NSE making a start

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
NSE DAZ

Re: NSE making a start

Postby NSE DAZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 am

bizzyd6405 wrote:Hi Darren seen as your a fellow NSE fan i found that the signal box in Rochester have commissioned a bachmann class 03 in NSE livery it certainly got my attention here's the link:

http://www.thesignalbox.co.uk/index_new.php?pg=3&p_cat_id=43&prod_id=11276

not sure if your be interested but thought i'd let you know.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren what a great find 8) i know that this 03 originates from the Ilse Of Wight but i think that it would be just at home at Shaftesbury :wink:

Will Lordsbridge be gaining this new addition £££££

Good spot Darren anything NSE related i am always keen to hear about :D

Better add this to the wish list £££££

Many thanks

Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast

roddrail

Postby roddrail » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 am

First post on the forum. Been a secret viewer (perve) for about 8 months now. Some excellent work all round.

Just being noisey, the exhibtion at Templecombe you mentioned was that at Gartell Light Railway?? Just interested as i organise that one. If so, glad you enjoyed it. Nice little railway hidden in somerset to go with it??

I'll start a thread soon with my new one although i've only got at the start and near completion piccys. Might add some of the clubs as well.

Sorry not trying to hijack you thread.

rodders

87 101

Postby 87 101 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi Darren have you got your baseboards sorted yet ???

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:16 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:
bizzyd6405 wrote:Hi Darren seen as your a fellow NSE fan i found that the signal box in Rochester have commissioned a bachmann class 03 in NSE livery it certainly got my attention here's the link:

http://www.thesignalbox.co.uk/index_new.php?pg=3&p_cat_id=43&prod_id=11276

not sure if your be interested but thought i'd let you know.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren what a great find 8) i know that this 03 originates from the Ilse Of Wight but i think that it would be just at home at Shaftesbury :wink:

Will Lordsbridge be gaining this new addition £££££

Good spot Darren anything NSE related i am always keen to hear about :D

Better add this to the wish list £££££

Many thanks

Darren NSE DAZ

yeah i have added this to the ever growing list of new loco's due to be purchased :lol:

Cheers

Darren

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Darren glad you are going to add Conqueror and Repulse to your fleet.You have great taste as both of theese were in my top 20.A little advise about Repulse if you are using Superb as a base for this loco to be correct it will need a complete respray in the lighter blue NSE as Repulse was withdrawn before this happened.A little complication here though is that the cab ends were repainted on one end only in the darker blue livery.If you want ill dig out one of my photos for you.Anyway great taste,hope im not boring you now but my top 20 were/are 50035/017/034/039/019/033/036/032/050/004/014/030/037/028/001/025/037/031/044/009/ :D with honourable mention for 50002/021/024/029/040/041/045/046 :) Bottom of the plie for me 011/012/016/022/023/026/038/043 :lol: What was your favourite? Anyway im dead jealous unless they improve the Farish model :twisted: i am adding no more to my fleet :(
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 am

roddrail wrote:First post on the forum. Been a secret viewer (perve) for about 8 months now. Some excellent work all round.

Just being noisey, the exhibtion at Templecombe you mentioned was that at Gartell Light Railway?? Just interested as i organise that one. If so, glad you enjoyed it. Nice little railway hidden in somerset to go with it??

I'll start a thread soon with my new one although i've only got at the start and near completion piccys. Might add some of the clubs as well.

Sorry not trying to hijack you thread.

rodders

Hi rodders, the exhibition at Templecombe was that at Gartell Light Railway, wow what a place i only live 12 miles away and i never knew that it existed :oops:

I must say what a great day that was and also a great venue choice well done :D :D when i left the exhibition i looked in the gift shop and purchased 100 model rail magazines for only £5 bargain.
Maybe one day i will be able to show my layout at one of your events :wink:

Am i right in saying that this event is held yearly?

You must start a thread that will be interesting, you mention club is this a local one?

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:29 am

87 101 wrote:Hi Darren have you got your baseboards sorted yet ???

Hi Dave, baseboards don't go there :evil: i have been let down badly 3 months waiting and no response!!!!!

Me and the brother in law are in the process of creating my baseboards and hopefully the main 12foot by 2.6foot section will be up and running by the middle of next week :D
This means that i can concentrate on the main station area which should not take to long to erect as i have carried out a lot of the detailing work/and you with the main structures 8) in preparation waiting for these base boards :D

I will hopefully be adding picture of the first line at Shaftesbury by the end of next week :wink:

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:48 am

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren glad you are going to add Conqueror and Repulse to your fleet.You have great taste as both of theese were in my top 20.A little advise about Repulse if you are using Superb as a base for this loco to be correct it will need a complete respray in the lighter blue NSE as Repulse was withdrawn before this happened.A little complication here though is that the cab ends were repainted on one end only in the darker blue livery.If you want ill dig out one of my photos for you.Anyway great taste,hope im not boring you now but my top 20 were/are 50035/017/034/039/019/033/036/032/050/004/014/030/037/028/001/025/037/031/044/009/ :D with honourable mention for 50002/021/024/029/040/041/045/046 :) Bottom of the plie for me 011/012/016/022/023/026/038/043 :lol: What was your favourite? Anyway im dead jealous unless they improve the Farish model :twisted: i am adding no more to my fleet :(

Hi Ian, when was Repulse withdrawn? i think that i have a picture of Repulse in early 1991 i would be very interested in seeing your photo of this beast.
The complication with the cab ends? why was this Vac painted this way any idea?

