Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
fratton

Re: Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Postby fratton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm

I have taken advantage of the nice weather and a day off to spend some time in my shed,,,,,,

Have got the sidings in and the frieght loop now comes round the back of the board and is about 1 piece of flexi away from being complete (ran out :cry: )

And the over all view, starting to come together and theres less and less space for the tools and general building gumpth which means i need to get my under layout shelves fitted in,,,,

Now after some nice work in the shed and blisters on my hand from gardening, im sitting with an ice cold coke zero (im T total but im considering sneaking a half a shot of something in it) watching the sprinkler go back and forth over my over seeded lawn,,,,,,,

next update will hopefully be frieght loop finished and making progress on the inner loops and the yard,,,,,

Nathan20138

Postby Nathan20138 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 am

Looking good sir! Will you be ballasting the layout? If so I don't envy you in the slightest.
"Let all men who go to don armour tomorrow remember to go before they don armour tomorrow."

Brightside Lane TMD
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33379

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes I will be ballasting all but the bridge at the front and the approaching curves, I'm planning on using a tunnel one side as a scenic break and a concrete bridge the other,,,,

Luckily tho ballasting doesn't seem that much of a chore to me, not looking forward to painting the rails or fitting the 3rd rail tho,,,,,

Nathan20138

Postby Nathan20138 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:45 pm

You obviously have more patience than me. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the results and possibly the method as i shall be embarking upon my first ballasting attempt soon.

Good luck.

Nathan.
"Let all men who go to don armour tomorrow remember to go before they don armour tomorrow."

Brightside Lane TMD
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33379

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 pm

ive looked at a few methods and im going with a paper cup full of ballast a household painting brush and a small wide brush bung it on give it a spray of misty water with a drop of washing up liquid in it, then 50/50 pva and water with again a drop of washing up liquid,,,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Feel the burn,,,
wired fishplates time ready for the completion of the inner mainlines tomorrow or the weekend,,,,,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Trackplan change alert!!!!

Trackplan change alert!!!!

Have been out in the shed visualising the space for the small traction yard, looks like with a fiew changes to the points i have already and things should fit in a bit better,,,

i think this might be re-designed on the go then added to the track plan later on,

we shall see when i get a bash at it this weekend!

fratton

Postby fratton » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Something i'm working on, the sides are for a VEP but the underframe detailing is for a REP so its a freak hybrid,,,,,,,,,,,
its only an unpowered test effort to see what the finished thing will look like, slighlty above the fleabay ones you see that have no underframe detailing,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 pm

starting to come together,,,

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Looks good Fratton :)

How long did it take?

manna

Postby manna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 pm

G'Day Gents

Doesn't that look good, never realized that overlays could look that realistic, is it still unpowered !if so you can always add a 33/1 at one end and tow it around, Brilliant :D

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks for the kind replies guys, this project has been on the bench for a while now, it's just not been assembled,

I recieved the wrong parts from bhe for the underframe and they had no horns for the roof, I decided to wait and order them another time but had a spark of enthusiasm and thought I'd do it as a dry run ready to do a proper attempt, this one may get powered if I find a chassis that doesn't need too much bodging,

As for the vinyl sides all credit to Electra graphics,,

Need to get some horns and fit the pick up rails and my practice run will be done,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Ive now stripped the underframe detail off of that vep, i have been looking up pics and the rep details were far overkill, i have got more than enough parts to bodge a decent looking underframe so should hopefully get something looking vep like soon,,,,,

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi fratton,

I must say top work with the conversion it looks top dollar 8) 8)

Look forward to seeing further updates with this :wink:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

fratton

Postby fratton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 am

i have yet to sort the bogies and the horns but here we are my unpowered, (and thats how i've decided its staying 4-vep

may i just say the electra logo is there for credit for the vinals, on the backing paper they dont look much but they really do come alive once they are on, and for someone who has no painting accuracy like me they are perfect,,,,,
Last edited by fratton on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”