Inspiration Required!!! Feel Free to Pry

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:45 pm

Well done spav. It's really amazing what some track can do !! ;)
Seriously; coming along nicely now.

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Thanks guys,

Just into the ballasting now which isn't as bad as I 1st thought although in some places it looks like Stevie Wonder has done it......

Flying trains andrew......yes I must confess that when young and irresponsible I seem to remember a few "Train wars" with my brother, it was kind of like jousting but head on with the wagons 1st, we had a long piece of track each and a controller with them meeting just a little bit apart and the winner was who kept the most wheels on the track, my poor old Fine Fish ventilated van will never be the same....

Don't worry though, I'm sure it's not just the 2 of us that have had a malicious streak in the past, I blame it all on Thunderbirds, it made crashes and explosions so exciting......oh and Captain Scarlet but I always thought he was a bit camp....Virgil, big bugger off Thunderbird 2! Now there's a real man's man!

Over to you chaps, worst cases of wanton vandalism please....and you can start it "Well I knew this boy once who....." we won't ask or pry.....
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:20 pm

You really have made some good progress there, the ballasting will finish it of lovely :wink:

rmg1919

Postby rmg1919 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:41 pm

Just to say, I love the backscenes!

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:53 am

Thanks as ever...much appreciated,

Photo's will be going on my forum later today.....will be exciting as I have never done any serious "Modelling" before, just used to put the tracks down and run trains.....

Ballasting is finished, goods yard is complete and the engine shed done, when I say finished you know what I mean, kind of finished and then you look at it and go....."Oh what about if I just do this....." so never finished....

Tunnel portals are all in now but as yet no tunnels! Will be a few days, week or so before that is done, still waiting for a lot of the main station platforms to arrive but all coming along nicely. I know it will seem a bit "Train set" to the really experienced guys here but everyone has to start somewhere so set track, superquick buildings and stick on animals are what it's all about to me so far...that and sitting back with a smoke watching the trains go round......apologies to everyone for pinching their ideas but how else do you learn.......

Just another 4,671 mods to do and I can get the camera out.......lol!

Just a quick questions guys.......I have a hornby B12, off ebay, wheels are filthy, any ideas on cleaning them nice, abrasion? chemical? I don't know.....it still runs well due to the gaugemaster unit but would be even better if the wheels weren't filthy....

Oh and remember this.....

I just had to have it, I always thought that every steam layout should have a dirty old diesel around the place....and you were all right, yes it's noisy and yes it probably has the wrong yellow around the windows but I never knew that before someone told me on here...

Anyhow it cost me £13, runs like a dream, noisily.....and I am well pleased with it.....look forward to showing you photo's of it in it's new home later......

Cheers and photo posts later today....

Spav.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:20 pm

Heavens above, slow down, we can’t keep up with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lofty

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:47 pm

Sorry Lofty,

Wife was away for 2 days and one of those was a bank holiday out here....!!! Had a little time to myself......

Ta.

Spavo

photo update's.......

Postby Spavo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:19 pm

Hi all,

So straight into the old photo's then....

Northbound loops, signal box etc.....

Looking southbound, telegraph pole about to go over......

Southbound again......

Nice ballast.....zzzzzzzzz

Loco shed etc.....

You break 16 tons...waddya get.....

Rear of loco shed...

Pity you can't hear on photo's.....

Goods yard, erm, busy! Lack of a tunnel kinda ruins it....

Other end of missing tunnel

Rocky the bull just knew one day he'd get over those tracks to the honies.......

Opposite view....

Lift out door piece....

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy, of course I got a million other things to do but bit by bit, thoroughly enjoying myself....just look forward to the tunnelling now.....

Ta.

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:54 pm

Looking good Spavo, but please slow down. :lol:

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Whatnothomas

Postby Whatnothomas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:19 pm

great progress as usual, looks great.

At this rate you will going round and finishing of the rest of the members layouts by the end of the month ;)

Looking forward to the tunnel pics

Andrew

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:34 pm

blimey oh riley, you dont half hang about, the scenery really makes it. Well done

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:34 pm

wow that looks good :shock: , with the tunnel are you creating an open look? :lol: only joking , great pics :D

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:37 pm

Well atleast you dont have to turn the lights on to see in the tunnel :D

f1_mw

Postby f1_mw » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:41 pm

Do you have a track plan Spavo? Or have I missed it on this thread?
Chris M.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 pm

Ijdagger wrote:Well atleast you dont have to turn the lights on to see in the tunnel :D

I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel :!:

Then I realised it was the wife with a torch bringing me some more chores to do before I am allowed back on my layout :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lofty

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”