Edgware GN,

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mumbles

Re: Edgware GN, Now building a C1 Atlantic

Postby mumbles » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 am

Great photos. The layout has a lovely flow to it

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Great to see some layout pictures, ballasting looks good, and I like the look of the sand ballast as well. I was looking at trying some black sand to see how that goes. I do enjoy your loco builds but like seeing them on the layout even more. :D

I look forward to more,

Coops
Derby Friargate GN

manna

Postby manna » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 am

G'day Gents

Thank you for the replies, I sometimes forget I have a layout out in the shed, I spend far to much time on the workbench, hacking and cutting, so it was quite nice to do a bit of ballasting, even if I did get a nudge a year ago........was it that long ago :shock: so I'm going to spend a bit more time outside this summer, and finish the ballasting and get a lot more scenery done, I have a lot of sand left, so the goods yards need to be finished.

But I can't leave loco's alone, here's another one I started last week, this has nothing to do with the LNER, some of these loco's worked at Willesden and Kentish Town, is that a clue, Take a Fowler 2-6-4 tank engine, cut the back of the chassis off to make a 2-6-0, grab a handy Stanier 8f loco body ( mine was a spare tender drive body, pick up from E-Bay for a Quid) and hack out the underside of the body, a tiny bit of work is required on the chassis, the whole lot only took 30 minutes, it'll take a bit longer to finish it, and a tender was picked up today from E-Bay for it, Oh, what is it. a Stanier 2-6-0, just like the one Bachmann have just released, but this one has cost me less than 30 quid.

manna
Attachments
DSCF2995.JPG
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

manna

Re: Edgware GN,

Postby manna » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

G'Day Gents

More ballasting, down to the last 6', Mill Hills goods yard has been ballasted in sand, so it's going well, Pics of that in the middle of next week.

The two J3's have now had there numbers fixed, there only 9 digits difference but there very different, so more tenders to build.

Away in the caravan 'till Monday, so the last bit of ballasting will have to wait until than.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3010.JPG
DSCF3009.JPG

manna

Postby manna » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:37 pm

G'Day Gents.

Ben a while since I posted. I've been ballasting (still) almost finished, just a bit to go in the goods yard at Edgware, and six feet of scenery, (cutting sides) have been constructed and covered with kitchen towel, now it's time to get messy with plaster, but more of that when it's done.

As a blast from the past, I have now almost, finished the Sentinal steam railcar, it's been wired up (that was head scratching, for me) and the underside has had it water tank, battery box and engine (six cylinder steam engine) another coat of green paint and name all fitted, the only thing left to do, is make the very distinctive steps, time to crank up the soldering iron.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3026.JPG
DSCF3025.JPG

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Well worth the wait for the Sentinel - the livery really makes it stand out.

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 pm

The Sentinal steam railcar looks the business 8) I look forward to seeing your scenic progress.

Cheers

Coops
Derby Friargate GN

GeraldH

Postby GeraldH » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:36 pm

manna wrote:But I can't leave loco's alone, here's another one I started last week, this has nothing to do with the LNER, some of these loco's worked at Willesden and Kentish Town, is that a clue, Take a Fowler 2-6-4 tank engine, cut the back of the chassis off to make a 2-6-0, grab a handy Stanier 8f loco body ( mine was a spare tender drive body, pick up from E-Bay for a Quid) and hack out the underside of the body, a tiny bit of work is required on the chassis, the whole lot only took 30 minutes, it'll take a bit longer to finish it, and a tender was picked up today from E-Bay for it, Oh, what is it. a Stanier 2-6-0, just like the one Bachmann have just released, but this one has cost me less than 30 quid.manna

I do like that. It's giving me ideas :) .
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854

manna

Postby manna » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

G'day Gents

Thanks for the replies, and glad to hear I've inspired someone (GeraldH).

I've been doing a bit of scenery, along side 'The Hales' goods yard, being 'open plan' it's easy to reach, see what you think.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3035.JPG
DSCF3031.JPG
DSCF3028.JPG
DSCF3027.JPG

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 am

Terrific job on the Sentinel, first class workmanship, layout is coming on a treat too.

JIm
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

manna

Postby manna » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 am

G'Day Gents

Thank you LuckyMB. Got a few more pics. Enjoy.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3036.JPG
DSCF3034.JPG
DSCF3032.JPG
DSCF3029.JPG

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:54 am

If you don't look twice, it looks like its been snowing on that bridge :lol: Coming along nicely :D
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

manna

Postby manna » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:11 am

G'Day Gents

As a matter of fact it has :shock: I've reused a overbridge from my Mill Hill snow layout, but I haven't got around to scraping the snow off. I will be getting to that bit shortly.

manna viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42816#p524464

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 am

Love the Sentinel, What next ?
Funny I spend ages on wagons, but not locos.
I wonder which is the most addictive ?

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:50 am

I don't comment enough on your work Manna. Love the work on the locos and the scenery is coming together great too. I particularly like that bridge in the corner.

Paul

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”