My Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bocaj

Re: My Layout

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 am

I also thought that Train pack was a good deal, you were getting the coaches free. I did not get it though, I don't think I could at the time.

Jacob :)

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:12 pm

The pictures-

This one is of the track plan on the control panel.

This one of the other plan, its a bit hard to see.

And also the pictures of the A4s for Mark. Hopefully there will be a fourth A4 in the collection when Hornby release the double tendered bittern, that would be good in Garter blue!

Last edited by bocaj on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:33 pm

bocaj wrote:
And also the pictures of the A4s for Mark. Hopefully there will be a fourth A4 in the collection when Hornby release the double tendered bittern, that would be good in Garter blue!

Yay, nice view of the top shed :D, Bitten should be cool with its two tenders.

Mark

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Yep it should be good, and will go well with my other A4s.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 am

Just a quick update,
We measured up for a extension at the weekend, just a small one behind the tunnel to make sure that no locos fall off!

Video version- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9P0lG0 ... ature=plcp

Tony.

Postby Tony. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Still looking good Jacob

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 am

Hi everyone,
We have made some progress on the layout. We managed to pain all of the outer bits of the baseboard, just the inner bits to go now. Pictures coming soon.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 am

Here are the pictures of the painted board-

A Video version of the update is available here- http://youtu.be/GgASek2rIcY

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Everyone,
Some more work has been made on the layout. We have managed to pin down the entire branch line to the extension and most of the extension itself. We did not pin the flexi track down, as it may need some slight changes once all of the buildings are on.

Also, we have the wood for the remaining extension work, it just needs to be fitted.

Withing a few weeks, I will have enough money to buy all of the moters and equipment needed to make all of the points on the extension moterised, so look out for work on that within a few weeks.

A Video version of the update is available here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1CJoWI5rY

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Some more work on the layout has been done this weekend. Some temporary wiring work has been done on the layout, as we bought some scale lighting into the station. It looks really good and when all of the buildings are in place, and they are fitted with lighting, more permeant wiring for it will be put in place.

Also, we have built the other Metcalfe tunnel entrances so soon work on the tunnel can commence.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 am

Hi everyone,
Quite a bit has been done this week.

Firstly we have bought all of the point moters and switches needed to put moters on all the extensions points. We also bought the CDU which is needed for points then points . We temporarily wired up one point just to see if we had the technique right, and after a while of experimenting we got it working. We only had enough wire to do the wiring for two points. We did not put the point moters on, but we just put the wiring for two in. We are going to need to get some more wire before doing anymore.

I'll put a link to the video version of the update later today once it has uploaded.

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 am

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not updating in a while, but alot of progress has been made!

Firstly, we managed to lay the lengths of wire from the points to where the control panel is going to be built. We need to fit the point moters to the wires now. We also put tails onto the switches to make it easier to solder the other wires on. We then Fitted some bits of wood to avoid any locos falling off the board. We also managed to put some of the wood edges onto the side of the control panel.

Yesterday, we started to do a small amount of work on the tunnel. We got some wooden templates just to go a bit into the tunnel to make it look more realistic and like its not actually open in the back. It also makes the tunnel darker and therefore more realistic.

Pictures and a video will be up soon!

bocaj

Postby bocaj » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I felt that I should only post one picture on as the others would be a bit boring, they are just some wires and I don't think many people would be interested in them. If you are, I'll put them up.

There was one picture though, and that's the start of the tunnel construction.

One of these structures will be put on the start of each entrance to make it look more realistic when looking down into the tunnel and also to make it darker. Its simply two templates of the tunnel entrance with a piece of card with bricks on the inside between them both.

I'm not sure when the next update will be, it should be within the next two weeks.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”