Castle Cross - Trains! (P71)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
User avatar
siquelme
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: 71D - Portsmouth, UK

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby siquelme » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Some stunning photos again... loving the GWR locomotives on show not enough on this forum for my liking ;)

Your King Class is espically nice
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

User avatar
manormadman
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: I'm a somerset boy. arrh.
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby manormadman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Great update, as always. Where did you get the kit from?
Cheers Seb
:D

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Wordsworth Card Kits - Highly Recommended :)
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
Durseytu
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Trying to make progress on the layout... pigs will fly (hohoho)

Re: Castle Cross- More work!!! (P47)

Postby Durseytu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

trainsandco wrote:Durseystu had a similar problem a while back, a train knocking itself off a straight piece of track! (although this was caused by the platform :? )

Ahh the mystery of a train falling over. I never really did figure out why as there was nothing obvious for my 4MT to fall over on a straight bit of track. Perhaps they put whisky in the tanks?

Image

You certainly are up to a lot of work and the vid is great if a bit mad! Too much sugar perhaps? :P

Cheers,

Stuart
ImageImage

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 pm

just a quick note, dont expect too many updates during May, as I am taking part in the NRMF Spring Scenery Competition, and I'm not willing on disclosing too much info about my entry ;)

Ben
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby kennyGWSR » Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

PLUS, you have exams :wink: but thats a minor detail :lol:
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

kennyGWSR wrote:PLUS, you have exams :wink: but thats a minor detail :lol:


lol yeah, but I only really work on CX on Sunday's and I dont do school work on Sundays
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Just a small bit of new really, well its more of a plan

(Ian, you'll like this news) My next loco purchase that I plan to get (no, not a 50 - but it is a diesel) just a Bachmann 37/0 in BR Green, split head code boxes, and small warning panels, the exact specification that I wanted for my 37 :)

I will get it when I can afford it, earliest would be June time, as I'll be saving up between £5 and £18 a week, and hopefully with extra sales as well to quicken the process :)

Ben
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

35011 GSN
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby 35011 GSN » Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 pm

trainsandco wrote:Just a small bit of new really, well its more of a plan

(Ian, you'll like this news) My next loco purchase that I plan to get (no, not a 50 - but it is a diesel) just a Bachmann 37/0 in BR Green, split head code boxes, and small warning panels, the exact specification that I wanted for my 37 :)

I will get it when I can afford it, earliest would be June time, as I'll be saving up between £5 and £18 a week, and hopefully with extra sales as well to quicken the process :)

Ben


I WANT THAT 37 :lol:

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 pm

35011 GSN wrote:
trainsandco wrote:Just a small bit of new really, well its more of a plan

(Ian, you'll like this news) My next loco purchase that I plan to get (no, not a 50 - but it is a diesel) just a Bachmann 37/0 in BR Green, split head code boxes, and small warning panels, the exact specification that I wanted for my 37 :)

I will get it when I can afford it, earliest would be June time, as I'll be saving up between £5 and £18 a week, and hopefully with extra sales as well to quicken the process :)

Ben


I WANT THAT 37 :lol:


We can join the same que :)
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
50035 Ark Royal
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 pm
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon May 02, 2011 11:01 pm

trainsandco wrote:Just a small bit of new really, well its more of a plan

(Ian, you'll like this news) My next loco purchase that I plan to get (no, not a 50 - but it is a diesel) just a Bachmann 37/0 in BR Green, split head code boxes, and small warning panels, the exact specification that I wanted for my 37 :)

I will get it when I can afford it, earliest would be June time, as I'll be saving up between £5 and £18 a week, and hopefully with extra sales as well to quicken the process :)

Ben

Hi Ben glad to see you are getting a diesel and English Electric to boot :D not Vulcan's finest but we can't have it all. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 am

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Ben glad to see you are getting a diesel and English Electric to boot :D not Vulcan's finest but we can't have it all. :lol:


We can please them all ;)
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
50035 Ark Royal
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 pm
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm

trainsandco wrote:
50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Ben glad to see you are getting a diesel and English Electric to boot :D not Vulcan's finest but we can't have it all. :lol:


We can please them all ;)

Nagh you can't would much rather have a 50 or the 37 in blue, but it is your layout, your railway your choice. :D
Im just not a fan of green liveried diesels as they look so dated especially wiyh the awful D prefix rather have 37Xxx anyday. :D
Only ones that sounded right were the hydraulics. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Castle Cross - Update (P48)

Postby trainsandco » Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm

A new old video from a while back!

Castle Cross

Ben
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A

User avatar
mikem64
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Castle Cross - New Old Video (P49)

Postby mikem64 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Ben,

Loved the video. :D

Catch ya later,

Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/


Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RocketRon and 15 guests