Inspiration Required!!! Feel Free to Pry

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:40 am

:D Nice vid Gav 8) .......has your wife got an older sister you'd be prepared to introduce me to :?: :wink: ........
And btw .........those old Hornby Princess's .......they're excellent runners and they take a smoke generator unit,theres a hole in the chassis to mount it to .........did you sort out the prob with the front bogie wheel breaking on it? ....I sorted mine by using superglue and spacing the wheels on the axles [I figer-ed out they was breaking 'cos they was'nt the correct guage]
Kind Regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Splendid production again mate

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Great vid Gav, seeing that Princess racing along brought back some good memories, i had one about 40 years ago.

Neil

FishBowlMan

Postby FishBowlMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Great video again Gav. Especially nice watching the rake of Teak coaches. I really must get mine into a working state,

John.
There is no room inside a box.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:33 pm

Great video, anymore of the wife :?: :wink:

Lofty

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:39 pm

westbrom wrote:............ seeing that Princess racing along brought back some good memories, i had one about 40 years ago.

Neil

I bought one last year from the Holmfirth MR Show,it cost me £15,it was like new but unboxed. I originally bought it just for the motor,but it was/is such a nice runner that I painted it BR Green [it was black plastic originally] .....I renumbered it [I'm intending practising painting "lining" on it when I get around to it] .........and I experimented/practised fitting a smoke generator to it [I wondered if these smoke gen. thingys melted the chimneys :? :roll: :lol: ,errr,they dont :wink: ] .....its made quite a nice engine,although the detailing is pretty poor .........still,theres an excuse to practice "superdetailing".
Regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Hi Everyone and thanks as usual for all the support......
Last edited by Spavo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:41 am

Hello mate

Just thought I'd say how damn fine the lines are on that Princess of yours. Could look at her for hours.

The engines were quite nice too :wink: . Hope your weekend was as enjoyable and productive as mine (I'll reveal all tomorrow when I do an overdue update! :) )

Cheers fella

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks Everyone,

Cheers BR, Aidan... I know!

Hey Terry, the front bogie wheels on those Princesses are a nightmare, I think I repaired mine with a very thin strip of black pvc tape and some super glue, seems to be working ok so far! They do seem to be very brittle though.

It's a lovely loco though and I do understand what a lot of the guys mean on here about the tender driven loco's, I have both types and I have to say that the engine mounted loco's just seem to have more......umph! weight, whatever you want to call it, just better.

Cheers Tim for your brilliant support from day one....

So basically I am just running the layout now but doing the ballasting on the extension at the same time, I can only do an hour at a time or my eyes go funny....the problem is that after seeing some fantastic ballasting on here lately I am making a real go of it, the new track looks great, much better than my 1st attempts so now I might start to pick off the old ballast and re-do which is mad but if time allows I will at least do the straight sections......

Pointwork though, what sadist made the little holes near the frog....how the hell you supposed to get ballast in there!

All the best guys and have a great week!

Gav.

Spavo

Last Big Update.......

Postby Spavo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

So my extension for the blue diesels and the MK II's is almost finished...I am well happy with it.....

Took an absolute age in doing the ballasting after taking great inspiration from one of the TMD layouts on here as the ballasting looked sooo good!

So here are the pics of the completed sidings.......

My next job on the layout will be to add a long loop on the back straight but need some advice 1st, will come to this another time.

Thanks Y'All

Gav.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:55 pm

looks ruddy great mate
just working on something for you :wink:
michael

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:55 pm

Lovely job all round Gav. Certainly seems to enhance the busyness of the station area. Loop down the back straight sounds like a good idea too.

Cheers mate

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

FishBowlMan

Postby FishBowlMan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Fantastic as usual. I love the bushes placed "randomly" within the ballasted areas. Really sets the sidings off nicely.

You seem to have amassed quite a collection of those odd-looking blue things as well.

Splendid work,

John.
There is no room inside a box.

joish

Postby joish » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 pm

...cool... :D

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:21 pm

Thanks very much,

I really enjoyed doing this portion of the layout and those blue things....hmmm, started with one and it was like, oh I just gotta have a '37 then oh and I just gotta have a......and so on!

I have stopped now though or i'd need wider board and more sidings and that is a NO! LOL!

Thanks guys,

Gav.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”