Cwm Lydia Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Pedanticmongrel

Re: Pedanticmongrel's New O Gauge Layout

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 am

I keep playing trains when I should be continueing construction! Here is a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYoPRqziwNs
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 am

Wow, that music.... great choice :P

Very nice, even the little 0-6-0 looks nice going round even without being painted. Have you got a trackplan? :)

Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

kennyGWSR

Postby kennyGWSR » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 am

Stewart Gethin wrote:Wow, that music.... great choice :P

Very nice, even the little 0-6-0 looks nice going round even without being painted. Have you got a trackplan? :)

Stew.

i had live footage yesterday :D loved seeing 1361 running.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

ceejaydee

Postby ceejaydee » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 am

Enjoyable video - I like your 'magic' 3-links :lol:

....but isn't playing trains what it is ultimately all about?
Regards
Christopher D.

Mighty

Postby Mighty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 am

Looking good Dan, but your shunting needs a bit of work. That shunt into the low loader would have smashed the buffers :lol:

Keep up the good work.

Chris
"We've shot off over a million cannon shells, and what's the result? One dachschund with a slight limp." - Blackadder

My layout thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20737

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:Wow, that music.... great choice :P

Stew.

I spent about an hour trying to find a piece of music in my collection that fit the video and in the end settled on that piece. I shall do a trackplan once I have finished laying the track, I don't want to draw one then find that it won't fit.

ceejaydee wrote:Enjoyable video - I like your 'magic' 3-links :lol:

....but isn't playing trains what it is ultimately all about?

Very true it is, but it could be alot more fun playing trains if I had got on and done some more construction work first.

Mighty wrote:Looking good Dan, but your shunting needs a bit of work. That shunt into the low loader would have smashed the buffers :lol:

Keep up the good work.

Chris

I have an excuse for that, the combination of not having DCC yet and the point frogs not being wired yet means that locos are prone to stalling on pointwork, particularly at low speed and particularly the 1361 as it has such a short wheelbase. :wink:

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Sounds to me needs its pickups on the wheels adjusting if its stalling, done it to all locos i own and they have no problem after tweeks.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 pm

mattmay05 wrote:Sounds to me needs its pickups on the wheels adjusting if its stalling, done it to all locos i own and they have no problem after tweeks.

the combination of not having DCC yet and the point frogs not being wired yet means that locos are prone to stalling on pointwork, particularly at low speed and particularly the 1361 as it has such a short wheelbase.

I have just copied the explaination for the stalling and highlighted the main factor in case you didn't read it above, in future you should read before you comment. Plus how do you adjust large head plunger pick-ups? Do any of your locos even have plunger pick ups Matt?

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Well you also mentioned short wheel base so could be the combination and yes indeed they do thanks for taking an interest insomething other than yourself for once. :D

kennyGWSR

Postby kennyGWSR » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 pm

mattmay05 wrote:Well you also mentioned short wheel base so could be the combination and yes indeed they do thanks for taking an interest insomething other than yourself for once. :D

ouch, thats gotta hurt. but before this gets out of hand, i think it shouldnt go any further.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 pm

mattmay05 wrote:Well you also mentioned short wheel base so could be the combination and yes indeed they do thanks for taking an interest insomething other than yourself for once. :D

because the short wheel base is shorter than the points frog, and is that because I haven't commented on your thread for a while, well forgive me if I'm wrong but the last time I said something constructively critical about your layout I was met with "if you don't like it don't look at it" so i decided making comment there would be a waste of time, and besides Matt, you told me you weren't interested in O gauge because "it's not what you know and you're only interested in what you know"

kennyGWSR wrote:ouch, thats gotta hurt. but before this gets out of hand, i think it shouldnt go any further.

Kenny, have you ever heard of "sitting on the fence" ? I'd suggest thats what you'd have done.

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

I think Kenny is perfectly entitled to write what ever the hell he likes its not a dictatorship your running Dan freedom of speach i think. Indeed i used to have O gauge back in 2004 when i had collected the track and a few other bits of stock before selling it in the back end of 2005 there for securing £300 before starting my OO gauge layout, shows how much you know about me.

My comment was in aid you, but if the wheel base is longer than the frog sady i dont have a loco and the point then i wouldnt know this.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

mattmay05 wrote:I think Kenny is perfectly entitled to write what ever the hell he likes its not a dictatorship your running Dan freedom of speach i think. Indeed i used to have O gauge back in 2004 when i had collected the track and a few other bits of stock before selling it in the back end of 2005 there for securing £300 before starting my OO gauge layout, shows how much you know about me.

My comment was in aid you, but if the wheel base is longer than the frog sady i dont have a loco and the point then i wouldnt know this.

It was more advice to kenny than anything because when you want to you become the catalyst for some really bitter rows on here, it's bad enough when you're being difficult on your own thread without coming onto other peoples and doing all the things that wind you up on yours.
As for the stalling problem i had already explained why it was happening and to which locomotive this had the most effect upon and the reason why, so your inability to read/interpret my explaination was no different to you getting people on your thread asking things which were already stated in previous posts, put simply, I thought I'd respond how you do on your thread so you can see what it like from the opposite perspective
Indeed I didn't know you had O gauge before, I can add that to the list of things I know about right after 'owns a 4mt tank with scottish numbers' and 'told me a few weeks ago that he had no interest in O gauge whatsoever'. Then again if you're not interested then why are you even looking? 'If you don't like it you don't have to look' isn't that how the saying goes? :P

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

indeed you don't know me at all, and yes i have a std 4 with bigger numbers... due to the fact they were the smallest on the sheet which was a Manufacturing error which i told you about, yet you made a big scene out of it hence why i wasn't entirely happy.
I think its my inalienable right to run my topic thread how i like as it is with everyone else.
I think i have pleanty of abilty to read and understand what is written on this forum, obviously you dont. you obviously don't like what i have to say.... mainly because i maybe stating fact like you usually do? and don't give a hoot to who your insulting and how that person feels, I know you have been doing this also recently and in the past about my work.
Why am i even looking well... lets see.... its a forum? its free to browse what ever topic or section i choose... and if you really like you can put a comment in.... if you know how to do that instead of cconcertrating on all things you? thats how a forum works? Or maybe not in your world.

feel free to respond just like me...because your not me and you don't know me... so you can't respond or act like me.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:39 am

mattmay05 wrote:indeed you don't know me at all, and yes i have a std 4 with bigger numbers... due to the fact they were the smallest on the sheet which was a Manufacturing error which i told you about, yet you made a big scene out of it hence why i wasn't entirely happy.
I think its my inalienable right to run my topic thread how i like as it is with everyone else.
I think i have pleanty of abilty to read and understand what is written on this forum, obviously you dont. you obviously don't like what i have to say.... mainly because i maybe stating fact like you usually do? and don't give a hoot to who your insulting and how that person feels, I know you have been doing this also recently and in the past about my work.
Why am i even looking well... lets see.... its a forum? its free to browse what ever topic or section i choose... and if you really like you can put a comment in.... if you know how to do that instead of cconcertrating on all things you? thats how a forum works? Or maybe not in your world.

feel free to respond just like me...because your not me and you don't know me... so you can't respond or act like me.

You know what, life's too short for this, I haven't got time to play your games, but I will, as you have made it plainly obvious that it is bothering you, go and comment on some other threads maybe even yours if I can think of anything constructive to say about it that hasn't already been said by someone else.

And now I'd like to keep this thread about my layout, Matt if you wish to have a spat with me, message me on msn or facebook.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”