the poor Scotsman :( , have you bent one of the rods, or worse still, an axle????

Paul

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Not sure yet Paul re Scotsman. I'm gonna take her off the rosta and have a good root around to see if I can see any probs. You never know, it might be dirt ;)

Sorry about the vids IJ. Mind you, I think there might be a few gremlins today as it kept on schitzing out on me!

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 pm

They all worked fine for me :wink:

Paul

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:01 pm

If the Scotsman is not working as well, it might be that the central cog (I think it is white) may have come loose. I had the same problem on my Ringfield Drive Scot, and acceleration was slower (but more realistic), and didn't get up to full speed quickly. A bit of superglue in the right place should get it going again just fine, presuming thats the problem :idea:

Some bloomin nice vids again Tim, keep them coming! 8) 8) 8)

BTW, where did you get your Quad set from?

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:53 pm

hi tim
GREEAAAT VIDS 8) 8) 8)
nice one, so good to see the trains running. must be lovely to sit in the garden and watch the trains go round.
how long is the run? in time that is, any chance of a helicopter view following a train all the way round?
michael

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Well worth the wait Tim !
The maze of track in the 'down approach' sketch is mind-boggling!
The top one for me is the N2 round the garden film - roughly how long is one circuit ? seems to go on forever .
I've seen you mention 40 ft somewhere but is that the garden length ?
Bring on NoRMan !! - with the N2 for a full circuit !! -that's my request anyway.
Cheers
Ron

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm afraid the Quad-Art set was a custom job done by this very nice chap from Devon who was converting to '0' gauge in the garden! Picked 'em up for £33 inc P&P!

They are based on- though not an exact replica of- the Quad sets that came out of Liverpool Street and found their way to various destinations...including Southend Victoria, hence my interest in them! The carriages stated life as four old Triang LNER sub carriages and this chap simply fitted new single articulated bogies that are fixed to one carriage and merely slot in at the other end. The nuts constantly need tightening or they lurch over, but it's well worth the effort ;)

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Raider

Postby Raider » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Cracking vids Tim - well worth the wait.

Really great to see the trains running round the garden

Chris

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Tim, Great layout, brill videos. How about a Stanier 3 cylinder 4-MT class, Fenchurch Street to South-End......My favourite railway journey. Nostalgia is not like it used to be......... :wink:
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

mmurnin900

Postby mmurnin900 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:20 pm

great vids. Good to see th layout looking well as well s the weather. And a bit of 5 live too.
Matthew
LFC We've still got 5

waz

Postby waz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:49 pm

It's all been said Tim. No need for me to add my two pennuth.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Geezer wrote:I like the junction in Vid #2, good piece of trackwork there :wink:

I fully agree :shock: 8) . Sorry to hear about the Scotsman Tim :( , I'm sure it's just a tiny little hitch that will be easily sorted out 8) . Lovely work Tim, all I can say is ..... you lucky bugger :wink: . All of that wonderful space ...... filled with a model railway 8) .

Kindest Regards,

Rhys

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”