Rhydypennau By Stewart Gethin.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
kennyGWSR

Re: My layout. First ever attempt at modelling anything.

Postby kennyGWSR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Stew do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in :wink: .Seriously mate when i started i had 1 duff, now ive got several 50;s one with sound and a dmu.I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it.
cheers
Ian

Pedanticmongrel wrote:Hi Ian do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in :wink: .Seriously mate when i started i had several 50;s one with sound and a dmu, now I have decent trains and no 'midland region reject boxes', I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it.
cheers
Dan

tom92240 wrote:Hi Dan do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in .Seriously mate when i started i had several 50;s one with sound and a dmu, now I have decent proper Southern Region trains, I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it. :D :D
cheers
Tom

so what if ark royal is one of the biggest 50 fans out, no need to take the mickey so much. they are just trains for god sake. its his choice, like its your choice to go for those robinson O4s (dan) and southern region stuff (tom). it is also stewards choice on what he gets. yes people can give ideas to him but dont expect him to follow them.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 am

kennyGWSR wrote:so what if ark royal is one of the biggest 50 fans out, no need to take the mickey so much. they are just trains for god sake. its his choice, like its your choice to go for those robinson O4s (dan) and southern region stuff (tom). it is also stewards choice on what he gets. yes people can give ideas to him but dont expect him to follow them.

Was just a joke for god sake! and I don't like O4's, stupid LNER desicration of the lovely GCR 8K :P
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 am

Pedanticmongrel wrote:
kennyGWSR wrote:so what if ark royal is one of the biggest 50 fans out, no need to take the mickey so much. they are just trains for god sake. its his choice, like its your choice to go for those robinson O4s (dan) and southern region stuff (tom). it is also stewards choice on what he gets. yes people can give ideas to him but dont expect him to follow them.

Was just a joke for god sake! and I don't like O4's, stupid LNER desicration of the lovely GCR 8K :P

Oi! If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say it at all, Dan. And Kenny, it was just some friendly banter, relax!
Why do I feel as though there is a contradiction in that sentence...
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 am

kennyGWSR wrote:Hi Stew do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in .Seriously mate when i started i had 1 duff, now ive got several 50;s one with sound and a dmu.I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it.
cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian, and by the way all of you that don't like class 50's i quite like them. specially with the plows on front. they look beast then. Yeah, all the loco's i've got except the class 08 diesel i have got on birthdays, christmas :P
anyway, nothing much will be going on this week as i'm working on a friends garden G gauge layout, Its in llandre, ceredigion, wales. And there is an open day on sunday. just thought i'd say it. if there is any G gauge fans that live locally.

Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 am

PeterH wrote:Oi! If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say it at all, Dan. And Kenny, it was just some friendly banter, relax!
Why do I feel as though there is a contradiction in that sentence...

Agree with your sentiments entirely.
Live and let Live
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:55 am

Stewart Gethin wrote:
kennyGWSR wrote:Hi Stew do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in .Seriously mate when i started i had 1 duff, now ive got several 50;s one with sound and a dmu.I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it.
cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian, and by the way all of you that don't like class 50's i quite like them. specially with the plows on front. they look beast then. Yeah, all the loco's i've got except the class 08 diesel i have got on birthdays, christmas :P
anyway, nothing much will be going on this week as i'm working on a friends garden G gauge layout, Its in llandre, ceredigion, wales. And there is an open day on sunday. just thought i'd say it. if there is any G gauge fans that live locally.

Stew.

