47806's Two Layouts (Crick Road and the IC&L)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

47806's Two Layouts (Crick Road and the IC&L)

Postby 47806 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

It is time for me to rejoin railway modelling! I am leaving the UK (very reluctantly) and returning to Canada at the beginning of next month. My model railway, Crick Road, is still there and I will be fixing it up and running it again. I will also be starting on my much delayed Canadian-image layout, the IC&L. This thread will cover both.

I don't want to leave the UK and I will be applying to UK universities to hopefully return in a year or so. I have enjoyed my year at Hills Road SFC, only realising last week that Roger Waters used to go there (Pink Floyd fans will be jealous)! Could anyone actually confirm that fact?

While on holiday in Guernsey, I bought four tank wagons so now Crick Road will have a fuel train when I get back.

Here is a taster of what Crick Road used to look like, hopefully it will be even better when I am finished with it:

And now, back to packing...
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.

Michael Thornberry

Re: 47806's Two Layouts (Crick Road and the IC&L)

Postby Michael Thornberry » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello 47806,
Sorry to hear that you are departing these Shores :( . Is this a Commonwealth "thing" where you have a restrictive period en-forced? I was aware that this was applicable to Oz and NZ but don't know if this is also applicable to Canada. Where, in Canada, do you call Home? If "we" don't get to hear from you before your return have a good journey and "we" look-forward to you coming back,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
PS: Do you have a "proper name" that would be easier than SHOUTING: COME-IN No 47806, HOW ARE YOU??? :lol: :P

Postby 47806 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Michael Thornberry wrote:Hello 47806,
Sorry to hear that you are departing these Shores :( . Is this a Commonwealth "thing" where you have a restrictive period en-forced? I was aware that this was applicable to Oz and NZ but don't know if this is also applicable to Canada. Where, in Canada, do you call Home? If "we" don't get to hear from you before your return have a good journey and "we" look-forward to you coming back,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
PS: Do you have a "proper name" that would be easier than SHOUTING: COME-IN No 47806, HOW ARE YOU??? :lol: :P

No, it's not an immigration thing (I am a UK citizen too), it's simply easier to be back in Canada for now. I will be living near Toronto. Thanks for the kind words, I check the forum most days but mostly for my rail photography thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19857

More layout updates will begin in about a month when I am reunited with my layout (the silver lining in returning to the Great White North).

Thomas

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:13 am

Hello Thomas,
Thanks for your reply. Take Care,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

grahamt

Postby grahamt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Best of luck across the water :wink:
The layout looks really impressive! I look forward to seeing more work on it :D
The fifth picture you posted looks incredibly realistic!
Best wishes,

Graham ~

Postby 47806 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Back in Canada and I am pleased to report that Crick Road was in very good shape and is now back to normal. The only casualties of my year away were a broken point spring and a broken brake shoe on a wagon. I won't post too many photos, but I will work very hard on quality of photos. I found a portable fluorescent light in a cupboard, so I now have much better light for photos.

This photo is a culmination of about 2-3 hours of playing about with Photoshop, adding details such as a real sky, loco exhaust and headlights - not to forget myself!

66068 heads south through Daventry station with the daily fuel train (one of my few purchases over the year was four tankers).

It's quite obvious that it is photoshopped, but over time I hope to improve.

Teleman

Postby Teleman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:02 pm

47806 wrote:
I have enjoyed my year at Hills Road SFC, only realising last week that Roger Waters used to go there (Pink Floyd fans will be jealous)! Could anyone actually confirm that fact?

Yes its true , and Syd Barrett .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters
If i ever bought an electric car , can i fit a sound chip ? ,,, to make it sound like a class 47 :)

Postby 47806 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Teleman wrote:
47806 wrote:
I have enjoyed my year at Hills Road SFC, only realising last week that Roger Waters used to go there (Pink Floyd fans will be jealous)! Could anyone actually confirm that fact?

Yes its true , and Syd Barrett .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters

I also confirmed that "Another Brick in the Wall" was probably written about Hills Road!

Elsparrow

Postby Elsparrow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Toronto aye?

Go Leafs?

Postby 47806 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Elsparrow wrote:Toronto aye?

Go Leafs?

Yes, near Toronto, but I cannot stand hockey! Man U for me, although I also lend support to the Toronto FC, they are trying very hard to introduce Canada to the global sport of "soccer" - even though FC is part of their name.

Elsparrow

Postby Elsparrow » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 pm

How about I live in Canada and you take my place here in the UK? ;)

I like the photoshopped diesel fumes as well. Very well done.

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Hello Thomas,
Nice to have you back on the Forum. Hope Toronto and suburbs are treating you kindly/humanely :lol: and good to hear that you are a Man U fan. It could have been worse :roll: :P , it could have been Man City :shock: :lol: .
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

Brianetta

Postby Brianetta » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:02 pm

47806 wrote:It's quite obvious that it is photoshopped, but over time I hope to improve.

Aside from the backscene, the only really obvious sign of editing to me is the fact that you don't cast a shadow. (:

Teleman

Postby Teleman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:27 pm

47806 wrote:
I also confirmed that "Another Brick in the Wall" was probably written about Hills Road!

Drifting a bit ;) but i went to Netherhall , just down the road from there .... and we had a school model railway club there :)
If i ever bought an electric car , can i fit a sound chip ? ,,, to make it sound like a class 47 :)

egroeg93

Postby egroeg93 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 pm

think you can take a few wider angle pics so we can get a feel for the size and shape i.e. track plan? Its very awesome layout there dude :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”