My Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bocaj

Re: My Layout

Postby bocaj » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:14 am

Hmm- I might have to take of one of the buildings on the mine due to a few track work issues, I'll see and update. Luckly, it will only be one of then and will most certinly not be the mine shaft building, probably the comprssor house, I'll have to see.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for not updating for a while, not much has been happening, and there is nothing to get photos on I'm afraid. But a few things have happened luckily, so I'll tell you that.
Firstly, we managed to fill most of the screw holes in with wood filler, to make it look a bit neater. Then we have also been planning for a bit more wood, just to fit a bit of overhanging track on it, so no locos decide to go tumbling of the board!
The Biggest news of all is that I have Finally upgraded my DCC System. Today I ordered my self a Hornby Elite controller, for a great deal from Ehattons. I'll get pictures of it when it comes, and I will sometime be getting rail master to control from my Laptop, I just need to get the disk drive and USB Ports fixed lol. :lol:

Jacob :D

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not updating again, not much has been happening and I forgot about the photos :oops:
Anyway, there has been quite a bit happening today and over the past week. The Extension for the board extension came and we fitted it earlier today, it fits in well and I will be planning the rest of the track work for it today. There will be pictures coming soon.
I will be getting the track for it later this week, I will upload and get pictures for it when I can.
Also, I am doing well and enjoying the elite. I have had no luck getting Version 1.4 on there yet though, it does not like Windows 7 or Google Chrome, so I will have to use a older PC to do it on. That's what other people seem to be doing anyway.
There will be pictures up later and thanks for reading!

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Look forward to the pics Jacob!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 pm

They will be up tomorow Chris just to tell you, I have not had chance to get pictures of it yet.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry for no pictures, I have had chance to take them, but not get them up. Anyway, I have decided to move the Coaling tower to the 2nd access siding, I will explain it more in pictures when the track has been bought and put into place later this week.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
Again, sorry for the pictures been late. However, there are alot more of them now, so enjoy!
So, today I went to my local model shop, Millemium models, to get the rest of the track I needed, with the exception of two points and a few straight pieces which will be fitted soon!
So, the boards track work is now completed, as I have said about apart from a few sections. This means the goods yard in the middle of the board will soon be able to be for wagons and coaches. The Only two wagons which will be part of the new yard will be two of my Pontefract collieries wagons, which will be part of the mine. Also, they will look good stood next to the coaling tower. The Coaling tower will now be located on the second access track to the second set of sidings, it will be better to explain when I have actually got it. So, here are the pictures

The first set of pictures of the board extension

And now for the ones of the new track work!

So, those are the pictures of the board extension and it's completed track work.
Also, I got a nice The Scarbourah Flyer headboard. Originally I would have licked a Flying Scotsman one, but they did not have any, and my second choice, The White rose, so I went for one with the Scarbourah Flyer on it. This one is just as good though, as The Scarbourah Flyer passes through one of my local station, Castleford.
Here is a picture of the Headboard, it's not very good but I'm sure it will do.

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Nice updates Jacob
All Aboooooard !!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,
Not had much to update on recently, but finally something has come!
It's only small, but we have filled in the rest of the screw holes on the board extension, and we just need to smooth them of now, then the track is ready for Final Testing and then pinning.

Also, we have the wood for the bit of track hanging of the edge now, which is waiting to be fitted. We are going to fit it with brackets to make it more easy, and it does not really need to a big piece of wood for a small bit of wood. I need a small amount of track now just to finish of some sidings and then the whole track work is done.

When the small extension is fitted, I will post some more pictures up.

Jacob :)

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Wondered where you had gone !
All Aboooooard !!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:17 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:Wondered where you had gone !

Ha ha, been busy doing other things than been on here, visiting places and things!

Tony.

Postby Tony. » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Long time, since I've been here Jacob but nice updates :)

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Tony. wrote:Long time, since I've been here Jacob but nice updates :)

Thanks, it's been a while but I've got it going again now!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Everyone,
Here are the pictures of the board extension!

Looking down towards the new extension

Looking flat at the extension and sidings

The Underside of the extension, you can see the brackets which are holding it up. More on that later!

A Shot of the second piece of wood for the extension

We managed to put the station back into place

The Loco sidings were empty, as while doing to extension work, we also cleaned up the main extension bit, so all the track was laid and then re-laid.

That's where most of the locos were located at the time of the move.

You might be wondering what the second piece of wood was for, well it's for the other side of the board. Possibly to extend some of the Turntable sidings or so of the hidden sidings witch are going to be down the back of the tunnel.
The Extension was fitted using brackets, as a supporting piece of wood would be too much for it. The same will be done on the other side. I'm hoping to get some more work done on the layout this weekend.

Jacob :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”