loft layout by laira depot

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
lairadepot

loft layout by laira depot

Postby lairadepot » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:41 pm

hi all
its been a very long time since i have been on here and a long time since my railway had any work done on it
but now there is a new one in the making at the mo it only on a 5x2 board small but it will be getting bigger with time as i am taking time laying track doing the electrics motorising points and eventually signals
at the mo the track is layed and point motors put in and wired up but its having the ballasting done at the mo but not coming up that good and i am using pva glue watered down and a few drops of washing up liquid added but still the ballast is coming up wrong anh ideas were i may be going wrong
it is a diesel depot on a 2 track main lne with a 4 road depot at one end at the other end will be the washing plant and fueling area with loco and train sidings but the washing and diesel fuel aea is still a way off yet as i am concentrating on one board
it will be stocked with all sorts of diesel traction from 66s 37s 47s 20s 50s and diesel multiple units from all regions and eras and will be eventually stocked with a new dcc flying scotsman and mallard
and eventually the signals will be automated by heathcote electronics
photos will be following if i someone can tell me how to work photo bucket as i cant remember
any comments will be gratefull and looked into for future developments

50035 Ark Royal

Re: loft layout by laira depot

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Laira Depot a man with taste 50's now we are talking but your other stock list sounds interesting as well.Can't say i approve of the 66's but each to thier own.Looking forward to seeing some pics and seeing this one develop fot the Vac;s alone.
thanks
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 am

Hey lairadepot, if you logg on to photobucket then upload the pictures onto photobucket that you want to show us.
Then make sure all the photo's you want to put on the forum are 800x600 pixels wide, you can resize them on photobucket.
Then on your gallery then with all your photo's, under each photo there should be a IMG code, copy and paste that for each pic onto here.
Job Done.
Can't wait to see some pics of this layout.

Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 am

hi all
thanks stew i will get some pics done today and start adding them to the page but i will say it will be a slow process on makeing the layout as for funds being low with 5 kids and a mrs and xmas coming up lol
laira depot

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:12 pm

hi all
just as promised here are some pics of some locos i have got especially for the 50 fans out there

here is 50011 Centurion

here is 50035 Ark Royal

and here is a pic of the latest loco to the fleet a BR blue class 20

hope you enjoy the pics especially the 50 fans out there
many thanks
laira depot

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 pm

hi guys
just an update for you
well the layout now has a name and its Feltham Depot it is ficticious but it could of been if BR had thought of it.
its losley based on were the old Feltham Marshalling Yards were and is losely based on the existing track work that is still there altho it is one to the weeds and shrubs lol
the pics are of teh first board and the points have all been wired up and motorised and the shed will eventually be fitted with lights inside the depot
and the depot will have blue fashing leds abouve the depot roads to indicate to people of train movements.
the second board is underconstruction and will have pics taken once again it is wired up and points motorised.
and the sidings for empty coaching stock will eventually have working ground signals on them.
hope you enjoy the pics.

here is a pic of the main shed

here is a pic of the main sheds and the main line that feeds it

here is a pic of the depot with a loco entering it

here is a pic of the middle of teh depot the second board will be fitted to the left of it

hope you enjoy all the pics and any suggestions would be good
many thanks
laira depot

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Excellent mate love the Vac;s and like me you have the best one :wink: Centurion also good , will you be repainting with a black roof and red bufferbeams circa May 1986 as it was repainted for a twinning ceremony at Paddington on the 15/05/86 have a lovely shot of the loco at Oxford on the return working to Padd.
Your depot looks very good and quite a variety of stock, can't say im too keen with the 66's but the 57 looks good although not quite the same as a 50 on the Night Riviera.I will close with 2 pics for some inspirations you could do if you want to no 11.
Keep up the good work
Will follow this closely.
Ian
Attachments
img364.jpg
A weather beaten Centurion ready to go at Padd August 1985
img364.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
img362.jpg
What a contrast Centurion immaculate about to depart Oxford 15/05/86 but in reality only 9 months left!!!!
img362.jpg (56.18 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:19 pm

hi all
thanks for the words of encouragement as for detailing the loco 50011 to have a black roof but i will be trying to do some detaling ie roof with black to show off the locos exhaust apart from that i dont know what i am going to do to the loco
many regards
laira depot

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Good start Laira but please don't encourage the 50's fanatics :lol: :wink:

Money is an issue with many of us I guess so take your time and build it up as you want and as best you can. As you can tell from my thread mine is a long term project :lol: :roll:

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Looks like you've made a good start and looking forward to seeing this develop. Sounds like you have some good plans. Are you still thinking of doing one in N? (That looks like 00 to me).

bobby55016

Postby bobby55016 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm

ballast looks ok to me
Bobby Hill

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 pm

hi all
yes it is 00 gauge and yes i will be making an n gauge layout of plymouth north road station one day but its a long way off
for now i am concentrating on building my oo gauge layout called Feltham Depot
it will be stocked with hornby and bachmann dcc locos and will have buildings from peco ie the sheds and bachmann and hornby buildings
the stock will be of any period and of any area of the uk but it will run according to era
the second board has been constructed and all it needs now is to wire it up and put poit motors in which will be from peco
and the third board which will be a scenic tunnel area which will be started tommorow so more pics will be on this weekend
and this weekend im at my clubs finescale exibition held in rainham essex which will be showing em and o gauge from our club and lots more from other clubs
one question for you guys what kind of scatter or ballast would look good in the depot area??
many thanks
laira depot

heda

Postby heda » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Laira

Just curious but you mentioned calling your layout 'Feltham Depot' , any reason for that?, the reason that I ask is that I grew up in Feltham (in the late 50's early 60's) and always remember groups of us standing on the footbridge watching the steam trains, there was a lot of activity, as Feltham had, as I understand now one of the biggest marshalling yards in England. This I guess is why my interest in steam trains has surfaced almost 50 years later!

Dave

Nathan20138

Postby Nathan20138 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I like 50's and I like 66's but give me a Chopper any day!
lairadepot wrote:and here is a pic of the latest loco to the fleet a BR blue class 20

Got some great loco's there mate.

Nathan.
"Let all men who go to don armour tomorrow remember to go before they don armour tomorrow."

Brightside Lane TMD
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33379

lairadepot

Postby lairadepot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 pm

hi all
thanks nathan for your comment
and for the answer about feltham depot yes you are right feltham did have the biggest marshalling yards and unfortunatly all that remains is one tiny little spur whichis at one with the weeds so im basing my layout on what br could of replaced the marshalling yards with a big tmd
many thanks
laira depot aka peter

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”