Amarjot's no name layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
daleks04

Amarjot's no name layout

Postby daleks04 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 pm

hi guys, :D

time to let you know about my layout
it is dcc and features thomas the tank great waterton buildings
i have not got a name , any suggestions! :D :D
my layout is a 4x8ft board,including a tunnel which hides the ugly connectionsand

follow me on flikr right here :!:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amarjotrehal/

please comment and help me come up with a great name :idea:
p.s: i favor maithwaite

thanks
Amarjot :D
Last edited by daleks04 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sprintex

Re: my layout daleks04

Postby Sprintex » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:23 am

Picture's too big, resize it first :wink:

Paul

daleks04

Re: Amarjot's no name layout

Postby daleks04 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:53 pm

does any1 have any suggestions?

right now, i think people dont want to comment on my layout because of my name and race!
im feeling abit offended! :x

is this the case?
Always face the sun...That way any shadows fall behind you...

Lewis Nash

Postby Lewis Nash » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

chill out :wink:

for uploading images onto the forum use either photobucket or free image hosting but you need to make an account with both first :wink:

after looking on flickr it seems the construction of the layout is well under way,good stuff! :mrgreen:

about the name,you could do what I did and use you name as part of your layouts name,I used Nash for Nashton for example,
Amarjot junction prehaps? :)

regards,
Lewis,
NASHTON
website- http://nashton.webs.com/index.htm

ARPLEY STREET
http://arpleystreetmodelrailway.webs.com/
class 60 preservation group-http://www.c60pg.co.uk/
Lewis[ArpleyModeller]

IanP

Postby IanP » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

I dont understand, what makes you think that your name or race has stopped people posting? thats a bit silly.

Anyway, looking good, and also like the sound of maithwaite, i still havent given mine a name yet, although the next village up the road from me is called upper dicker, was thinking of that for a name :D

bsa77

Postby bsa77 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 pm

daleks04 wrote:does any1 have any suggestions?

right now, i think people dont want to comment on my layout because of my name and race!

is this the case?

Blimey, you are very sensitive... In this modern age why does a certain name have to have anything to do with race? I for one hadn't even thought about it and I suspect neither did anyone else. People playing the 'race' card really do get my goat.

It could be worse, you could have people putting pointless posts about motors up all over the place!

Tips to get replies include posting photos, updates and other information!

Dead Man's Handle

Postby Dead Man's Handle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 pm

is this the case?

Threads that link to external sites generally get less comments than when people bother to use img tags and display the pictures in the forum.

I'd guess 95% of people here have no idea what race you are are... so 'playing the race card' seems a bit odd.

I didn't notice you comment on my layout, so am I to assume you have a problem with my race?

Sheesh.
My bits and pieces

Dole scrubbers build 'em best!

Zanziba

Postby Zanziba » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:23 pm

There seems a lot of zig zagging to get from the inner line (point motor 2) to the bottom line and the turntable. Did you consider having the pair of point (labelled 4) facing the other way and maybe even incorporating a crossover?

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

is this the case?

I've just read this thread after my previous helpful post about resizing the picture, and I WAS going to look at your layout, but since you're so quick to brand us all as racists I don't think I'll bother now!!! :roll:

Paul
Last edited by Sprintex on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerosurfer

Postby zerosurfer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how this layout progresses. Keep up the good work and posting of pictures on your progress.

daleks04

Postby daleks04 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am

thanks guys,

but im not calling anyone racists, i just have an un settled mind! it goes abit to far some times, will post more recent pictures of my layout now!

sorry if i offended anyone!

d04

sishades

Postby sishades » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:14 am

Hmmm....not the best way to make friends and influence people. Sometimes responses are slow in coming; eg no one has made a comment on my layout for almost 3 weeks but that does not mean that the members of this forum are bigotted towards middle aged, balding fat blokes (albeit a great looking balding, middle aged fat bloke). Take it easy, relax, and enjoy what this forum has to offer and you will get a response. The advice above about posting pictures within the forum and not using links to external sites is a good one. We are after all immensely lazy and want to see pictures immediately. I tend to fall into this category and do not usually follow these through unless it was posted by someone who I know to have been a member for a few years ie Infrontcat, Mumbles, Barney etc etc.

You will find that people on this forum come from all walks of life ranging from very wealthy car collectors, pre op transsexuals to teenage lads who take pride in tunnels made from polystyrene and balding, middle aged fat blokes (albeit a ..........

)

I looke forward to seeing your layout as you progress.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

bigbob

Postby bigbob » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 am

[/quote]

I've just read this thread after my previous post about resizing the picture, and I WAS going to look at your layout, but since you're so quick to brand us all as racists I don't think I'll bother now!!! :roll:

Paul[/quote]

Same here, really gets my back up when the "is it cos i`m black" card is played. Wont be getting any input from me. I`ll stop now before i get banned!
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT

Elsparrow

Postby Elsparrow » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 am

You haven't commented on my layout.

Must be cos I'm white then. :roll:

Oh, and accusing people of racism, not good. Boy who cried wolf and all that.

Track plan looks like it's missing parts but I am guessing that's due to using the trial version of Anyrail.

daleks04

Postby daleks04 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Zanziba wrote:There seems a lot of zig zagging to get from the inner line (point motor 2) to the bottom line and the turntable. Did you consider having the pair of point (labelled 4) facing the other way and maybe even incorporating a crossover?

the point motors in red(4) are linke and will operate together.

is this possible? :?:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”