Penrhyn's new venture

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Penrhyn

Re: Penrhyn's new venture

Postby Penrhyn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Some more pictures of the goods yard

More will be posted probably tomorrow

Dave

Penrhyn

Postby Penrhyn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Well I have now built a lake situated in what will be a country park a Kit was used marketed by Woodlands Scienic which I have found to be excellent.First the pond sides were built up using some cobble plasticard,the lake bed was now painted with the paint supplied and when it was dry(approx half an hour)the water was poured on to the pond.This I must admit looks dammed good,and so easy to achieve.

A Road was stuck down to allow the Country Station and the Main station and village to be connected,due to it's length boy oh boy it's going to take some filling with vehicles !!!!!!!!!

After road laying ,the car park in the Park was layed and a shed was added to the lake.
Grass was then planted up to the lakeside and behind the terrace of houses and local shops.I decided then to start some of the landscaping,I tried using the Woodland scienic glue but i MUST ADMIT i WAS not IMPRESSED with it,this I personally think has been watered down to much,so I used my own mix of PVA which turned out to be spot on.

Lake bed

Grass and hedging and shed around the lake

The interconecting road

Road into the Main Station

A view of the houses and shops

Dave

Penrhyn

Postby Penrhyn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Couple more views of the progress

The next 2 are of some of the landcaping

A view of the new additions

Dave

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Dave, crackin work going on there. Can I ask which make of turntable that is? I am going to be after a very basic one which I am hoping to crank by hand. I have loads of sprockets, gears all sorts of gears from such things as redundant computer printers, also Mecano stuff, rods and axles. One of my "on the side projects", the crank will come out to the side of the baseboard.

Sorry I degress.. :)

Great looking layout

sb
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

1djspikey

Postby 1djspikey » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm

WoW some work as bin done there im in the middle of track a layout and i hope it looks as good as yours im liking the tunnels and im bin looking for ideas and your layout as given me one many thanks reguards spikey :D :wink:

Penrhyn

Postby Penrhyn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi guys thanks for your kind comments,as far as the turntable is concerned mine is NOT going to be motorised far to much hassle Me thinks.The make of it is Peco,got one for sale B/new if anyone interested

Dave,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”