Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
manna

Re: Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Postby manna » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 am

G'Day Gents

Looking good :lol: must get yourself a 33/1 so you can tow your 'VEP' around, will save you putting the 3 rail down !!

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:08 am

StevieDay
Your station looks like it'll hold 6 or 7 carriages. It's good to see platforms that can hold a near full length train.[/quote]

im hoping its just right for an 8 carriage EMU i did it to roughly 8 mk3's just to be safe

[quote="manna wrote:
G'Day Gents

Looking good :lol: must get yourself a 33/1 so you can tow your 'VEP' around, will save you putting the 3 rail down !!

manna

I've decided to take the plundge and fit a third rail im split between buying from overseas (US) or joining the 2mm society so i can order some code 40 from their catalogue
but i have been toying with the idea of a 33/1 for my unmotorised vep but it will probably be towed by my 4-CIG that i am working on at the moment,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I have found a powered chassis for my 4-CIG project thats coming along nicely, it's a 150/1 chassis and is chipped for DCC ive fit my 4-VEP shel on it for now for testing for the fit etc and will source another chassis for my third EMU early next year,,, (even after the CEP is out)

Please ignore the music, windows movie maker rejected just about every file i have bar this and the rest of its album!

According to the email i just recieved this video is not availible in germany due to copyright issue with the music! still better than my darth vader impressions,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkNJlgqsujQ

fratton

Postby fratton » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

It's been a while since i posted any progress on milton yard so i thought i'd post a little catchup,,,,,

landscaping and ballasting are almost complete, scenery for the back of the layout aren't decided yet but the ideas are bubbling away, a third rail will be installed eventually i've cut up literally dozens of insulated rail joiners ready for mounting code 40 rail, plaenty of stockpiling scenery items such as security fence trees bushes etc, and plenty of static grassing going on, hope to have something looking quite scenic by the end of this summer, stock wise a few bits and bobs have been added but really i am waiting until i am more scenecly complete before properly populating the layout,,,,

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

That's looking rather good Fratton :)

All the photos are impressive - but I especially love the long sweep of the cutting with retaining heavy planking in the first picture, it really 'sets a scene' we can all half-recognise despite the fact there's obviously still much to do :)

manna

Postby manna » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 am

G'Day Gents

Well you have been a busy boy, What a difference, love the tail lamp on the Inter City coaches, and in 'N' to........

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

StevieDay

Postby StevieDay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

The new scenery looks great so far, really like the wooden retaining wall for the the cutting & the sweeping lines look great.

Nice piece of detailing by adding the lamp to the mkIII
Regards,
Steve

My Layout;- Rayne St, Fictional N-Gauge Layout viewtopic.php?t=30856

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”