Bloxwich Depot, N, the fences and greenery begin! P2

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
hairyhandedfool

Re: Bloxwich Depot, N, the fences and greenery begin! P2

Postby hairyhandedfool » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 am

nickn wrote:....Thanks, this is a good point and one I've been thinking about a bit, but I'm not sure what the best material would be to make the crossings from - all suggestions welcome!....

Well, at Bedford Carriage Sidings they use wood for the crossings, so maybe some spare sleepers?
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 am

Hi there

Mate, I am well impressed with this. Just goes to show how you can make a limited space really work as a layout. I kinda like that I know there's loads of stuff going on 'behind the scenes' but then that's what it's all about, isn't it...letting the imagination go :) And all in 'N': I seriously thought it was '00' until I paid proper attention to the title :lol:

I'm with Hairy on the crossings: I find most footpath crossings are simply planks of wood layed parallel to the lines. There are some good examples on the forum to get inspiration from. Most people seem to just make them out of scrap balsa or matches or whatever comes to hand and paint them up and weather them appropriately. Might be a good idea to knock up a 'WARNING: TRAINS CROSSING' sign or somat to go with it too :wink:

Cheers fella, like this a lot. Look forward to the next steps!

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

nickn

Postby nickn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks all of you for the very kind comments! I feel inspired to push on with the endless ballasting now!!

Thanks Hairy and Tim for the tips on the walkways, I've got some spare sleepers and a box of matches somewhere so I'll have a go at that.

PD. wrote: I feel like I am driving up to a mid 80's MFI

Ha ha ha! I know what you mean, maybe my next layout should be a giant Ikea!

Cheers
Nick

nickn

Postby nickn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Afternoon everyone,

Ballasting continues - very slowly! In the meantime 67012 was spotted at the depot for the first time...

And someone's been along and dumped a road sign and cone in amongst the bushes down at the container yard end...

That's all for now! Hopefully work will continue and more pics will follow soon.

Nick

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Good to see you're still making steady progress here. Believe me, the sign & cone will only be the start of the littering here!

dagenham

Postby dagenham » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:51 pm

hi ya mate
your layout just gets better and better when are you going to extend it and will we see it on the exhibition circuit???
peter

nickn

Postby nickn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Belated thanks for the comments guys, not been around much recently. But hopefully I'll make more progress soon!

Peter - the extension will have to wait for a bigger house, but I don't reckon it's good enough for exhibiting just yet!

Cheers
Nick

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:47 pm

I must say that 67012 certainly looks superb! I would have had one of the OO gauge models without a doubt if The Bridge had been a modern era layout.

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

nickn

Postby nickn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Yes it's certainly a very nice model Stuart. I've also got the Dapol box set tucked away ready to join 67012 for Wrexham and Shropshire days on the depot! (that's if the ballasting is ever finished!!!!)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”