Edgware GN,

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Ex-Pat

Re: Edgware GN,

Postby Ex-Pat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 am

The second photo is fascinating - just love the way the K3 dominates the scene (for me at least).

I do however sense impending disaster, with the signal "off" and the points not set for it!

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Great stuff manna, did you scratch build the somersault signal or was it a kit? Either way it's very effective, I need to make a few I think.

Coops
Derby Friargate GN

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 pm

I know nothing on signals or the process of signaling but I have just read an article on the local station I am modeling and have gleaned that these somersault signals were a favoured choice on the line. Like Coops, I'll be interested in your modelled pieces.

Paul

manna

Postby manna » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 am

G'Day Gents

The Somersault signals are scratchbuilt, and are about 35 years old, they are all brass (except the post) Here's a couple more, if you download them and then enlarge them you'll get a better view, they are very small. And non working, one day I might get round to building some new ones that work (finger powered !) I think I tried once before with plastic arms and a pin as a pivot but they were very weak, back then (1982) I didn't have any drill bits that small.

Next job is to finish the Small Atlantic, I have to hook up the tender drive, to the loco and wire it up (not my strong point) I working on it at the moment.

manna
Attachments
Somersault sigs.jpg
Somersault signals.jpg
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

manna

Postby manna » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:42 pm

G'Day Gents

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from Down Under.

Not quite a Xmas day on the beach, but a warm lakeside view, about 30c today.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3047.JPG
Lake Bonny SA.

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:28 am

Merry Christmas to you too. You have done well just to model them as static models, those signals. They are the type of signal that in daylight a driver has no excuse as to what aspect the signal is showing.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Those signals look brill, I brought some ratio lner signals but I will have to research if any existed in my time period at Derby GN. I knower there were a few dotted around. Great stuff

Coops
Derby Friargate GN

manna

Postby manna » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 am

G'Day Gents

Time marches on when your having fun, have hardly touched a loco, except to run it on the layout, the main job at the moment is scenery, I won't say I'm screaming along, plodding, would be more accurate, the temps here have not been to conducive to a lot of shed work, into the 40c's, so and hour or so in the morning, then retreat inside.....to play on the PS4, which is not helping productivity. Enough of this drivel. Here's some pics of the progress made.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3063.JPG
DSCF3055.JPG
DSCF3054.JPG
DSCF3053.JPG

manna

Postby manna » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 am

G'Day Gents

More progress, a long fence has been installed along side Mill Hill goods yard, (you can just see it in the last photo, in yesterdays post) since then a foot path has been made behind the fence, and a couple of trees build/made and installed behind said fence.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3083.JPG
DSCF3080.JPG
DSCF3076.JPG
DSCF3074.JPG

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm

I like the fencing - it looks very natural.

What's the the brown material in yesterday's post? - (couldn't decide whether it was a wig or a dog's fur!) Are you going to colour it?

manna

Postby manna » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 pm

G'Day Gents

The 'Brown dog fur' is Teddy Bear fur, but a bit darker, if you look at the dark green coarse green nearer the bridge, that's how it will end up, I trim it back as it's to long, the dry brush it green, I will when I get round to it Zap it with one of those electric grass applicators, (that's been sitting in it's box for years) waiting for me to get round to it.

manna

manna

Postby manna » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 am

G'Day Gents

Back again, another update on the footpath and general area, started to install a couple of signal, some of the LNER type upper quadrants will be replaced by GN somersaults, which is something I'm working on at the moment. It's far to hot to go out to the shed even though it's fitted with Air Con, yesterday it was in the mid 40c's and today it won't be much different.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3086.JPG
DSCF3087.JPG
DSCF3088.JPG
DSCF3089.JPG
Ultra modern locomotive

manna

Postby manna » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:08 pm

G'Day Gents

Got Bored doing scenery, so I've started another loco, one I haven't got, I had a chassis left over from the C2 Atlantic and the running plate, so with a bit of modification (and a saw) we have a E1...........Eh what, never heard of it !! it was a GNR 2-4-0, used mainly as a early mixed traffic loco, a kind of Victorian Black five or B1. Had about 12 hours on it so far, again some very hot weather, forced me indoors again. Piccy time.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3092.JPG
DSCF3093.JPG
DSCF3096.JPG
DSCF3098.JPG

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 pm

I do enjoy watching your loco builds coming together, so pleased to see another one is on the workbench!
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

manna

Postby manna » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:06 am

G'Day Gents

A bit more done on the E1, splashers made and fitted and one cab cutout done.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3105.JPG

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”