My next N gauge layout!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
smallman28

Re: My next N gauge layout!

Postby smallman28 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Made some small areas of progress :D
Got the engine shed lit,didn't really plan on this but it turned out okay.

Several coats of matt black on the inside and a single 5mm LED in the roof.
All the buffer stops are all lit as well.
Started work on the top section,going for a gas works on one side and will have something else on the other side,maybe cement works.
One of the gas buildings is lit and the little light also works it's just not all wired in yet.
I am going to get the Bachmann gasometer to go on the top as it is much larger than the Hornby one,if they ever release it :roll:

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 am

Wow! love the shed :) lots of atmosphere. Keep it up...

ASFC

Postby ASFC » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:12 am

I echo the Chiefs comments, loving the shed!
My New N gauge layout thread 'Chinley': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41038

My Old N gauge layout thread 'Ollerton': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32899

ste234

Postby ste234 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Smallman, nice work once again. I would be tempted to nnow paint the insides a grey colour, it might blend in and look better in the depot than black does. And as the black is still there no light will get through :)
Just my thoughts :wink:
Ste
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout

smallman28

Postby smallman28 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:15 pm

ste234 wrote:Hi Smallman, nice work once again. I would be tempted to nnow paint the insides a grey colour, it might blend in and look better in the depot than black does. And as the black is still there no light will get through :)
Just my thoughts :wink:
Ste

Too late now :oops:
In my un-necessary haste the shed is now glued down :mrgreen:
You really cant see inside it that well normally so you are unlikely to notice the black interior anyway.

smallman28

Postby smallman28 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 pm

No real great leaps forward on this one :(
Still waiting for some lights to come so cant fix the remaining part of the top section down to move forward on the rest.
However in my impatience I have started on some scenics on the top part,hopefully this wont prove a mistake and I will damage it whilst fitting the remaining lights :oops:

And from the "front"

Glued the door in place to stop it flapping around,it is supposed to slide open and closed which it does but when I got the same building for my dads layout it jammed at a funny angle after the building had been glued down and in the end I had to break it off :evil:
There is a lamp post to go on the corner of the pavement on the left and I need to get some cars,people etc to finish it off.

hiffano

Postby hiffano » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:08 am

after my dismay at the sale of your last layout been following this one closely, but several months without an update! hope it's all still on track!
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

storme37

Postby storme37 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:36 pm

nice i like the way this is going

smallman28

Postby smallman28 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm

hiffano wrote:after my dismay at the sale of your last layout been following this one closely, but several months without an update! hope it's all still on track!

Sort of de-railed at the moment :(
Still got it and done very few little bits on it since the last update.
Not really bothered though at the moment as the old layout had months of no progress being made but did get mostly finished in the end.
I think this one will also get finished at some point,just wont be any time soon.

0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Postby 0121modeller » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm

That factory looks a nice build 8) , was this a kitbuilt item or something you designed & scratchbuilt yourself ?
Impressive model for N gauge.

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36342

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Been watching this one too :D

Funny how interest and activity tends to be up-and-down, had bouts of that myself. Sure you'll get back to it fairly soon, but no point forcing yourself and making a mess of it - it's meant to be a hobby, something enjoyable to occupy your spare time, after all :wink:

Paul

smallman28

Postby smallman28 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

The final update :cry:
I am getting out of this hobby as it just doesnt hold the interest for me it once did.
I have already sold the locos today and have started dismantling the track itself.
It is getting sold as parts rather than a complete layout (well it isnt complete anyway) as it might fetch a bit more money to do it that way.
Will probably just consoildate everything that comes off the layout into one job lot to either sell here or on ebay.
Wont be building another layout any time soon.

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:50 pm

WHAT! why? you have a tallent :( Well if its broken up ill give the shed a good home.

smallman28

Postby smallman28 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:00 pm

THE CHIEF wrote:WHAT! why? you have a tallent :( Well if its broken up ill give the shed a good home.

Maybe but numerous things have got in the way and my interest has wavered to such a point that I am just not interested anymore :cry:
I still like to look at a good layout and still have an interest in that respect but my building days are done.

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Well theres no point if your not enjoying it, thats what its all about really. Good luck in your next hobbie :wink:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”