The Strogaloft - Construction Begins... Again!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
thebritfarmer

Re: The Strogaloft - Construction Begins... Again!

Post by thebritfarmer »

Town square looks nice. Maybe add a few park benches or even a monument?
All Aboooooard !!
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Hi Britfarmer, yes it definately needs something... I've been looking for ideas this morning for what sort of thing I could put on there, and I have seen that Hornby do a 'Jubilee Clock Tower' that might look quite good on there... I've got a pack of benches here somewhere.

The square hasnt been fixed down yet, so will probably bring it back down next weekend and detail it up a bit with some bushes and people etc..

:)
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

All Aboooooard !!
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Ah thanks for those links, thats most helpful... I do like the look of the village green shelter, I can see it looking nice with a few benches around it etc... Roll on payday !
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Hey guys.

[sarcasm] Today has been most exciting... [/sarcasm] I have sat here for the last 12 hours waiting for a courier who hasnt turned up... Gutting. I had planned a trip to the model shop to buy a new wagon, typical. Not impressed !

OK, rant over! At least I've had plenty of time to sit here and do some modelling. I have built the remaining length of platform that I needed to finish the big station off, and then made an extension to the retaining walls, that goes over the platforms, and provides walkways down to the platform. Best let the pictures do the explaining!

This is what I mean:
So the station building will be above this on the high level area, and then platform access will be down the stairs.

Quite pleased with how that turned out, (and the fact that it fits perfectly!), just need to make some actual stairs to insert in there.

Also finally came up with an idea for this area:

The plan is to make a nuclear flask unloading facility. I have nearly secured permission from SWMBO to purchase 2 of the Bachmann FNA's, pretty excited about that as I havent had any new stock since the Sprinter in January :D I was going to pop out and get some kind of barrier wagon today, but didnt make it out because of a certain courier... :evil:

And lastly, a new installation in the loft... A handy little fixture, a magnetic bar, which holds these little tubs and hooks, the Mrs was gonna throw it out, so I nabbed it!
Its perfect for holding fishplates and trackpins etc... ! The whiteboard is also a new feature, just need to buy a pen !
iankemp

Post by iankemp »

iankemp wrote:I have some lengths and i have 3 boxes of H posts. I think i have got about 5 or 6 lengths but i will have to look in the box when i get back to my flat!
I have got 3 long Viessman then there is a box of 10 (i think it was) of the gold Lima and then there is 4 Triang wires. 2 boxes of H style posts and 1 box of the round posts (10 in each)! any use to you? pm me if you are.
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

Station is starting to shape up nicely.
All Aboooooard !!
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Got myself a new piece of rolling stock today! A Bachmann FNA nuclear flask wagon, its a TMC weathered version. Really pleased with it, hoping to get another one (or two).

Heres some pics of the nuclear flask train, double headed by a 25 and 29.

Have finished a few more low relief buildings, and picked up another kit today, so the town should start taking shape soon. I'm going to need loads more buildings to fill this town up, I think had better bite the bullet and try some of these Scalescenes kits!
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

The flask looks great (on my wishlist) you won't regret the scalescenes they are brilliant!!!
All Aboooooard !!