Edgware GN,

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
manna

Re: Edgware GN,

Postby manna » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 am

G'Day Gents.

Just knocked up the booking hall ticket window, there won't be any more interior detail, as you won't be able to see it, but the booking hall, Just.

It's based on the booking hall at Cranley Gardens, On the Alexandria Palace branch, you can find a picture of it on the 'Disused Railway Station' site.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3711.JPG
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

manna

Postby manna » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:29 am

G'day Gents

At long last, Edgware station is finished, although, I'll probably find other stuff to do :roll: it has taken a while, started in 2012, IIRC.

It's not bedded in at the moment, that, hopefully will follow soon.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3720.JPG
DSCF3721.JPG
DSCF3722.JPG
DSCF3724.JPG
DSCF3725.JPG

BrightonMan

Postby BrightonMan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:21 am

Nicely done. Proper London grime :D

manna

Postby manna » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:24 pm

G'Day Gents

Thanks for the reply, funny old station, filthy dirty on one side, clean on the other.

manna

manna

Postby manna » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 am

G'Day Gents

Now that the station is finished, and my Mojo, is back, forward with the tender drives, the quickest to do is the D3, it was more than half finished, but I needed to finish off the inside of the cab, fit lamp irons and screw the body and chassis together, she's been running with a B17 tender for quite a while, so one of the tenders has been finished, paint, transfers and steps and a tank filler, altogether a couple of days work, now I have a nice little 4-4-0, that you don't see very often.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3732.JPG
DSCF3733.JPG
DSCF3734.JPG
DSCF3736.JPG

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:10 am

A cracking job with that station manna.
7 years of planning sticking, taking apart and sticking again.
Who said railway modelling is expensive ? Spread over 12 years
it doesn't come out too bad - Golf would have cost a lot more !!

Any chance you'll add a fall plate ? That full side on view shows the
gap in all it's gory glory.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

manna

Postby manna » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am

G'day Gents

Thanks for the reply, yeah, I'll have to do something about that, bit of a chasm for the Fireman. :D

Cost of that station, would have been about 5 quid. :shock:

manna

Firefly16

Postby Firefly16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Brilliant, manna. The yard elevation in the second last photo is spot on - it captures the feel of the real thing perfectly. The road surface was very well done.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Excellent standard of workmanship, manna. Well done.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

manna

Postby manna » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:20 am

G'day Gents.

Thank you for the replies, I have to bed the station in, as the ground slopes away gently to the goods yard, I've left a bit extra on the bottom of the walls, that will be carefully cut off to bring the buildings to ground level.The road surface was done with a layer of neat PVA, brushed on, then 'Paving' sand sprinkled on and left to dry, after a clean up a brown/grey acrylic paint was applied.

I was going to get the J1 running, but it's fighting me all the way, so it was shunted onto a dead end siding and the C2 was dragged out, I had it running not long after I built it but it wasn't very good, so another tender drive was purchased, a new coupling was made and new wiring, it's a lot better now, I've had it running with ten coaches on, it didn't like 10, but it did take it around the layout a couple of times, it much prefers 5 and a couple of CCT's, which will be it's normal load, 3271, was withdrawn in 1937, so it only has a few weeks to live, but being Edgware that day will never come.

Back to the J1, it won't win.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3738.JPG
DSCF3739.JPG

manna

Postby manna » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:52 am

G'Day Gents

Had the J1 running, but it's a but stuttery, so I'll bring it back inside and threaten it with a large Hammer :o

In the meantime, having a go at another fairly quick project, I bought a a GBL class c 0-6-0 a couple of years back, with thought's of motorizing it one day, well that day has come, but I wanted the cab clear of a motor, and both of Hornby's versions of there Jinty chassis, have motors that take up a lot of room, I removed the wheels and motor from an older type 0-6-0 chassis, replacing the wheels with a more modern type and the motor with one of there small motors out of the 0-6-0, once it was running freely, the Class C was taken apart, which is handy, holes were cut underneath until it sat in a realistic manner, the chassis is pretty close. Tomorrow the tender, which is what I'm doing today.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3741.JPG
DSCF3745.JPG
DSCF3747.JPG
DSCF3744.JPG
DSCF3742.JPG

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:45 pm

Awesome work manna! Some of us get busy for a couple of months and you manage to create a couple of engines, complete a heap of scenery and finalise your station ( which looks amazing by the way). Always a pleasure visiting Edgware.

manna

Postby manna » Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 am

G'Day Gents

Thanks for the comment JoshV8. New update, a bit of work on the B1, a tender from GBL, has been acquired, and made into a runner, bit pushed for time at the moment, so I'll leave it, on how I made the tender chassis for another day, if that's alright with you.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3758.JPG

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Sun May 05, 2019 9:19 am

Great finish, the lining looks great!

Coops
Derby Friargate GN

manna

Postby manna » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:52 am

G'Day Gents

Thank you coops for the reply.

The R1, is coming along slowly, beading around the tanks, splashers and buffers.

A LNER Brake third has been acquired, for the Princely sum of $10, but has required new bogies, new 'Glass' as it was covered in brown paint, and has been 'Teaked', I also had another in BR Crimson, which has also been teaked, I now enough suburban coaches to form two six car sets ( At last)

The D2, that I built quite a few years ago, that was in Green, has been painted Black, it was always going to be Black, but I didn't have any Yellow numbers, only Gold, so it got painted green, there's a pic below, but with the wrong tender, I have started on a new GN tender for it.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3785.JPG
DSCF3788.JPG
DSCF3789.JPG
D2, now in Black..jpg

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”