My Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Tony.

Re: My Layout

Postby Tony. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 pm

I see lol I've only got one A4 lol :(

And good luck with all the DCC, I can't be arsed with that, good old r965 ;)

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:20 am

I've thought that about DCC too a few times, however have got used to it.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:26 am

We managed to get a bit more work on the layout yesterday, we sawed some ends of the flexi track which was hanging of the edge of the board, and also manged to get a small peice of Flexible track into place to get the long siding down the side of the station operational, at the moment it is ocupied by A3 60043 'Brown Jack' which looks good next to the A4s.

Jacob :D

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have managed to compleat the track plan for the new board extension compleatly now, there are some fairly long sidings in the track plan, so there is easly going to be enough sidings for everything! I know just need to get a bit of track to compleat the board extension track, I have got some points which at this moment in time are unused, they are supposed to be in other goods yards, but for the moment there is no use for them so they could possibly be used! I will get some pictures of it all soon.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have managed to get a bit more track pinned down today, just some sidings and ends of track from where I had extended sidings and things. I'll get some pictures up tommorow hopefully.

Tony.

Postby Tony. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 pm

bocaj wrote:Hi Everyone,
I have managed to get a bit more track pinned down today, just some sidings and ends of track from where I had extended sidings and things. I'll get some pictures up tommorow hopefully.

What do I keep telling you Jacob, you need photos ....

But I do like progress matey

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Yes I know, as I said in the post There are photos coming.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Unfortunatly I've had a few issues with photos, so Ill have another go tommorow.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Well, there is this one, but it just shows the fishplates which have been removed.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 am

I'm planning on finaly doing some of the Metcalfe Platforms Tommorow, so look out for updates.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 am

We have started a different Metcalfe kit now, we might still get time to do the platforms this weekend but probably not today.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,
Quite a bit of work and planning has been done on the layout today. So let's get on.
The first thing we did was start building the Metcalfe goods shed, the kit features very good detail, fairly easy to build and great value for money. The Main shed is allmost compleated, with just a few things remaining to build. Then, there is the two huts that come with the kit and also the outer platform. The outer platform will be featuring on part of the board extension, which will be featuring later. We should be compleating the Goods shed tommorow.
Here is a picture of the nearly compleated goods shed, there will be another one when it is fully compleated.

So, now onto the other part of the update.
Well, the board extension is now going to be featuring a coaling tower, in a siding where locos cannot perminetly park up due to the siding being in use for acsess reasons, but should be able to be used for coaling. I will be using the Ratio Coaling tower kit, as it's the best one to suit my layout. The Hornby Skaledale one was too rare and looked too big for my layout. Then I had a look at the Bachmann scenecraft one, but this also looked too big and mutch too expensive. They looked good and detailed, but not on my layout. So Iooked for another one and came across the Ratio one, which looked the right size for my preserved line.
So, aswell as that, the spare platform that I mentioned earler which came with the Metcalfe kit will be featuring in a small siding for a couple of coal wagons, and will be used as a loading/unloading bay.
Then, the big change on the board extension. It will now be featuring a Coal Mine! It will be build using the Hornby Skaledale Coal mine range, it will feature a few of the buildings. It will be on the space which was unable to be used, due to the shape of the board and also the point work. So i've made the most out of it. I'm not sure when this will come to the layout, but it will hopefully be soon and possibly this year!
I'll be uploading pictures of the mine and things tommorow, it was set to be uploaded today, but for some reason they were not on my computer when I went to upload them, so Im going to have to retake them tommorow unfortunatly.

So thats the update over and done with, look out for more soon.

StevieDay

Postby StevieDay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Thats a very impressive goods yard you've created there Jacob.

What size is your layout? And do you have a track plan that we can see please?
Regards,
Steve

My Layout;- Rayne St, Fictional N-Gauge Layout viewtopic.php?t=30856

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:28 pm

StevieDay wrote:Thats a very impressive goods yard you've created there Jacob.

What size is your layout? And do you have a track plan that we can see please?

Thanks! The main board is 8ft X 4ft 6 Inches, then the new extension is about 6ft X 2ft 9Inches, then the turntable area is about 1ft 9 inches X 1ft. I'll just make a few modifications to the track plan then I'll get a picture up of it.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Had a few issues with the track plan, I'll have another go tommorow.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”