Leicester Fosse (Central) Sishades new epic

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
dan8400

Re: Leicester Fosse (Central) Sishades new epic

Postby dan8400 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Sishades

Great job on the dilapidated goods yard. It really looks the business! I love those long platforms full of carriages as well.

Cracking layout this, and you have a wicked sense of humour

Keep it up

Thanks
Dan
My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30117

GeraldH

Postby GeraldH » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Very nicely done. Has a real Great Central feel.
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Epic it is !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Anyhow its Crimble today and i thought that I would treat myself to a bacon and egg muffin for breakfast. The pan was heated, 3 strips of thick bacon were artistically tossed in and a chicken based byproduct added to the mix. Before long a whiff of smoky bacon filled the air and my nostrils, the muffin was toasting in the toaster and butter applied. Yummy. But what to do while the bacon was cooking. I know, I thought. A bit of modelling is in order. Anyhow two minutes and over 300 pieces of card later my table looked like this,......

I found a bit of bluetack, sticky tape and some more sticky stuff, and just as the egg was done, the pieces of card were miraculously transformed into a row of houses....

These will eventually go towards the back at the south end of the layout where I have changed the scenery a little.

So there you go, a nice way to while away a few minutes culminating in a tasty breakfast snack.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

grippets

Postby grippets » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Mate,

Long time no speak. Just catching up with your layout and it looks great, love the bridge and canal. I've got a similar size to you in the attic and what you've done with your space is amazing. I may start a thread on mine soon once I decide if I'm going ahead with my current plans.

Regards Dean.

P.S Rooting for Leicester for the title, my how things have changed for our clubs in the last few years.
Follow me on Instagram @deanstreetstation

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 am

You are right, I am starting to dream the impossible, however Man City and Arsenal away in the next two games are tricky. No work being done on the railway as I am currently in Australia for a few weeks
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

sishades

Postby sishades » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:33 pm

No story today as I am very tired so straight to the fun time and pleasurey bits. As you might have noticed my beloved foxes have won the premier league title (yes really) so to celebrate here is a video update of Leicester Fosse Central. You should all know the words by now...And also congrats to Bristol Rovers as well..last minute goals are such fun.!

https://youtu.be/rgEZWEgm044

and some pictures of bits that have changed.....

Thats it...Im knackered...its 8:30 and im off to bed.

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:06 pm

That's looing great and congratulations on the Prem win

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:35 am

Looking really good, I love your bridges, they are really impressive.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Shaun Mac

Postby Shaun Mac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Ooooooooh,

A Leicester City fan. How did it feel to have just about every neutral football supporter cheering you on to win the title? Every football fan I knew, as soon as they knew their team wasn't going to win it, seemed to have the same response;

"Who do you want to win the title now?"

"Leicester"

I've followed football for nearly 45 years and have never known a team to have so many neutrals cheering them on as your side did this year.

Shaun

sishades

Postby sishades » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

It felt and feels great. The last few months have been incredibly stressful. I had so many people come and talk to me when I was in Australia and New Zealand. I did not meet one neutral who wanted the Spurs to win it.

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:55 pm

I did have a new story but pressed the wrong button and lost the lot. So as I cannot be bothered to rewrite it all I will just post some pics of what has been done on the layout in the last 6 weeks and I promise not to laugh at Forest, Villa, Cov and Derby .

and finally

End2end

Postby End2end » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Just SO much detail!
Personal highlights for me are the rusty corrugated fencing, the checkered doorstep of the pub, the weathering on the roll-along cabins and the alley at the back of the houses. Although I don't really like card as a building medium you've managed to get everthing looking superb. Thanks for the pictures :)

I will say though..... Forest Villa? Sounds like a good place for a holiday. :lol:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

pointstaken

Postby pointstaken » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:20 pm

First time I've looked through this thread for ages. There are so many impressive bits, particularly the houses, that it would be invidious to pick out any particular feature. A most impressive set up. Makes me realise it's time to move my butt and get some real modelling done, instead of sitting on my pass drooling over what you have achieved, A really excellent achievement, sir.

Dennis
I know nothing, but much I believe

whynot

Postby whynot » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:01 pm

The sheer quantity of built kits on view makes my brain hurt! I've always tended to the pessimistic - I don''t think I've ever expected to live long enough to assemble such a huge urban scene (and now I know I won't). Much admiration for your skill and enthusiasm - the result is very impressive and looks excellent.
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”