My top 10 50050/028/044/002/029/036/037/021/045/046 to be honest i love them all :D (Not that keen on 50007 Sir Edward Elgar the same as Chris Green the director of NSE)

Lets hope that they re- release the 50's in N gauge and do some justice to these power horses

Many thank sorry for all the questions

Darren NSE DAZ

87 101

Postby 87 101 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Shame that you are so far away as I have added baseboards to the web site. Anyway once the boards are down you can get on with the layout proper. Im looking forward to seeing how all the buildings fit together on the layout. We have just unloaded potters lane from the car after this weekends jarrow show so im just hoping that I get some emails next with some orders! :roll: :wink:

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:15 pm

87 101 wrote:Shame that you are so far away as I have added baseboards to the web site. Anyway once the boards are down you can get on with the layout proper. Im looking forward to seeing how all the buildings fit together on the layout. We have just unloaded potters lane from the car after this weekends jarrow show so im just hoping that I get some emails next with some orders! :roll: :wink:

Hi Dave, that is a shame i would have definite used your services on the baseboards then i know it would have been quality assured :wink:

Looks like you had a good time at the exhibition at Jarrow this weekend, i also hope that the orders roll in for you i am certain that any one who saw your creations 8) would definitely be giving you a shout.

Many thanks

Darren NSE DAZ

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Darren Regarding Repulse basically it had the cab ends painted dark blue as the paintwork was decideingly tattey.Laira could not simply repaint the loco in the lighter blue livery as Chris Green in July 89 insisted that all the loco's rolling stock that was due a repaint would have to be painted in the dark blue scheme.Repulse could not be spared to be removed from traffic because the supousedly more reliable 47/7 shove duffs were more unreliable than the vacs :lol: :lol: .As NSE quickly found out that any motive power suffered on this very demanding route Fast Waterloo - Salisbury then the frequent stops Salisbury -Exeter.In the end before the 159's took over it was a chaotic mess of 47/7 shove duffs/47/4 /47/0 railfreight ones coupled with the odd crompton.This was because of the appalling reliability of the 47/7's :lol:
I will try and dig out some photos of Repulse in NSE livery circa 91 with the painted cab ends.
As regards youre favourites you have great taste as most in my Top 10 or 20.
Regarding 50007 Snotvac as it was known it was a good reliable runner but boring and never the same as when it was Hercules.I did not like the name or the livery and im not too happy that Exeter is in green :evil: and Ark Royal in Loadhaul. :evil: :evil: The only one left in NSE is Lion as the owners of the loco's don't seem to like NSE.This is a shame as IMHO Ark Royal realy looked fantastic in RNSE darker blue livery.As along with Furious and Glorious an Old Oak Common Vac had never looked so smart.
So i guess you will not be in a hurry to add Sir Edward Elgar to your fleet?
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren Regarding Repulse basically it had the cab ends painted dark blue as the paintwork was decideingly tattey.Laira could not simply repaint the loco in the lighter blue livery as Chris Green in July 89 insisted that all the loco's rolling stock that was due a repaint would have to be painted in the dark blue scheme.Repulse could not be spared to be removed from traffic because the supousedly more reliable 47/7 shove duffs were more unreliable than the vacs :lol: :lol: .As NSE quickly found out that any motive power suffered on this very demanding route Fast Waterloo - Salisbury then the frequent stops Salisbury -Exeter.In the end before the 159's took over it was a chaotic mess of 47/7 shove duffs/47/4 /47/0 railfreight ones coupled with the odd crompton.This was because of the appalling reliability of the 47/7's :lol:
I will try and dig out some photos of Repulse in NSE livery circa 91 with the painted cab ends.
As regards youre favourites you have great taste as most in my Top 10 or 20.
Regarding 50007 Snotvac as it was known it was a good reliable runner but boring and never the same as when it was Hercules.I did not like the name or the livery and im not too happy that Exeter is in green :evil: and Ark Royal in Loadhaul. :evil: :evil: The only one left in NSE is Lion as the owners of the loco's don't seem to like NSE.This is a shame as IMHO Ark Royal realy looked fantastic in RNSE darker blue livery.As along with Furious and Glorious an Old Oak Common Vac had never looked so smart.
So i guess you will not be in a hurry to add Sir Edward Elgar to your fleet?

Hi Ian, like you i think that the NSE livery really suited the Vac, in my opinion the revised darker blue livery was the best 8) it suited this loco better than the original sweeping stripe NSE livery.
I live near Gillingham Dorset on the West coast main line and i can remember the chaos towards the end of the 50's with the 47's and other locos being drafted in from different sectors rail-freight/royal mail ect to take over passenger duties what a mess :(
I will sadly not be adding Sir Edward Elgar to my fleet i will always remember 50007 as Hercules :D

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

NSE DAZ wrote:
I live near Gillingham Dorset on the West coast main line and i can remember the chaos towards the end of the 50's with the 47's and other locos being drafted in from different sectors rail-freight/royal mail ect to take over passenger duties what a mess :(

Ah i live near Gillingham in Kent, thou not many class 50's around here we had 4 veps, 4 ceps then the networkers :D. really need to add some to Lordsbridge.

cheers

Darren

NSE DAZ

Postby NSE DAZ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 pm

bizzyd6405 wrote:
NSE DAZ wrote:

Ah i live near Gillingham in Kent, thou not many class 50's around here we had 4 veps, 4 ceps then the networkers :D. really need to add some to Lordsbridge.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren this is getting quite scary :shock: we are both called Darren both live near Gillingham (i know one is Dorset and the other Kent and that they are pronounced differently)and both creating NSE based layouts!!!!!

What a small world :lol:

I miss the 4 veps and 4 ceps :( are you going to get the Hornby Networker for your layout?

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ near Gillingham (Dorset) :lol:

bizzyd6405

Postby bizzyd6405 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 pm

yeah i'm thinking of getting one of the limited edition modelzone one that they have coming out in may. waiting to see weather its a completely new tooling or just the old one with a dcc socket added.

cheers

Darren

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”