Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Postby Lofty » Thu May 31, 2007 8:40 pm

lofty wrote:
British Rail wrote::lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

IDUYA :?

I Don’t Understand Your Acronyms :lol:

Lofty

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu May 31, 2007 10:49 pm

Bon soir mes amies!

Well, I didn't get any track layed, nor did I get the track-bed strips cut. However, this was not due to slack-handedness on my part. Au contraire, I did quite a lot. I decided instead to continue building the final boards and have now got a mere 68 inches to go!

44 inches of that will be a bridge which I shall be doing first thing tomorrow and the remainder- a two-foot section to carry the main line onto the bridge and house the thing when it is lowered- will be fabricated as well. The section I cut today still needs to be painted and neatened up, and has yet to be permenantly fixed, largely because I need to fit the wires. But it's so close now I can almost...er...smell it :roll:

Anyway, here's a quick montage of shots taken at 'close of play' today. The top left shows (just about) the newest board which stretches up as far as the end of the shed. The 'bridge' in situ is merely one of my many 'mock-ups' to assess and measure the dimensions for tomorrow's build and to ensure there will be sufficient clearance, whilst also making sure the curves aren't too tight. I have ringed the somewhat dim outlines of the H&SE(FB) who diligently did their job today. Little Drew (top right) was overseeing much of the the day but Kashie, now being a dedicated working mum, was equally keen to underline her commitment to the workforce (bottom left). Wilfred- yes, that's Wilfred Fatsod, the chairman from the Xpert Eleven game- did some things to help, though this largely consisted of eating and laying on the newly felted station throat board under Kashie's supervision (bottom right). Infront Cat was not available today on account of him taking Moorcroft Corinthian for an extensive training session ahead of Saturdays game :wink: :

Fingers crossed, if tomorrow is sunny or at least dry, I might just...no, I shan't tempt fate by saying it...but I'm actually quite excited! :)

Cheers guys, and thanks for all your encouragement and sarcasm. It does help, beleive me :lol:

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Thu May 31, 2007 11:43 pm

Bloomin heck Tim, you've got Wood, 68 Inches and fine erections all over the place....I am very jealous!

Frankie Howerd would have been proud.....

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:03 am

Spavo wrote:Bloomin heck Tim, you've got Wood, 68 Inches and fine erections all over the place....I am very jealous!
Frankie Howerd would have been proud.....
Gav.

Hey Gav - with comments like that , you should stick to fluff-picking !!!!! :lol:
- keep going Tim and ignore the knockers - should I have said that ? :shock:

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:02 am

Funny, building the baseboard is usually the "quick" bit of a layout, but in your case it's a major construction exercise!!! :D

Weather forecast is bright and sunny all weekend if that helps Tim :wink:

Paul

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:45 am

Don't forget the expansion joints for the heatwave we are supposed to be having this year :wink:
A bargain is something you really don't need at a price that's completely irresistible!!

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 am

You have really come a long, long way I can taste the finish line!

Looking excellent fella,

Rhys

MrT

Postby MrT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:30 am

That looks ace Tim, keep going!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi chaps

Just a quickie while I break for tea. Just finished building the last bridge which, rather than rush, I have taken my time with today. First thing I measured out the final plan for the tracks to slew across from the station line across the path behind the shed to reach the incline I built last year. The actual bridge took about three hours from first measurment to what you see including a half-hour "Oh, I'm getting p*ssed off with this" break :wink:

Quite pleased with it I must admit. Now I'm gonna have a cuppa and paint it in undercoat in readiness for the top coat in the morning. Once I've done that, I can do the short section up to the station approach...and that will be main line trackbed completed :)...

Cheers all.

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Further update: bridge is now painted as is the board I made yesterday. I just realised, as you can clearly see in the picture, the garden looks like...a building site! :roll:

I've decided that I shall have a good clear out with what good light is left and, in time honoured tradition, have a good old fashioned bonfire :)

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

mark_brody

Postby mark_brody » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:58 pm

in time honoured tradition, have a good old fashioned bonfire :)

Quality, I could have brought the fireworks!

FishBowlMan

Postby FishBowlMan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:23 am

Infrontcat wrote:...have a good old fashioned bonfire :)

Nice!!! Just don't set your baseboards on fire :shock:

Excellent progress, mate.

Congratulations on becoming a "grandfather" by the way! :D

John.
There is no room inside a box.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:03 am

FishBowlMan wrote:
Infrontcat wrote:...have a good old fashioned bonfire :)

Nice!!! Just don't set your baseboards on fire :shock:

Excellent progress, mate.

Congratulations on becoming a "grandfather" by the way! :D

John.

LOL, don't worry, I use an incinerator so it's always controlled! You'll also be glad to know that Millie Cup-cake is doing fine. Today, she discovered the fine art of squeaking really loudly in my ear. Yesterday, she discovered the 'Geronimo' tactic of removing oneself from the sofa. Stacked it totally :)

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

heinz

Postby heinz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Bridge looks great Tim!

Infrontcat

TIME TO CRACK OPEN A TINNY OR TWO!!!!

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:16 pm

At approximately 3pm, BST, Sunday June 3rd, 2007, the final board needed to carry the main line of the Stromness Road Light Railway was completed. The ceremony was somewhat subdued, celebrated with a cigarette and a mug of hot-chocolate. But it's there. It's in place:

Now I've just got to finish painting them. And then lay the roofing felt. And then lay all the bloody track. And do the rest of the wiring. Oh well, a slightly tempered celebration perhaps :wink:

Cheers

Tim
Last edited by Infrontcat on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”