The Bridge (The Yeoveney & Colnbridge Railway) - JOGLE

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Durseytu
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Re: The Bridge - The Yeoveney and Colnbridge Railway. STATIONS!

Postby Durseytu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Stu is absolutely fine :D

As for a canopy I was simply planning on re-using the Superquick canopy and station buildings that I already had. I do plan on installing more station furniture though (such as signs and benches). I even dangerously considered real lights for the platform!

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 pm

auricom wrote:(I keep calling you that, have no idea if you dont mind being called Stu or hate it?)

Why do you think he drinks as much as he does? ;) :P :lol:
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Cracking job there Stuart. :)
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

auricom

Postby auricom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 pm

trainsandco wrote:
auricom wrote:(I keep calling you that, have no idea if you dont mind being called Stu or hate it?)

Why do you think he drinks as much as he does? ;) :P :lol:

Probably right there TC :P

I even dangerously considered real lights for the platform!

Oooh dear. Oh dear oh dear!!

Seems like somebody has been following Chris' (cme) thread to closely and got ideas ;)
Chris

Bookseller, philosopher and brutally forthright. If you don't like what I say, so what?

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Don't blame me! I had nothing to do with it :lol: :wink:

Great work on the platforms so far. Those formers must've been a tedious job!

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 pm

trainsandco wrote:Why do you think he drinks as much as he does? ;) :P :lol:

I guess it can't be helped then! :cry: :cry:

And cheers all for the kind comments! :D

Working on the formers wasn't actually that bad, the most tedious part was making sure that I had enough 15ml wide strips of card cut for both the walls and formers. Once I had the walls pasted with brick paper, all I need to do was quickly cut a few pieces of card from a spare strip and then glue into position in a V shape to hold the wall in the right position. Then I simply glued a few more strips in between to stop the station sagging in the middle.

With regards to lights, it was me that kept suggesting of for Chris (cmeonthemove). What goes around comes around I guess. You make it look so good that I feel I should have a go for The Bridge as well!

(After watching a rather stressful game of footie I’m now painting the white lines).

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

auricom

Postby auricom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:35 pm

After watching a rather stressful game of footie I’m now painting the white lines

Sooooo close to beating Chelsea as well. Oh well, it looks like you have finally got going after a slow start to the season.
Chris

Bookseller, philosopher and brutally forthright. If you don't like what I say, so what?

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

It's still close to the relegation zone but we should do it. But still... Dempsey... :cry: :cry: :cry: ! Still no criticism to the man, he's a great player. I'll never forget his 82nd minute chip against Juventus in the Europa league. Blinding!

Anyway fractionally off topic, painting white lines... much more fun oh yes! :roll:

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

auricom

Postby auricom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Durseytu wrote:It's still close to the relegation zone but we should do it. But still... Dempsey... :cry: :cry: :cry: ! Still no criticism to the man, he's a great player. I'll never forget his 82nd minute chip against Juventus in the Europa league. Blinding!

Anyway fractionally off topic, painting white lines... much more fun oh yes! :roll:

Cheers,

Stuart.

Ah but with the league how it is at the moment, 1 win can catapult a team 6 or 7 places up the table. And as for painting, you should paint a fulham shirt on a member of the public sitting in the beer garden :)
Chris

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:08 pm

auricom wrote:you should paint a fulham shirt on a member of the public sitting in the beer garden :)

Aside from the fact you are suggesting painting a five centimetre logo in 1:76 scale which in itself is nearly impossible, but considering the era of the layout I would have to paint the old logo which as I'm sure you will agree is significantly more complicated:

New

Old... :?

(I think I might give it a miss).

Anyway more on stations... the island platform is complete! Hurrah!!

Complete in the sense that the platform part is done (there is quite clearly a lot missing). I've re-ballasted the gaps created since the old platforms removal so I will presumably have to wait all week for this to dry considering the temperature in the loft!

My 47 inspecting the quality of the platform. I think it's impressed but I can't really tell!

And a shot at the far end of the platform and the little bit of wasteland. Now I have to wait for fencing to arrive in the post, so in the meantime... the next job... platform 1! 8)

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

That plaform looks spot on. Just needs a bit of weathering! Are you amending the bridge so the steps go down directly to the platform or leaving it as it is now?

Durseytu

Postby Durseytu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 am

Cheers Chris. That bridge is a small bugbear and I might have to go at it with the craft knife to get it to the right height as I do want it to line up with the platform surface, but I’ll leave it for now since the bridge is stuck in place. It does feel a tad over-scale though; maybe I’ll have a look around see if there are any better bridges out there.

I've just noticed that part of the station appears to be sticking up in photo 1 (I also noticed this when I was last closing the loft up). When I’m next home on Sunday (I’m now away for this half of the week) I'll have to get it stuck down.

Cheers,

Stuart.
ImageImage

SimonDBench

Postby SimonDBench » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Stuart the platforms look awsome! In fact I think the best word to use is 'Seamless'.

I agree with Chris about the foot bridge, mind you would create a scale crater I expect =x

Simon

auricom

Postby auricom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm

cmeonthemove wrote:That plaform looks spot on. Just needs a bit of weathering! Are you amending the bridge so the steps go down directly to the platform or leaving it as it is now?

You should give him as many ideas as he gives you, like oh I dunno.....scratch building a new footbridge ;)
Chris

auricom

Postby auricom » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Goodness me, we cant have this half way down the second page!!

You stuck the platform down again Stu?

(Hope you enjoyed your few days away mate)
Chris

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”