West Lulworth in O - Photo Update (Pg9)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby kennyGWSR » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 am

tom92240 wrote:Q1 Update: Spent the afternoon working on her. The scuffs on the boiler cladding have been buffed out and painted over, the transfers have been removed pending replacement so the loco could be painted in the same type of black to match the repair patches. She is currently sitting on the shelf looked rather bare!

The main damage: the big bash at the front, I have straightened out to the best of my abilities and glued the 2 pieces back together and painted. The damage isn't so noticeable now the brass is in black. Look closely and you can see, but from a distance she looks fine. All I need is a new smokebox door!

New transfers ordered. Hopefully some good progress by the weeks end!

are you repainting her into br livery or is it going to be Southern with sunshine lettering?
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby tom92240 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Ah, you'll have to wait and see! :P

All I require is a replacement smokebox door and the transfers to arrive, and she'll be good to go!

After 1st coat of varnish this morning:

Image
Image

User avatar
ceejaydee
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby ceejaydee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

A spot on job that would make any loco works happy :wink:
Regards
Christopher D.

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby kennyGWSR » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:41 pm

tom92240 wrote:Ah, you'll have to wait and see! :P

All I require is a replacement smokebox door and the transfers to arrive, and she'll be good to go!

After 1st coat of varnish this morning:

Image
Image

you wouldnt even know it had fallen off. :D
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby tom92240 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Cheers guys!

I think it was a very lucky escape that could have been alot worse! Unfortunately she will always show the battle scar on the front, theres only so much I can do, so its really just a case of concentrating on make it is little obvious as I can! Hopefully the new smokebox door will help.

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby kennyGWSR » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm

tom92240 wrote:Cheers guys!

I think it was a very lucky escape that could have been alot worse! Unfortunately she will always show the battle scar on the front, theres only so much I can do, so its really just a case of concentrating on make it is little obvious as I can! Hopefully the new smokebox door will help.

you have done a very good job at hiding the damage from the photos! :D
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg 3

Postby tom92240 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Transfers arrived today. Here she is fresh out of shops:

Image
Image

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg 3

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:47 pm

tom92240 wrote:Transfers arrived today. Here she is fresh out of shops:

Image
Image


that is the S.E.X.!!!! will look good with my weathered SR wagons :P
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Great Western Territory

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby trainsandco » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

has it got a smokebox door on it now? looking at the front (from a side on view) it looked like it did....

Ben
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

User avatar
Pedanticmongrel
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby Pedanticmongrel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

trainsandco wrote:has it got a smokebox door on it now? looking at the front (from a side on view) it looked like it did....

Ben


it will be the old smokebox door with the plates on it removed, i think the plan is to get a new one for it if possible.
I'm back and now I model in 'Strain your eyes gauge'...

User avatar
Splop.
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Was West Bromwich, now living in Tipton

Re: West Lulworth in O

Postby Splop. » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 pm

tom92240 wrote:Unfortunately she will always show the battle scar on the front, there's only so much I can do, so its really just a case of concentrating on make it is little obvious as I can! Hopefully the new smoke box door will help.


From what I can gather, didn't they all have battle scars by the time they were withdrawn?

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby tom92240 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 pm

She still has her old smokebox door on it with the plates still on (so in effect she is still 33001 from the front.) The Plates are glued on very well, no chance of removal so a new door is on order.

Secondly, looking at photos of the survivor in York, mine looks in much better condition even with a dent at the front, the cladding on the boilers were always ripply!

User avatar
ceejaydee
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby ceejaydee » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 pm

....And with a simple change of decals we move back towards the golden era of rail travel :wink:

I do have a strong liking for these ugly beasts - excuse me if you have mentioned it before but what make kit is it?
Regards
Christopher D.

User avatar
tom92240
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells West (75F)
Contact:

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby tom92240 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 am

ceejaydee wrote:....And with a simple change of decals we move back towards the golden era of rail travel :wink:

I do have a strong liking for these ugly beasts - excuse me if you have mentioned it before but what make kit is it?


As far as I am aware she is a Meteor Models kit, but I bought her built so am not 100% sure. But seeing as SEMG website lists the Q1 only being made by them I think it is a good assumption!

User avatar
ceejaydee
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: West Lulworth in O - Q1 Progress Pg3

Postby ceejaydee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm

tom92240 wrote:
ceejaydee wrote:....And with a simple change of decals we move back towards the golden era of rail travel :wink:

I do have a strong liking for these ugly beasts - excuse me if you have mentioned it before but what make kit is it?


As far as I am aware she is a Meteor Models kit, but I bought her built so am not 100% sure. But seeing as SEMG website lists the Q1 only being made by them I think it is a good assumption!


Thanks Tom; it is a lovely model 8)
Regards
Christopher D.


Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests