The Bridge (The Yeoveney & Colnbridge Railway) - JOGLE

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Dad-1

Re: The Bridge (The Y&CR) -has got the minerals; wagons that is!

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Stuart,

Thickie I am I'd not seen the link in your signature box.
I'll chip something in and well done young sir !

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Postby Durseytu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Geoff you are a legend! :shock:

I had an email at work, and I must say rather embarrassingly I didn't know it was you to begin with that made that donation. I was thinking "eh!? must be someone my brother knows". :oops: I suppose you can sometimes have the problem as thinking of people as their internet nick rather than there actual name. Still many thanks, it's nice to have made a positive start this weekend (as we have just gone live as you may have noticed).

I've never done fundraising like this before, yet I'm finding the process rather exciting, and the closer we get the more I'm looking forward to the ride (even though I know I will be knackered by the end of it). I'm pleased that what was originally one of these beer fuelled crazy ideas has actually become a reality! We should hopefully get quite a lot of sponsorship as it looks like we will have quite a lot of support from friends, family and colleagues. Parkinson's have been really supportive too and will be providing us with cycle jerseys and some rather nice stickers for the support vehicle (our parents motor-home). But thanks for the interest; I'm hoping to post a lot of updates about the ride, and hopefully should furnish the blog with lots of rather fine piccies and possibly even a few videos too (I'm getting one of these helmet/handle-bar hd micro cameras). Now are there any railway lines we are riding alongside? Hmmm :o

I can understand what you mean about the wagons. The excuse of needing a complete rake for the mineral train would never work!

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Good news fellow modellers, I have just ordered a HD helmet camera so I can record parts of my John O'Groats to Lands End charity bike ride in may. How is this relevant to the Y&CR you may wonder? Cab ride videos! It will be small enough to mount on a carriage that I can push around all parts of the layout without the rather awkward method I originally employed using my phone many months back, and recording the Y&CR will also give me a good bit of practice in using the camera so you may have some rather decent videos popping up here at some stage!

In other news I have had very little time to work on the Y&CR thanks to the colossal amount of organisation the charity bike ride has been taking over the last two months. Free time off work seems to be a premium for me these days! :cry: Still that doesn't mean that I haven't been completely inactive with the layout. I have numerous plans to work on when I get the free time... and I have also sent off one of my locos to Bachmann to have some warranty repairs. When she is returned I hope to get a pictures of her up and running.

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

Durseytu

Re: The Bridge (The Yeoveney & Colnbridge Railway)

Postby Durseytu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:30 pm

OK so I apologise in advance for the quality of this, it's a bit shoddily put together, but I managed to nip up into the loft for half an hour in the freezing weather to record a few loco movements on my new micro HD camera. I bought the camera to use on the bike and when I go climbing (the main motive being my up and coming John O'Groats bike ride). Still it can prove useful in the layout too... I would use it in conjunction with my DSLR for tripod mounted video recording, but use the micro HD camera mainly for cab rides, or recording angles where I can't get the DSLR.

And yes before anyone comments, I know I run a few SPAD's and the signal in the final shot isn't working (and now I watch it there are a couple of annoying shots where you have to wait for the locos to circuit the layout off screen of the camera) but it's just to give everyone an idea of what videos I will be able to accomplish with a little bit more time, planning and preparation. And please let me know what you think.

http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae13 ... tourHD.mp4

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

Thomas

Re: The Bridge (The Yeoveney & Colnbridge Railway) - A video!?!

Postby Thomas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:30 am

I like it! Looking forward to more videos to come!

Thomas
SOUTHERN FOR SUNSHINE

auricom

Postby auricom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:54 pm

If you pause it at 3.54 you can see Stu poking his head above the scenery before quickly ducking out of the way.

Looks like a "Kilroy was here" pose!
Chris

Bookseller, philosopher and brutally forthright. If you don't like what I say, so what?

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi all!

I suppose it's about time I poke my head back on here as it seems like a long time since I have had a chance to play with the trains up in the loft! Those who know me will know that the last four of months myself and my family have been heavily involved in fund-raising for a charity bike ride due to kick off this weekend. We have been raising money in aid of Parkinson's UK (after my father's diagnosis) and will be riding from John O'Groats to Lands End over the next couple of weeks.

For anyone who has done something like this before will know that these things take a colossal amount of planning and organisation (and training) and as such I have had no time this year to work on the Y&CR (horrors I even missed marking it's second birthday). In fact the only time that I have been into the loft the past couple of months was not for the layout, but merely to bring down kit! My brother and I start riding this Sunday, so after a couple of weeks I'm looking forward to getting home and have some time to relax, and eventually hope to get back to focussing on The Y&CR.

So keep em peeled for updates when I'm back... and if anyone is interested in the progress of our bike ride, I plan on updating my blog daily (internet signal permitting), which you can view following the link on my signature below.

Cheers all, and happy modelling!

Stuart :)
ImageImage

cmeonthemove

Re: The Bridge (The Yeoveney & Colnbridge Railway) - JOGLE

Postby cmeonthemove » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Good to hear from you again Stuart and hope it all goes well on the bike ride. I'll keep an eye on your blog! Ride safely and catch up in a few weeks.
Great video by the way!

Metallicadam

Postby Metallicadam » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Hope things are going well for you! bud!
My Warhammer Modelling/Gaming Blog - To tide me over till the money comes in and i can afford a layout!

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello all, just want to let you know that I still exist! I've had a crappy 2012 as it turns out, so I have been kept away from the YCR for quite a while. I shouldn't have been neglecting the forum however. I apologise for that... :cry: Things might be looking up next week however as I have a potential new job lined up, fingers crossed I succeed and I might be able to carry on developing the YCR! I will carry on visiting here so don't you worry. Maybe I should call that my second sabbatical? Anyhoo I have a photo for you of the YCR...

The only thing that I have managed to do... a lick of white paint. I'm also planning installing a few spotlights, which will probably take priority of the remainder of a very large to do list.

Anyway hi again, I have to run but I will catch up with everyone's pages soon!

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 am

Glad to see you back! Best wishes,
Thomas
SOUTHERN FOR SUNSHINE

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Ahh, yes good to see you back.
Tried to follow your ride, but couldn't chip in as it went along due to not being on Facebook, or Twitter.
Felt sorry for those poor lasses. I always thought riding a tandem was like driving a large lorry !!

Will your loft spotlights act as a heating source ? I hate the cold and lofts in winter - say no more !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”