Hood-dale Main - V3 is imminent!!!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
cosxr2i

Re: Hood-dale Main - My first attempt at a layout!

Postby cosxr2i » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:05 pm

lol damn you builders and your trussed roofs , yeah not bad mate every now and then i see her glueing bits and cutting stuff and painting things its quite worrying as im not allowed to see it lol

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am

This layout is primarily DC, but as of yesterday I ordered a basic DCC setup just to see what I make of it, so going to be busy with a lot of soldering this weekend putting dropper wires everywhere!
Quite looking forward to being able to have the lights permantly on the loco's when they are sat on shed! Should be quite good I think. Besides, when I get my 60 wagon coal train or long fuel train going will be nice to be able double head them!
Will keep you posted, more photos to come shortly!

whynot

Postby whynot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Looks very nice. So much space must seem equally a blessing and a (time and money!) curse. I'm sure I'd become disheartened - my patience level is very low!

I guess the trick is not to make it all look crowded.
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Very nice layout and the love that dirtey Vi Reggie Railways 37.
Any chance you can do a fleet list for us?
thanks
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi whynot the space is good, but i understand what you're saying. Sometimes look and think I'd just decided on a shelf end to end at one side. But will be worth it in the end..

And Ark Royal, not much of a fleet list as yet because I've sold them all just about so I can start buying new models, have got a few more vitrains on their way. This will be:
Vitrains 37 - 37158 'British Steel Hunterston' Civil Link Livery
Vitrains 37 - 37414 'Cathays C&W Works' Regional Railways
Vitrains 37 - 37421 'Strombidae' Petroleum Sector
Vitrains 37 - 37431 'Bullidae' Petroleum Sector
Vitrains 37 - 37141 BR Blue

Yes i'm a tractor fan!

Have got 2 Lima Intercity's here also, but both need a bit of work and more carriages if I keep them. Also got 1 old Hornby 37 in BR Blue and 1 Lima 37 in BR Blue 'British Steel Teeside'

Just sold my old Hornby and Lima's which were:
47 - RES / Parcels livery
33 - Dutch / civil link livery
37 - Railfreight original livery
20 - BR Tinsley Green
20 - Railfreight redstripe
58 - Coal Sector
58 x 2 Railfreight redstripe

And that is and was that lol.... Hope to keep expanding the fleet as funds permit. Wanting a couple of 47's in RES livery. Some more sector locos for coal and steel trains. Need to start on passenger trains too, so a few DMU's will be in order to. Other than that we shall see!!!

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Made a few more bits, tweaked a few things and generally had a lazy few days just mulling over what exactly to do next!
To start with I made some scrap loads for my SSA wagons (which look great by the way!)

Decided to pop together a few of the Scalescenes station extra such as these, newspaper kiosk, ticket inspectors booth and the gents toilets which I scratched a roof together with some more card and part of a wills cold frame kit. Like to think it looks ok!

Also decided on low relief warehouse backs to go along the rear of the mainline across from the diesel depot. These are a flight of fantasy so I hope they look ok to you all. Used a couple of doors from a scalescenes print off for bit of detailing...

Oh, and the DCC controller arrived today, just a shame the decoders haven't!!! Was dying to try it out but could I? NO!!!

One more thing, ignore the plastic bases on the figures! They are only temporary until I buy some modern figures and glue them in place properly. These are just stunt doubles for the real actors yet to arrive!!!! :P

cosxr2i

Postby cosxr2i » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm

looks great mate ,shame about the decoders though,you ll soon be up and running ,the warehouses look good to me as do the kiosk etc :mrgreen:

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, gutted they never arrived but gives me a chance to get the power bus up n sorted. Was too lazy to be bothered today! :lol:

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Thought I'd try out a couple of the new scalescenes containers. Here's one I prepared earlier! I think they look the biz...
Look quite realistic from a bit of a distance, result! Not at all cardboardy..

GROTLAND

Postby GROTLAND » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:07 am

A lot of that doesn't look cardboardy at all, especially the stone work on the station bulidings. You've got some nice scenes here and good lighting.

gbonesteak

Postby gbonesteak » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 am

Fantastic layout mate, love all the little cameos and street scenes too.
Too close for guns...................................Switching to Rockets!!!

http://photobucket.com/CuparWorks

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Cheers for the comments chaps... Always good to know something is going right... Oh and Grotland, just read all of your thread for your layout.. That is an awesome layout, the detail and weathering is immaculate. Loving it pal......

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 pm

As requested by a couple of people here is a quick mock up of the track plan. Not the best version, photoshop going divvy so had to use a crappy art package temporarily!!!

The green dashed lines are retaining walls and the yellow dots represent where the ground rises. The whole ground level raises from the left to the right even though the track remains level....
Let me know what you think!
Cheers.

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Two new arrivals at Hood-dale depot this week.... To improve the tractor line-up...

Both ViTrains, 37421 'Strombidae' and 37431 'Bullidae' (rebadged and renumbered to get his one) both running contract to Shell Petroleum. In triple grey petroleum sector livery....

cosxr2i

Postby cosxr2i » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 am

:mrgreen: they look nice mate all sitting there ,looking forward to seeing them in the flesh on sunday lol

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”