Hood-dale Main - V3 is imminent!!!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
tractor37

Re: Hood-dale Main - proceeding nicely at last!

Postby tractor37 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Now that is a question to which I would like to know the answer also. Both times I've fitted the detailing I've sat there scratching my head at that bit! There's no mention of it on the instruction sheet either is there?? Odd.. :shock:

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Theres no mention of it from what I see :shock: but its in the pack and annoying :lol:

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi all...
After once again sliding down the pages I thought its about time I posted something.. :lol:
I've been working on several things at once lately therefore none of them has been completed (or got anywhere close either may I add!)
The most I have got done is the start of the large factory complex overlooking the station area. The unit itself is a series of plaster cast items representing corrugated steel panelling, hard to tell in the pics as I have only given them the first colour so close ups are messy therefore you ain't getting one! :lol: The fencing is a great looking whitemetal one from Ten Commandments. Tad fiddly with my hands though. Better pic once the wire is all threaded through it..

Also I have had a couple of new additions to grace the steels of Hood-dale. 1st up is a nice shiny tractor in Railfreight redstripe colours courtesy of Pedro32 (cheers Pete) and looks great.. Just needs the weathering treatment now..

And second up I purchased myself one of the lovely Heljan DPU 128s. And I am very impressed to.. And a first for me I sent it off to be weathered superbly by none other than this parish's own n2oo (much obliged Lee). I have to say his work is second to none...

And here it is keeping the other blues company..

And if you remember the couple frolicking on the parcels trolley in a recent post they seem to be making a bit more of a living from it these days!!!! :shock:

More to follow shortly I hope as I have also been attempting to paint my own figures and make my own trees... So I shall have to see how they turn out before sharing my efforts!! :lol:

Jas... :D

n2oo

Postby n2oo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Glad you like it matey. Erm the 128 that is..... :o
Regards,
Lee.

My Flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/br_blue/

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Naturally the 128 pal.. What else could you mean??? :lol:
Seriously though pal. Awesome work... Impressed.

n2oo

Postby n2oo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:38 pm

:D :D
Regards,
Lee.

My Flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/br_blue/

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Wed May 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Brilliant Jas. The 37 is grand isn't it. I had to get the Large Logo one with sound as well. I have 4 37s now ! Lee did a good job on the 128, one which I think I may have to get as well.

That is a nice little station cameo you have as well. Don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that on any of the platforms I have stood one ! :o :o
All Aboooooard !!

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Cheers Scott... I love the 128, definitely a worth buy.. Weighs a bumming ton to..
As for the cameo it wont stay on the station, its just there until I get more scenic stuff done then I have a cunning plan for it... :lol:

Pedro32

Postby Pedro32 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Jas,

The 37 looks at home on your layout- does need some well deserved dirt though! :lol:

Have you chipped the DPU yet? Does it have a cab light? Top stuff!

Cheers

Pete

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm impressed with the realism of the frolicking couple. Surely you can't buy those off the shelf....I'm afraid to google it :-) If you repainted them, what were they doing originally?
Click the banner for my Smugmug site

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:55 am

Hi Pete. Still waiting for the decoder to arrive pal. And the tractor will be dirty soon enough!
Brotherwolf, they are bought like that lol. Go to gaugemaster ans look at the Noch figures there, plenty of choice :D

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Thu May 30, 2013 8:06 am

Loving the locos and scenics. :D

Couple on the platform is epic. :D

Top work Jas

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am

tractor37 wrote:Brotherwolf, they are bought like that lol. Go to gaugemaster ans look at the Noch figures there, plenty of choice :D

I'll be honest I'm a bit disappointed, i was hoping that it was some ingenious transformation of a workman and a hairdresser or something. Not sure where you'd get a permit for that sort of thing from, sometimes it's hard enough taking pictures of trains an a platform, let alone anything else.
Click the banner for my Smugmug site

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

The layout (and the fleet!) are coming along nicely mate. As to the scenario on the luggage trolley I can only quote Harold Steptoe-
"You dirty, dirty old man!"

:lol: :lol:
Weekend toy, Victor XL231's blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/ Admittedly not a train, but classic, British and LOUD!
My OO work in progress: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36766

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi all..
Not a massive update but have been getting lots of little bits done... I've been getting more done for the factory area, fencing around it, more greenery around the wall tops and better painting on it.
Also been weathering the track and toning the ballast down a bit. Looks better now.. Just need to give it all a dirty wash now..
And I have also added a pic of my first painted figures by me, bring on the chavs :lol: ... And last but not least I got the decoder popped in the DPU so the lights now work and it looks awesome...
Anyway, pics... :D
Looks great with the cab lights on doesn't it??
More to follow shortly I hope..
Jas... :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”