Edgware GN, New loco's

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
glencairn

Re: Edgware GN,

Post by glencairn »

manna is that good I think his private message box is 'full of orders'. :lol:

Well done, manna.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

Excellent job as usual.

I see from the last 2 photos that the driving wheels have now been aligned - coupling rods imminent perhaps?
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

glencairn wrote:manna is that good I think his private message box is 'full of orders'. :lol:

Well done, manna.

Glencairn
The work is amazing. You can soon fund your hobby %100 on scratch building manna. :lol:
Bout 6 years ago I remember a scratch build oo gauge 'coc k o the north, coming up for sale on ebay. I desperately wanted that but couldnt afford the from memory $700ish (aussie dollars) price tag it sold for. Even though it was unique at the time that will buy 2 RTR locos from a hobby shop here. Wasnt I over the moon when hornby released theirs with sound. Shes sitting neatly away in a box waiting to stretch her legs.
Just for a challenge id love to take some of what Ive learnt here and give heavily modifying or scratch building an engine a go one day soon.
manna

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Thanks for the replies

Believe it or not, I have only ever received 8 PM's since I joined NRM.

Yes , coupling rods coming soon, but I'll get the other side of the cab done first.

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Nothing happening with the C1/B1, seem to have lost my mojo, at the moment :( but it'll come back. I've bought two new loco's from Hatton's, a big sale on, and at reasonable prices, so a Bachmann O4 and a Heljan O2, are now trundling around Edgware, one's on BR(W) livery the other in early BR, both will be backdated to LNER.

For a bit of an experiment, I've put up a board with a couple of prints of large Victorian/Edwardian (maybe later) building, there is a large building overlooking the station, comments always accepted, is it to big/small/out of contex.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Hornby better reveal something I want this year, Jan 7th is looming.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3594.JPG
DSCF3592.JPG
DSCF3591.JPG
DSCF3590.JPG
manna

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Not enough room on the last post, so here's some more.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3580.JPG
DSCF3577.JPG
DSCF3574.JPG
DSCF3570.JPG
Chops

Post by Chops »

:o ooh, ah
Nessie rocks!
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Lovely pics manna. I think the building in place as demonstrated would be perfect!... just need to make it a reality :wink:
manna

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Thank you for the comments, It's going to become reality, bit to Hot at the moment, 115 F in the shed the other day, so only bits being done in the house.

Just beyond the bufferstops at Edgware a building was erected in the late 20's when about 75 yards of the branch was sold of to developers. This is what I've been building for the last few days.

manna
Attachments
Mid 1930's
Mid 1930's
Edgware%20back%20of%20COOP.jpg (51.74 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
DSCF3601.JPG
DSCF3602.JPG
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Well thats starting to look the part!
Yes I was sorry to hear about you boys in the lower states. We were only 30 odd deg here in Brisbane but we are on 70% humidity. Still hot enough though to stay in the aircon as much as possible.... We as a people in Aus have gotten soft haha :lol:
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

manna wrote:
Just beyond the bufferstops at Edgware a building was erected in the late 20's when about 75 yards of the branch was sold of to developers.
Very interesting photo of the "bufferstops" - they seem to be brick columns - were there conventional bufferstops before the sell-off I wonder?
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Excellent stuff Manna, looking really good

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thanks for the comments, ExPat, I've never been able to find a pic of the original buffer stops, probably because film was expensive and it was 'Only' a pair of buffer stops, the later stops, were large lumps of concrete,

Here's a photo from the air, showing most of the station and goods yard, but minus, the buffer stops, I still have a few buildings to go.

At the other end of the layout, I've started to build the platforms for Mill Hill 'the Hale'.

manna
Attachments
Edgware sky view.jpg
DSCF3552.JPG
DSCF3553.JPG
DSCF3555.JPG
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I have over the past year managed to pick up three 'Schools' class tender drives, these at the moment being modified in to GNR design tenders, they are a fraction long, but serve there purpose, i the lower sides have been ground off, plastic card taking it's place, white metal axleboxes being glued into the appropriate places, new bodies are then built. ( I might try and use a schools type base, and just replacing the coal space) we'll see. This is were I'm at, at the moment.

No work has even been contemplated in the shed/layout at the present, after temps in the region of a 130F, were seen on the Thermometer 'IN' the shed, outside temps in the region of 47C, needless to say, very little of 'Anything' has been attempted.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3609.JPG
DSCF3612.JPG
DSCF3611.JPG
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

As inventive as ever - have you decided what they are going to pair yet?
Last edited by Ex-Pat on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.