Glentruss Halt - A '00' DCC layout ?

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Dad-1

Re: Glentruss Halt - A '00' DCC layout ?

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Here's the guy who looks a bit drunk ....
Still have to touch-up both his green coat and grey trousers, re-paint his top hat, paint his shoes, and probably add brown gloves. Trouble is not enough daylight hours, trying to work on this in good old tungsten light is hard, under the new bulbs just forget it !! That's why the kitchen will remain with old 'power burners'

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm

slackbladder wrote: we used to say in the building trade "if you stand around for a few minutes you’ll get painted"

An old Army saying was:

“If it moves, Salute it, if it doesn’t, paint it!”

Son-1

Postby Son-1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Bring your paints when you come up, I have some N gauge figures to paint :twisted:
Stephen T

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Bring your paints when you come up, I have some N gauge figures to paint

Hey stop ordering the dad around :D

More nice work Geoff.. That toff of a guy looks like he is maybe missing a cane in that right hand eh?

Amazing work!

Tell son to do his own painting ha ha... :lol:

slackers
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Dad-1 wrote:Here's the guy who looks a bit drunk ....
Still have to touch-up both his green coat and grey trousers, re-paint his top hat, paint his shoes, and probably add brown gloves. Trouble is not enough daylight hours, trying to work on this in good old tungsten light is hard, under the new bulbs just forget it !! That's why the kitchen will remain with old 'power burners'

Geoff T.

nice work......
(just out of intrest do 'Dad-1' and 'Son-1' have any relations? :P )

T&C
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, yes ......

Son-1 is just that and I'm going up to smokey Scunthorpe after Christmas for a couple of days.
I'll probably have to paint something to get my turn on the controller of his 'N' gauge stuff. Mind you he'll have to put it on the track, too darned small - I have trouble getting my 00 stuff on correctly. That'll see me driving 60006 in the British Steel blue livery ......

Geoff T.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:09 am

Hello Everybody,

Painting is such a slow job, most need 2 coats to thoroughly cover the white metal. Then odd smudges require a touch-up afterwards, just seems to go on forever - perhaps I'm demanding too much from my eyes and hand !!!

However they are beginning to come to life. The sets had 10 figures each of railway staff and upper class figures. I'm only going to have holes to plug into for around 6 or 7 people this will enable me to change the scene from time to time. I personally don't like figures glued into place because the scene can become dusty and stale. Given a preference I'd go for small clear acitate bases as I put on my plastic figures, this allows an endless change of percieved activity, but these superb Langley figures are heavy and require a rather more solid mounting.

Geoff T.

sishades

Postby sishades » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 am

We should start a "spot the 20p on the layout" thread. Could be a hoot.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

Done it now sishades,

I'm going to do just that ...... Wonder if I'll have any 20 p pieces left after Christmas ?

Geoff T.

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Looking good Geoff, the holes and having the figures interchangable is a brilliant idea! (why didnt I think of that?) I often look at my layout and dont like seeing the same station scene each time and the dust ..huuummm yes. Also have lost a few of my figures up the Henry.

That 20p is mine.. :D

sb

ps just been doing a bit work on my layout and have just found out how brilliant that hanging basket liner really is :D I happened into B&Q t'other week and they were flogging it bogof so I got meself a few packs.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Slackers,

You must explain to me in due course Exactly how you've used it - I have confused ideas, but have seen what I think are great results.

Anyway the silly game begins ..... Somewhere in this photo the 20 p is hidden, can you see it ?

Had to do something after a couple of hours painting .... the photo also picks out where matt varnish didn't cover someone's jacket.

Yes the kids are falling over, but they're standing in the fence post holes
Last edited by Dad-1 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Is that it laid flat in the Frames? Can it actually be seen Geoff or is it hidden completely? Because it could be standing up in between the ladies. :D :D

Last edited by slackbladder on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Nope, not there !!

And those ladies would cost you more than 20 pence (even in those days!)

Oh yes and it can just be seen .... gotta have that or it becomes rather sillier than it is already !!

Geoff T.

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Bummer :) I wont come back with another until someone else has had a go. I have another. :D

montyburns1982

Postby montyburns1982 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Is it stood up in the cab of the loco? I've gone cross eyed looking!!
"The greatest fear is not that we set our goals too high, but that we set our goals too low and reach them" - Michelangelo

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”