quakers yard tmd & wagon repair

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
martyn00

quakers yard tmd & wagon repair

Postby martyn00 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm

welcome to my new layout thread named quakers yard tmd & wagon repair .before i go any further i would like to thank simon evans aka piemanlarger for all his help getting me started as i was struggling with a lot of things the biggest being self confidence cheers mate.

ok quakers yard is an end to end layout measuring 9ft 10 inches long x 2ft. wide its splits into two boards making it easier to move around or store away when its not being used.track is peco streamline code 100 flexi track with 10 peco medium radius electrofrog points.point control will be hand of god the reason for this is puerly the extra cost.the layout will be dcc controled with plenty of lighting and in the not to distant future a bit of sound aswell

all the track has been layed and wired im now ready to start the concrete areas around the both sheds and then onto ballasting and weathering the track

heres a few pics of the layout upto now

as you can see loads to do i will keep this thread updated as i go

martyn

piemanlarger

Re: quakers yard tmd & wagon repair

Postby piemanlarger » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 pm

No Probs Martyn, will look forwrd to watching your progress.
A loco with no sound chip? Might as well be unpainted!
EWS sound loco depot viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7263
Olivers Road RMD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18867&start=30

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Martyn,
A very nice start to your new Lay-out. Is this set in any particular area in respect of the "Quakers Yard" name?Looking forward to more up-dates. Good Luck,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

martyn00

Postby martyn00 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:33 pm

there is a place called quakers yard in south wales its on the valley lines near merthyr tydfil.there is a railway station there now but its only a single line operation.my layout isnt based on any place inparticular.i picked quakers yard as a name because i spent alot of my time there when i was younger.thanks for asking

martyn .

piemanlarger

Postby piemanlarger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:36 pm

how is the layout coming along Martyn?

martyn00

Postby martyn00 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm

hi simon ive cut the plasticard for the depot floor and sprayed it with grey primer .thats about a far as ive got the wifes back in hospital for a few days and ive been busy selling all my fathers american n gauge stuff on ebay but hopefully i should be able to start ballasting the depot board by the weekend

martyn

martyn00

Postby martyn00 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:32 pm

well the time has come for me to make a decision regarding railway modelling.my wife is home from hospital now and has given me a ultimatum either i start the layout or i sell everything that i have that is model railway related.i have a week to decide what im going to do build the layout or sell up.i would realy like my own layout but looking at the situation realisticley i can never see it happening due to my lack of railway knowledge abismal eyesight and very low levels of confidence.my wife has had enough of me buying locos wagons lights scenery and all the other stuff and then just stashing it all in boxes.the train modeling idea come to me after i seen james may top toys programme.so i now have a lot of thinking to do before next weekend

martyn

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 pm

martyn00 wrote:well the time has come for me to make a decision regarding railway modelling.my wife is home from hospital now and has given me a ultimatum either i start the layout or i sell everything that i have that is model railway related.i have a week to decide what im going to do build the layout or sell up.i would realy like my own layout but looking at the situation realisticley i can never see it happening due to my lack of railway knowledge abismal eyesight and very low levels of confidence.my wife has had enough of me buying locos wagons lights scenery and all the other stuff and then just stashing it all in boxes.the train modeling idea come to me after i seen james may top toys programme.so i now have a lot of thinking to do before next weekend

martyn

Hi Martyn i think you should give it a go, if you sell up you are likely to lose money you never seem to be able to get what you paid for it as it will be classed as second hand.It was you that convinced me i do not need 20 class 50's with sound and i listened to your advise.
So Martyn please listen to me and give it a go, you may begin to enjoy it.
cheers
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Maybe you should let the wife see this site and the amount of procrastination that goes on before single rail is laid.

Me I have been planning for almost 2 years now :oops:
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

piemanlarger

Postby piemanlarger » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Rimenough may be up for sale after November Martin, R-T-R layout!!!

bobby55016

Postby bobby55016 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 am

martyn00 wrote:abismal eyesight

O gauge? :mrgreen:
Bobby Hill

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 am

bobby55016 wrote: