Rhydypennau By Stewart Gethin.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Stewart Gethin

Re: My layout. First ever attempt at modelling anything.

Postby Stewart Gethin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Its just a VERY small update, i've started working on the long straight gradient, i'm trying to create a cliff behind it. pics will follow, lack of updates this week as i have been working all week to help get my friend G scale garden railway up and running for his open day (today) with that all over and done with i'm hoping to push on with my layout.

I thought i'd "treat" myself to 3 of these kit kat vans off ebay, they were £11.50 for them never been out of the box. (inc postage) so i bought them :P why not?
I thought i could use 1 of these vans or another van off my layout to try myself at painting or using the chassis to scratch make a wagon or something as they were quite cheap i thought they suited it. but i just liked the "kit kat" livery on them :P doesnt quite fit in with my layout but hey hey. perhaps a special, with all my other special vans. (picture below)

Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Some Pictures, (doh, i hear you say)

I recon this shot is quite cool :P its looking up the straight side of the incline towards the top.
This shot shows some experimenting with polystyrene. seeing if i can get a decent affect without having to papier-maché it.
Thanks all, Feedback welcome as always :) (no news on my kit kat wagons yet :(, hoping to buy a class 47, University of leicester in br blue soon )
Stew

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:Some Pictures, (doh, i hear you say)

:(, hoping to buy a class 47, University of leicester in br blue soon )
Stew

Nice weathering on the wagon, did you do it? So you went ahead with the inferior strumming devise rather than the best loco's ever built. :wink: Only joking :lol:
Last edited by 50035 Ark Royal on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

kennyGWSR

Postby kennyGWSR » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 pm

ian PLEASE delete some of the photos if your quoting it!!! it just makes your comment too long otherwise. or just dont quote it.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 pm

kennyGWSR wrote:ian PLEASE delete some of the photos if your quoting it!!! it just makes your comment too long otherwise. or just dont quote it.

Yeagh Kenny i did that by mistake meant to just reply, got a fetish i think about the quote button :lol:Now corrected there is no photos.

bigbob

Postby bigbob » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:19 pm

I`ve asked on 4 threads for him to stop quoting but can`t read!
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:36 pm

If you look i edited the post i use the quote button because i was told of by someone for not using it jeez cant do right for wrong :roll:

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 am

50035 Ark Royal wrote:If you look i edited the post i use the quote button because i was told of by someone for not using it jeez cant do right for wrong :roll:

OOPS!??!?!? i pressed the quote button. I'm going to die....

Tehe ark royal. of course i went for it :P nah, i was thinking about buying yours but then people started bidding. so i knew i could never get it :P

Yes that weathering is done by me. not sure about it though. perhaps it could do with some more added.

Stew

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:
50035 Ark Royal wrote:If you look i edited the post i use the quote button because i was told of by someone for not using it jeez cant do right for wrong :roll:

Tehe ark royal. of course i went for it :P nah, i was thinking about buying yours but then people started bidding. so i knew i could never get it :P

Yes that weathering is done by me. not sure about it though. perhaps it could do with some more added.

Stew

Hi Stew no i would leave it as it is very good, might send you my Vac's :lol: You should have bid Superb only went for £36 and i bought Revenge last night for £37 so ebay good for buying but not for selling at the momemt.
cheers
Ian
Ps loved your comment about the quote button it made me laugh :lol:

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:
Stewart Gethin wrote:

Stew

Hi Stew no i would leave it as it is very good, might send you my Vac's :lol: You should have bid Superb only went for £36 and i bought Revenge last night for £37 so ebay good for buying but not for selling at the momemt.
cheers
Ian
Ps loved your comment about the quote button it made me laugh :lol:

Oops, not again.... i really must stop ;) yeah i noticed that ebay is quite bad for selling at the moment as when i bought the 3 kit kat wagons, they were limited edition(?) in 1981, and they were boxed, never been out. and 3 of them went for £11.50.

Send me some of you vacs, and i will have a much cleaner house xD. i don't think this layout fits in with NSE livery though. as i'm going to possibly cut the top off the hill and put a quarry there. with small road going down to the railway line. then over to the chute thing. (still in my head,but i've probably got the stuff to do it. (my dad is putting a bathroom in for my auntie so he has got loads of left over polystyrene i can use. )

Thanks for your comments.

Stew

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote: so he has got loads of left over polystyrene i can use. )

Jammy git!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 pm

iankemp wrote:
Stewart Gethin wrote: so he has got loads of left over polystyrene i can use. )

Jammy git!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P, By the way guys, just had a change of mind. instead of having the mountain as it is. i'm going to make it a little bit taller and flatten it out etc, to try turn it into a quarry :P using up some of the polystyrene, i just have got too much now ;) (yes, ian, i'll rub it some more ;)) So hopefully on the next update i will have some pictures of it. well, i doubt i'll get any update for about a fortnight as i'm going up to scotland on sunday.

Stew

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Right this update is no biggy. As you know, i've bought 3 kit kat wagons, and Ark royal, i never went for the class 47, i ended up going to a exhibition in Corris (wales) and bought a 2 car dmu, i thinks its a 110. not that detailed on the cab ends, but runs superbly well. can handle my incline fine. and only bought for £30, so not that bad again. i think its great. i was tempted to go for the Arriva trains wales (hornby or bachmann) but really couldnt afford £65+ for it. + i think old fashioned looks nicer tbh.

I've started ripping up my mountain, to see if i can improve on it a little bit. but work has stalled atm, as i'm just too busy playing trains and doing blasted homework..... yes its that end of summer holidays feeling.... Also me and my grandad have got a little project on in the garden to improve our garden railway, (5" gauge) in the end its going to have a tunnel :O looks pretty impressive atm, but its not finished. so we'll see. perhaps i'll create a post for that in the model railway photo's section.

Well, thats all for now folks. Thanks, Stew.

bigbob

Postby bigbob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:Some Pictures, (doh, i hear you say)

I recon this shot is quite cool :P its looking up the straight side of the incline towards the top.
This shot shows some experimenting with polystyrene. seeing if i can get a decent affect without having to papier-maché it.
Thanks all, Feedback welcome as always :) (no news on my kit kat wagons yet :(, hoping to buy a class 47, University of leicester in br blue soon )
Stew

Good start and the quote button is fun, you were right, must make more use of it :roll:
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Stew glad u never went for the strumming devise and a DMU is miles better tbh so i approve.
Can we have some pics of the DMU please and will you be getting a 50 or a 47?
Ian

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”