My Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Tony.

Re: My Layout

Postby Tony. » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Good progress Jacob

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Well Jacob, this layout is certainly growing at a steady rate! Good to see this continuing to develop and I like the videos you've been doing of your updates.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Chris,
Thanks for commenting. I try to do work on the layout when I can and as often as I can. I'm also glad you like the videos.

Jacob :)

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Hello,
Sorry for not updating for a while.
I thought I should post a update about the method I'm going to control my points with. I think I posted a while ago that I was planning on using Point decoders, and controlling my points through a DCC controller, this has now changed. At the Weekend, I had a think about controlling points, and decided that a point control panel might be better suited for my layout, and it would be easier to control too. Any advise on making these would be greatly appreciated!
Also, Within the next two weeks I'm planning on getting the reaming track needed for the layout, just a point or two, and some straight sections of track!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,
Again, sorry for not posting for a while but not too much has been going on. Its going to get started again soon though. We are going to pain the extension and then pin the track down, and then try with point moters. We went to a few model shops yesterday for advice, we got some really good information as well. I think we also are going to be doing some ballasting soon, and the tunnel scenery project is going to be under way soon too. The plan for the points is still the same, a control panel probably with switches.
I'll update again when something big happens.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

A small update today,
I had a quick go at soldering today, I'd done a bit before a few years ago, so I tried again today, just on a bit of spare wire. It went quite well.

Also, We have done a bit of planning on which points get moters first. Like the ones which are important to locos getting to the mainline. The board should be getting painted soon, and within the next few weeks there should be fitted.

Hopefully, there will be another update soon!

Video Version of the update- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHBY-XICnEE&feature=plcp

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Jacob,

nice little Layout you have there, nice collection of loco's nice to see most are LNER!!!

mark

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for the comment Mark, I guess you like the LNER too by your forum name! There engines are my favorite classes!

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Yep Jacob, am LNER and Southern Guy.

1930's Speed and elegance, thats what its all about :D

Mark

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi everyone,
Another update, this one with pictures (Coming soon!)
Today bit of progress has been made on the control panel. We got the perspex for the main box of it, two pieces and some wood, but with the back open for wiring.

Also, the vinal with the track plan for the extension on it has also been made, and soon the switches or studs will be fitted.

From the exhbition we went to today, I bought a set of screw drivers for smaller things, possibly loco maintanece and things like that.

Hopefully a bit of work will be done tomorrow, just sorting about a power problem, which I think has been caused by dirty track so I'm going to get the track cleaning fluid on it!

Pictures should be up tommorow or Monday, and also a video version of the update will be edited into the post. :)

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Streaks and Teaks wrote:Yep Jacob, am LNER and Southern Guy.

Mark

Same here Mark, can't beat a A4 running in LNER Garter blue livery, like Bittern is at the moment. Its great to see them running in it too. :D

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:17 pm

bocaj wrote:
Streaks and Teaks wrote:Yep Jacob, am LNER and Southern Guy.

Mark

Same here Mark, can't beat a A4 running in LNER Garter blue livery, like Bittern is at the moment. Its great to see them running in it too. :D

Its great to see Bitten in Garter Blue, next year Dominion on Canada will be painted in Garter Blue aswell (well the Corrination version).

Here's a little pic of the pride of my fleet why we are on the topic on Garter Blue A4's :P

Mark

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Mark,
Your A4 looks good against those Teaks. I've got the railroad version of the teaks at the moment, the original ones which came the the Flying Scotsman set which got me hooked. I hope to get some of the premium version of the teaks sometime, it probably won't be until the wiring of the layout is finished now though, as I need to put most of my money to get that done.

It will be good to see 3 A4s in Garter blue at the NRM next year, if it was up to me they'd all be in Garter blue, but I guess you need a variety of Liveries! :)

I'll put up a picture of my 3 A4s tomorrow along with the layout update photos, only one in Garter blue unfortunately but oh well!

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 pm

I only have those Premium ones as they came with my A4 in the flying scotman trainpack which I picked up last year for £150 not bad with £150 being the rrp for an A4 on its own and the rrp for the teaks being going on for £60 :o . I want to pick up some of the Railroad ones at a later stage seen as they are cheap, and compare them to the premuim product (which some peope say is not true to the shape of the real things!!!)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”