Hi Stew thanks, nice to know a young lad with taste 8), yes the 50's do in deed look hellfire with ploughs and i have one in my fleet 50024 Vanguard now gone R.I.P :cry: A very special loco to me because of personal reasons.
I shall be watching your layout with interest as to what direction you take it as it is your decision what you like and want to run.
Regarding Mallard why is the number wrong? Sorry i know nothing about steam train's
cheers
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 pm

[/quote]
Hi Stew thanks, nice to know a young lad with taste 8), yes the 50's do in deed look hellfire with ploughs and i have one in my fleet 50024 Vanguard now gone R.I.P :cry: A very special loco to me because of personal reasons.
I shall be watching your layout with interest as to what direction you take it as it is your decision what you like and want to run.
Regarding Mallard why is the number wrong? Sorry i know nothing about steam train's
cheers
Ian[/quote]

The number is wrong because the name of the loco "mallard" is on the wrong numbered loco, i think :P i may be wrong, havent checked it myself but my cousin told me it was :P but never been bothered to check myself. will do asap though. :)

stew.

Pedanticmongrel

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:
The number is wrong because the name of the loco "mallard" is on the wrong numbered loco, i think :P i may be wrong, havent checked it myself but my cousin told me it was :P but never been bothered to check myself. will do asap though. :)

stew.

the number is correct for the livery it is in. :)
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Is it? :P still havent looked it up, but thanks for that :P feel like a right doofus now.

Stew

tom92240

Postby tom92240 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:09 pm

kennyGWSR wrote:[
so what if ark royal is one of the biggest 50 fans out, no need to take the mickey so much. they are just trains for god sake. its his choice, like its your choice to go for those robinson O4s (dan) and southern region stuff (tom). it is also stewards choice on what he gets. yes people can give ideas to him but dont expect him to follow them.

Stewart*

:D

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:12 pm

tom92240 wrote:

Stewart*

Tehehe ;) i was going to nitpick but i didnt :P Anyone got anything wrong with the bachmann class 47 loco? i'm looking to buy one.

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Stewart Gethin wrote:
tom92240 wrote:

Stewart*

Tehehe ;) i was going to nitpick but i didnt :P Anyone got anything wrong with the bachmann class 47 loco? i'm looking to buy one.

A lovely loco indeed! I've not long had a two-tone BR green 47 for my layout and it runs like a charm.

Stu.
ImageImage

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:13 pm

I like what you're doing with this layout, getting stuck in and the overall pictures are great, nice layout. i like the stock you have, my clubs 00 layout has odds ands that have been donated over the years, most recently a group of 47's and a 37 which will be going on the kids club layout when that gets going. will be a little bit like yours there. and you've got* to love the Hornby 0-4-0 saddle tanks, smokey joe etc etc, i also like the variety of stock, cheerful, and great for a start and probably by the looks of them, some are highly collectable. top stuff, get stuck in chap! :wink: :D

Regards

Terrier

(this is not an invitation to argue that i am 'telling' anyone they have 'got' to love a specific model or class of loco :lol: :lol: )

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:23 am

Terrier wrote:I like what you're doing with this layout, getting stuck in and the overall pictures are great, nice layout. i like the stock you have, my clubs 00 layout has odds ands that have been donated over the years, most recently a group of 47's and a 37 which will be going on the kids club layout when that gets going. will be a little bit like yours there. and you've got* to love the Hornby 0-4-0 saddle tanks, smokey joe etc etc, i also like the variety of stock, cheerful, and great for a start and probably by the looks of them, some are highly collectable. top stuff, get stuck in chap! :wink: :D

Regards

Terrier

(this is not an invitation to argue that i am 'telling' anyone they have 'got' to love a specific model or class of loco :lol: :lol: )

Thanks for that :P as i said earlier, its people's nice comments that keep me going :P
Hehe, i do love my little saddle tank, but its a bit of a bugger due to lack of traction on it. specially on my layout with this incline. but yeah they do look kool :P

Stew.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:41 pm

tom92240 wrote:Hi Dan do not worry about your locos and rolling stock we all have to start somewhere and that is where Birthdays and Christmas comes in .Seriously mate when i started i had several 50;s one with sound and a dmu, now I have decent proper Southern Region trains, I think you need to decide what you realy like in the way of locos and rolling stock and go for it. :D :D
cheers
Tom

Some copy and pasting here i think :roll: :lol: :roll:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”