My Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
sishades

Re: My Layout

Postby sishades » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 am

You will need to build an underframe for your boards to sit on otherwise it can warp big time.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

BR125

Postby BR125 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Itsonlyme wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7noIk1_js
might be of some help

Thanks for the link and it was most useful! :D

sishades wrote:You will need to build an underframe for your boards to sit on otherwise it can warp big time.

Fully agree sishades,but until I get permission to floor the loft (council)then I haven't got the room for a frame,I have considered a shed but again I need permission and i'm not sure if I want my layout out of the house.

Well no update on the layout at the mo as i've not been well again :roll: but did this for my dads birthday,he's 60 now......aahhh bless :D This is his favourite loco,he used to watch them at the local station when he was a lad,basically a shelf,track and ballast....but it don't look bad IMO! :D

Regards
Daz
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

BR125

Postby BR125 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi all,

Due to lack of space at the mo and the wife not being happy with me using the kitchen table,i've now changed my layout to 7' x 2' and still 00 gauge. The layout will be extended as and when I gain more space.

The top two lines are going to be a viaduct and hills at either end,at the right side of the layout will be a river coming through the viaduct and on down to the bottom of the board,next line down will be a disused siding and will probably have an old wagon or loco sat rusting away.
The following double lines will be the main lines and will cross the river probably over a girder bridge,the bottom siding will probably lead to a shed.

The viaduct will be the scalescenes one in random ashlar that i've just purchased.
Received a new loco today that will be gracing the layout......

Construction begins this week and I can't wait to get started!
ImageWith my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

[qifop]

Postby [qifop] » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 pm

BR125 wrote:Hi all,

Due to lack of space at the mo and the wife not being happy with me using the kitchen table,i've now changed my layout to 7' x 2' and still 00 gauge. The layout will be extended as and when I gain more space.

I can relate to that, my shelf layout started as just 1ft x 3ft across one wall of spare bedroom. It then sneaked onto the next 10ft wall, then the next 12ft wall and at the moment I am going across the final 7ft to the door....

nyhahahah!

BR125

Postby BR125 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:31 pm

What's the wife said to that? :lol: Got to say that the wife is really good about it,but when it starts taking up most of the bedroom......that may well change! :wink: :lol:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”