Gateside and Northbridge - Maybe Sometime!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
TimberSurf

Re: Gateside and Northbridge - Maybe Sometime!

Postby TimberSurf » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:49 pm

:o :evil: Doh! :roll:

Hopefully the next residence may have a bit more height/space! :D
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi Jim,
Have always enjoyed browsing your layout, and wish you all the best for when you do eventually move. Maybe this will be an opportunity to find a property, where you won't have to climb into the loft :0)

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Buggleskelly wrote:Hi Jim,
Have always enjoyed browsing your layout, and wish you all the best for when you do eventually move. Maybe this will be an opportunity to find a property, where you won't have to climb into the loft :0)

Indeed - I was slightly concerned that getting in and out the loft would become difficult in later years, hopefully find something that is better for access.

Thanks

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:56 pm

glencairn wrote:Not much one can say, Jim. A case of 'It is meant to be.'

Many years ago we were in a similar position (sort of). Thankfully it has turned out 'for the better'...

Much the same experience here. It became apparent 25 years ago that we needed a move, to better place us for impending care of elders. And lo, after much searching and viewing there was a suitable house: with a good size outbuilding not even mentioned in the particulars, which was very clearly meant to have a model railway layout in it.

manna

Postby manna » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:45 pm

G'Day Gents

Not much you can say about that !! good luck.

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 pm

Quick status update! We have had an offer for a flat back in Eaglesham accepted and the cottage went live on the market this morning, so hopefully a buyer will be along soon and we can get this move over with. A condition of the move is that a second bedroom will officially be "the railway room" and that a layout can be built in there. Room dimensions are about 10ft by 8ft so the "traditional" Gateside and Northbridge concept will not be possible so I am looking to go with a terminus - fiddle yard layout with Allenshaw incorporated as the freight interest. Don't want to tempt fate by drawing anything out before the move is made but hopefully after over two years of modelling inactivity I can get back to what I enjoy doing the most. It will be really nice to have a comfortable warm room to work in!

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:37 pm

luckymucklebackit wrote:. It will be really nice to have a comfortable warm room to work in!

Jim

Hi Jim. I had a layout in our attic. Although ideal size wise (40 odd feet x 20ft) I was hardly there.

Then allowed 'the small bedroom' (11ft x 8ft) I never looked back. Family know exactly where I am. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the new layout, (which I know will be better than before).

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Great to hear some positive news Jim - hope it all flows well and looking forward to hearing you're operational again.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”