East Cheltwell

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Re: East Cheltwell

Postby Eastern » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Jim- meant to thanks for the pics :oops: Our Oil furnace (boiler) decided to stop working permanently after 61 years and so we have been working with the contractors and electricians and gas men to upgrade the whole system to the 21st century! We just have to decommission the 675 gallon tank buried in the back garden! Provided it hasn't leaked :shock: It usually is filled with a mix of slurry and sand and then left in place. Ah - the joys of homeownership which detracts from working on the layout!

I have been working on that piece of open grassland and generally cleaning it up - really there should be a fence to stop trespassing on the railway, but I have started with a hedge. The base is some polyfibre and a little scatter as well as some static grass - (and some smelly hairspray!)

I also acquired a rather nice Hornby R2249a 2-8-0 8F for the princely sum of £37 which seemes like a good deal - it is practically brand-new with a bag of detail parts to add (and of course a decoder at some point) I have leaned towards the Western region, so its a refreshing change! It looks like the 'doors' need closing!

Have a good week to all!

Sunny afternoon!
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”
William S Gilbert

Charles

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”