Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
fratton

Re: Milton Yard (N) V 2.3 Resurection Page 5

Postby fratton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 am

my 08 hasnt managed to escape the workbench, a touch of muddying up, and soon the shell is coming off for a DCC conversion,,, which is exciting as its the first of my loco's to be done and it will be done inside the shell no chip taking up the cab!

fratton

Postby fratton » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Well i got into the shed today for another small movement of progress,

The yard lines are in and lined up with the shed doors

sheds in place and the view through the doors into the inspection pit,

Overview of the worked area,,,

413x

Postby 413x » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Nice sheds Fratton I have made the Peco engine sheds in 00 but mine aren't half as good as your in N well done. I havent read through all of the post on this thread :oops: so I am sorry if this has been asked before. My question is if you plan to have a station on this layout :wink: .

thanks
alex

fratton

Postby fratton » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Thankyou, now I've chosen the layout of them they will be getting some more modification, there is a station planned, I will be finishing off the track laying soon and wil start laying out the station,

The platform sides and station buildings will be scalescenes I've chosen the print to a4 sticker paper method so no glueing to card, once the last track is in I need to work on tidying up some and starting the landscaping and laying out the bridges etc,,,,,

Hopefully will be buying the remaining track next Thursday,,,,

Jr87

Postby Jr87 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 am

Hi Fratton,

It's looking good, I am quite interested to hear how your 08 DCC conversion turns out. I am yet to do mine and haven't been able to track down that n gauge society article stepping through it.

Cheers,
Grant

fratton

Postby fratton » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:49 am

yes i have to dig that article back out, (the mrs has an awful habit of stuff my journals in random drawers because they are small)

fratton

Postby fratton » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:46 pm

i have started to lay the inner main lines today and have to wait for some more point WIT wire to arrive before completing,,

dusted off the digital camera instead of using the iphone and took a few pictures,,,,

The start of the mainline curve and pointwork,

the site of the station with mk3's used for clearance testing and a hst set sitting,,,

Station side from the door end

Sidings side from the door end

sidings from the yard end

The yard itself

Will have to pop back to guagemaster to get another length or two of flexi and some additional sleepers for the joins and wait for the WIT wire to get here, its my birthday on the 21st and im hoping for some pennies to spend on DCC control and maybe a chip or two,,,,

and a pic of my vep awaiting last touches before some underbody mucking up

fratton

Postby fratton » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Another small bite of work,

I ordered some extra WIT wire last week and got a point lever too to test fit it, the lever was actually smaller than i had reconed on which was good, i modified it slightly by drilling extra holes to pin it to the board on all corners,

the securing pins are just peco track pins with the heads removed and bent into a U shape to secure the tubes,,,
im more than happy with the levers and will be ordering some in bulk soon,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:20 pm

another little update on milton yard today,

Track laying has been completed today with only a few gap sleepers needing placed, but may be adding another set of points in the yard as ive found theres loads of room,,,,

clearance gauging coaches, and the yard sheds,,

And my Birthday present package has arrived from Hattons containing my dynamis controller and class 47 Titan, and a chip to put in it, and i shall be chipping my 150/1 at the weekend,,

siquelme

Postby siquelme » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Good choice with the Bachmann Dynamis ;)

Thats what i use :P
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

fratton

Postby fratton » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:27 pm

I got my hands on one the other day and i just liked the feel of it ( and the price ) felt less confusing than the guagemaster prodigy, although i did look long and hard at that at the engine shed the other week,,,,,

thanks to the drizzley weather today theres no power feed use to the shed so cant run in titan and my 150/1 ready for chip fitting, may have to dig out some settrack instead on the kitchen worktop that'll please the mrs :D ,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Well thanks to some good weather today managed to run in 3 of my loco's including my new 47 which will get run in DCC for the first time once I've run in another 4 loco's, then I'm ordering a chip or two and getting my grinder tools out for the mini drill and my 50 and my 37 are being converted (the 08 is on the backburner until I get the right chip)

Gnarly

Postby Gnarly » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Not sure if you said but where did you get the point levers from? Loyd.

fratton

Postby fratton » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

The point levers are Mer control but I bought them from antics, I'm buying 12 more of them tomorrow hopefully,,,

fratton

Postby fratton » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 am

Had the time and the nice weather to get a DCC run done today and also test the track for level laying as the class 47 and my Dapol mk3's have a slight coupler vairiance and were showing every drop or rise in rail top hight, i made the decission to replace one of the lines across the bridge and may replace the rest for the same hight problem,

couldnt resist making a video, excuse the trailing end of the 150/1 i havent chipped it yet (that and consit setting with the driving end are tomorrows job)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gWHzFpPgE

a shot of my 47 making its way round,,,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”