Olympic Tour-N gauge version. Now On Tour!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
cmeonthemove

Re: Olympic Tour-N gauge version. Now On Tour!

Postby cmeonthemove » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Great start to the tour Chris. Cheers for posting, can't wait to see the other photos!

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Chris, and Claude, don't panic squire, i'll have them repackaged, paperwork etc sent on for the next leg of the tourdone for around the end of this week coming chap. :D

Okay, so every other two weeks of a sunday is meadowlands model railway club morning, and unfortunately, things there are going through a great deal of upheaval, with having to move everything into the garage we have the main 00 layout in and a lean-to which was constructed back in the autumn as we no longer have use of a space in a main building for the n-gauge tail chaser layout and our exhibition job 'Ropley' ..but despite the general melay and scenes of chaos and construction/destruction, The Olmpic Tour Vans were able to have a run around, which included being loaded onto 00 flat-beds/conflats for a whistle-stop tour of our 00 gauge layout

The intended run, Ropley all packed away, bummer! ..not to worry though.

"EEEE, that's a peculiar load in t'station?"

"Even the station porter wasn't quite sure what to make of it?!"

And with a wave of a green flag and shrill peep-pip! ..the tour is underway! :)

The tour starts to pic up speed and make good time behind the clubs capable tender driven Black 5, No: 5138 of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway

the tour is transfered to London, Brighton & South Coast territory, where it is picked up by LBSCR 0-6-0 No:100.

Then a quick jaunt past the Piston Ales Brewery, by diesel shunter from the 50's/60's..

..Which by the time it has reached the final destination for the 00 tour at Meadowhall Lower Halt, for transfer to the N gauge line.. has managed to travel through to time and arrove in BR Blue livery?

Next part of the tour coming up in a wee while. :wink:

regards to all :D

Terrier

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Just before i get busy uploading and presenting the N gauge layout tour of the club, here's a quick vid (with appaling sound quality.. apologies ..also, if you do turn your volume up high enough to listen to me rambling on, please remember to turn it down again afterwards, i got a dose of message alert at full volume earlier.. not good lol)

A quick vid of the tour behind North Eastern J72

actual 'N' gauge stuff to follow. :lol: :lol:

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Now that's original and a great take on the word "Tour"! Super. Looks like a narrow gauge stock move of some sort. Cheers for posting.

Deltic1981

Postby Deltic1981 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 am

I think we need to name the wagons like the OO tours does. :)

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:30 pm

the odd one is Olli.... a good Finnish name :D and asy they are MY wagons lol I think I should be allowed to name one :D
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 pm

As they came from Finland, maybe they should be Olli, Mika and Bjorn. I originally thought of Tom Dick & Harry :lol:

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

:D I like the Finnish names, i'm ready almost to send them on tomorrow or saturday, so Mr Dreyfus Sir! if you can send me details in a pm of where next to send the little blighters, it'll be a privilege to carry on the tour chap. :) 8)

(those n gauge pictures will be up tomorrow at some point gents and ladies) :D

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 am

cmeonthemove wrote:As they came from Finland, maybe they should be Olli, Mika and Bjorn. I originally thought of Tom Dick & Harry :lol:

Bjorn is Swedish lol
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

Claude Dreyfus

Postby Claude Dreyfus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Arrived safe and sound at Dreyfus Towers this morning...and I must say they really do look very nice.

It won't be until Friday before they get a chance to be shown off on the layout...which probably is not so bad as they first need to be shipped to Japan, loaded onto lowloaders for the next stage journey to Nagano for conversion to 3' 6'' gauge, and thereafter tripped to Yamanouchi Oshika for their visit. All takes time you know... :wink:

Claude Dreyfus

Postby Claude Dreyfus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm

STOP PRESS!

Word has reached me of a suspicious looking transfer service skulking around darkest Hampshire. Apparently it is a shipment of wagons to Southampton, whereupon they are due to be loaded onto a ship and dispatched at full speed to Tokyo. The photo submitted suggests yet another class 04 shunter is the locomotive for this valuable cargo.

04 1.jpg
04 1.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 8514 times

Tank

Postby Tank » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 am

Looks great on your layouts.

Good work on the models Chris. *thumbs up* Add me to the list please, as I've started on a new layout...so by the time it gets to me I should be well on the way. :) I look forward to more photo's.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 am

Excellent photo Claude. They actually seem to suit the shunter quite well (apart from being white obviously!). I just hope they don't use the same crane to lift these onto the ship as they did for 70012...

Chris (Tank), you are added to the list!

Tank

Postby Tank » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks mate!

cmeonthemove wrote:I just hope they don't use the same crane to lift these onto the ship as they did for 70012...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Nice one Claude Dreyfus! :D glad they got there swift and in one piece chap. ..i'd better pull my socks up and get the pics and vids i've still got post posted. :shock: :lol:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”