Gateside & Northbridge

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
luckymucklebackit

Re: Gateside & Northbridge

Postby luckymucklebackit » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:25 pm

Finished off wiring up and connected the new Morley Vector controller. Gave me an excuse to try out the two Xmas presents that had never been out the box. Must say I was very impressed by the slow speed control of this unit, these two crawled nicely before posing on the turntable.

FB_IMG_1656008463987.jpg

FB_IMG_1656008472839.jpg

Cheers

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 pm

Hi all, tonight I placed the Buildings temporarily in place to check clearances. The rear of the shed will be hidden behind the backscene for reasons best revealed when the full layout develops. All of the buildings have been salvaged from the old Gateside Depot.

FB_IMG_1656445158362.jpg

FB_IMG_1656445168349.jpg

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 pm

Surprizing what can be done in a small space. You have put a lot of thought into that idea! It looks good.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:44 pm

Hi all, As you know my wife is a great one for car boot sales and antique fairs/shops, normally I am not interested but occasionally a gem emerges. I had been looking at motorising the turntable but the Peco kit and the alternative options on Ebay were pricy, even the manual one on Ebay was £25. So when I spotted this Mecanno set for the princely sum of £3, I could not pass it up.

FB_IMG_1657035155860.jpg

I have subsequently assembled this contraption under the board which works not too bad!

FB_IMG_1657035168262.jpg

Also at Garrion Bridge Antiques centre I picked up a nice Hornby Dublo Crane for £25

FB_IMG_1657035175549.jpg

Cheers all

Jim

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:01 am

Glad that Meccano works for you Jim, I could never get anything to work as a kid!

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Ex-Pat wrote:Glad that Meccano works for you Jim, I could never get anything to work as a kid!

Hi Ex Pat, was never good a Mecanno as a kid myself, I had a No4 set but rarely built anything, I was more of a Lego man myself.

Jim

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”