Lees N gauge Shed railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Postby Lofty » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 pm

I do like the look of the last two shots

Lofty

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:18 am

Hi lads

Thanks for the great feedback :wink:

Just waiting on 6 lyddle end buildings to arrive signal boxes station building then i will add lighting etc.

Next pay day the plan is maybe another 100 of the same trees, and also to put more trackside fences around the layout along with some more animal and people figures and also to add power lines etc.

Till next time

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Lee

Great to see even more progress on your layout :) It seems to get better and better...which I suppose is what you'd want really! :roll:

I must say I am very impressed with the trees you have bought. A veritable bargain I would say! I especially like the way you have surrounded the church with trees.

The new buildings look right at home. I must also compliment you on the tunnel mouths. They look utterly excellent! Have you done anything more on the brook and surrounding area?

Cheers fella,

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi Tim

Thanks for the kind words, the stream has been worked i have got reeds etc layed in the stream but to finish the look im after i will need to buy some more varnish to make a nice top layer affect of the water no pics until im happy with it though :lol: :D

Anyway arrived back from work and the Lyddle End buildings have arrived so back in the shed i have been :wink:

I have placed the buildings and layed more static grass around some area to give a thicker and more 3D look to the layout i must say its worked, the key to this was using more PVA to give a thicker and more stable look of the grass than my other attempts :idea:

Enjoy :wink:

Lee

PS Well Chris if you read this im ready for you to come round and take some clearer pics any time this week after 6.00PM or make it the weekend cheers :wink:
My N Gauge Layout.

Raider

Postby Raider » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:16 pm

We'll sort something out Lee - I'm busy Thursday night and Sunday, but sure we can sort out half an hour or so to take some photos.

We'll arrange something on MSN.

Loconut

Postby Loconut » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Lee

I have been catching up with this thread and am completely amazed at your progress. The detail is fantastic! Truly awesome!!!

I am still encouraged by your comments to "Honestly mate, go N Gauge, you won't look back" and think this is the way to go. I scrapped my attempts at my last board which was going to be OO (I kind of messed it up anyway).

How are you getting on with installing DCC decoders in your locos?

Fantastic layout mate - I am as green as your hills with envy :-)

All the best

Loconut
I need more space !

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Loconut

Thank you very much for your kind words it really does give me the motivation to go and do more stuff on the layout :D :wink:

Regarding the DCC i have cheated in the way of buying the ready installed Peco locos, the locos i brought to convert did seem alot of trouble to install the chips, there alot of money but great Locos worth every penny.

Ok big update lads i must give Chris(Raider) a great pat on the back and a big thank you for coming round and taking some pics of the layout with his great camera 8) :wink:

Please Enjoy the pics as much as we did taking them :D

Here you can see the Loco and carriages passing by to the right( quite funny seeing chris dodge out the way of passing trains while trying to photo them :lol:

The horse were a last minute buy but i found them a home.

All my Locos on parade.

The Incline to the slate mine

This pic shows the size of layout

PS 1 hour of uploading chris :lol: u said they were large files time to throw my camera away :shock:

Enjoy :wink:
My N Gauge Layout.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi Lee

Wonderful shots mate. Really good to see the whole layout like that! Must say you have certainly acheved a splendid standard throughout the whole railway. Tremendous stuff!!!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Was really good to pop and round and have a look at the layout 'in the flesh' - it was totally different from last time I saw it.

Glad the photos have turned out so well - was fun trying to get the positioning right when we couldn't get round the back of the layout.

Look forward to seeing the extension line.

Chris

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Now that is much better! Nice one Chris and Lee the layout looks great. Good to see some different angles and perspectives.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:43 pm

stunning photos and what a terrific layout. nice one so much details in it and play potential.

Loconut

Postby Loconut » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Fantastic photos Lee and Chris! What camera did you use Chris? They are very crisp and sharp.

Lee - is there any chance of a track plan? I know these things are usually posted at the beginning and you have shown the track being laid out, but now that you have the incline to the slate mine, I wondered if you could show us the final plan?

This really is some piece of work!!!

Loconut
I need more space !

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:57 pm

Very nice pics Lee, great stuff and a smashing layout.

Neil

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:40 pm

I've just been doing a catch-up on this thread. Your layout is looking very good - and the latest pictures give an excellent impression of the scope and depth of layout and scenery you are creating. I love the undulating countryside and incline around the tunnels.

I agree with Loconut - a plan would be nice.

Do you realise Lee that you began this layout thread on 19 August 2006 ? Your layout is nearly a year old ! I think you've achieved a good deal in this time.

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Loconut - it's a Cannon 350D-SLR I use with the kit lens

Put it on a tripod, set the shutter to 10 second delay to reduce wobble and used a longish shutter speed to make sure I got the light through.

Some of the shots were a bit tricky as I couldn't actually see the view finder so it was a bit of guess work.

Lee, forgot to say earlier - love the way the track isn't dead straight - the gentle curve to it really adds something.

Chris

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”