The AC Lines Project

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
87 101

Re: The AC Lines Project

Postby 87 101 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I have a mental image in my head of a curved viaduct between those scalescenes houses and warehouse from the heatherburn. Going to do some planning tonight. 8)

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 pm

87 101 wrote:I have a mental image in my head of a curved viaduct between those scalescenes houses and warehouse from the heatherburn. Going to do some planning tonight. 8)

I am liking the sound of the viaduct 8) get planning :wink:

Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

manna

Postby manna » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 pm

G'Day Gents

Like the sound of that, shades of 'Borchester' and that was/is a classic railway layout, fingers crossed :D

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

thomas the plank engine

Postby thomas the plank engine » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Dave,

As posted on the Heathburn thread, pictures of the final demise of both Heathburn, Potters Lane, and Trent Valley would be nice...... :wink:

Ian

87 101

Postby 87 101 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Potters and Trent valley still have one more show to do in a couple of weeks time. It will be a while before I dismantle these two as I want to get the garage sorted properly this time before I fill it with railway again.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Hmmm...viaduct....terminus...with through lines....don't fancy building Portsmouth station do you? :P

Seriously though Dave, it seems you've had a bit of a Beeching rush...for the better though! I would simply love to see a layout by you with a big viaduct approach and some sort of split level station. High and Low level maybe?

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

87 101

Postby 87 101 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 am

Tim you are a genius I was trying to come up with plan for the new layout and you have just given me a great idea. Now I have some pics of Tamworth somewhere...... :wink:

dan1988

Postby dan1988 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm

alright dave mate. gary did tell me about you thinking of a newlayout how about some nse ha ha or if you want you can do the channel tunnel thats what i am doing

siquelme

Postby siquelme » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Infrontcat wrote:Hmmm...viaduct....terminus...with through lines....don't fancy building Portsmouth station do you? :P

He should try and model Portsmouth Harbour the only station where you really have to mind the gap or you will end going for a swim!
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

ie 201

Postby ie 201 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:20 am

Dave,
Be careful im still trying to get my head around the 5m x 3m i have at my disposal, i ve spent the last two years designing -scraping, designing and of course Murphys opening my wallet every few months and taking a big wad of cash out for the latest goodies.
A least the wagon works is open for business!!!!
Best of luck with the new layout mate

thesludge

Postby thesludge » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:52 pm

wow....Dave man your nuts lol.

However on the upside i will (now time is available again) look forward to watching the new layout progressing

thesludge

Postby thesludge » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 pm

dave no updates then?????

87 101

Postby 87 101 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Been a long time since I updated this thread. :roll:

AC lines has been in storage for 12 months now and was due to be retired although I have just accepted an invitation to attend Jarrow show next year. The past year has seen a few changes layout wise with the scrapping of the heatherburn garden railway and the bletchford layout that I started in the garage. Health wise I had an opperation back in march for a hernia that ment that I ended up cancilling a show appearence as I didn't feel up to it. In april I returned to full time employment and gave up doing model making work for others mainly due to my workload although I did get messed about by a couple of customers. At one point I considered giving up model making all together ...........

I have been working away on a large layout up in the loft although I have given up posting progress on any of the forums due to lack of intrest by others. Now I only post regular updates on my westcoast miniatures facebook group for those who still follow my modelling projects.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/gro ... 403110355/

thesludge

Postby thesludge » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 pm

blimey dave, youve been through the run o mill of things then mate. Sorry to have heard the issues you have to deal with.

am very interested in your posts and updates - i got a lot of inspiration from you pal, so if you have en effect on 1 person then thats good

I still wwant my station doing though pal, i mean that. I am not bothered if i have to wait 12 months but still want a quality job done by a guy has a great attention to detail.

I will add your link to my facebook account - you have no excuse then lol :P

Glad you are okay otherwise. I did try the other site but didnt recognise my details and now i see there is a fee............ :roll:

Stay in touch - i love yur updates

GarrettTheThief

Postby GarrettTheThief » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi, I quite like what you've done so far - it looks absolutely amazing! The scratch building is awesome too. I want to run the Class 89 test train on future layouts and managed to source a RTR model from DC Kits. How did you get hold of Lab 6 Prometheus in OO gauge? And how did you do the lighting on the 89?
"Thanks for taking that personality test for me."
"I'm not sure you'll find it useful. I answered everything with a joke."
"Oh, it told me a lot. For instance, you're not funny."

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”