Castle Cross - Trains! (P71)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
trainsandco

Re: Castle Cross- UPDATE-P40 Stocklist-P1

Postby trainsandco » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:27 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:
trainsandco wrote:
Says the person with a GWR A4

Sorry, just realised that was Ian :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry my bad, hehe I know you were just having a joke ;) :P

Ben

What do you mean? i have not, not got a Vac in GW Livery either but watch this space :wink:
The video was great, but the music i thought terrible and as it was an intro thought you might talk us through all your loco fleet pointing out the good and the bad.
Suggestions for your overnight express. Down Midnight, Down Beds or up if you prefer.Night Castle Cross, Night Night Beds : Steamin Night Express,Sleep Express,Comfortable Night Express,Whistling through the Night express, Steaming through the night,Evening night express, Stars in the Night Express,Cross to Castle overnight express,Ben through the night :lol: Heritage Express,The good old days night express,Goodnight Express,Evening Star Express,Night Bullet(to be hauled by the A4) Night Limited(no stops) Night to Morning,Luxury Night Express (pullmans) Midnight Adventurer, All through the night,Midnight Express,Moonlit Express, Full moon Express(you could have werewolves and Vampires on this one :lol: ) The Castle Cross Flyer,The Flying Nightsman, Night Watchman,Fast to sleep,The Nightlander, The Overnight Express,The Flying Kettle : Night rider Express,Luxury Beds Express,The Shakeshaft express(after your surname) Twighlight Express.

When I said Ian, I meant Thomas the Plank Engine Ian ;) I never said aanything about a Vac in GWR livery, I said an A4, is in a streak.

The over night express is being made up of BR mk1's and some crim/cream teaks and maybe if I can get one, a beaver tail. I was thinking of calling it the 'Over Night Express' but as Gavin said, I quite like the idea of Moon Light Express.

Ben
A layout is never finished, it's just a shortage of ideas.

Film-making Railway Enthusiast.

81D

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Ben[/quote]
What do you mean? i have not, not got a Vac in GW Livery either but watch this space :wink:
The video was great, but the music i thought terrible and as it was an intro thought you might talk us through all your loco fleet pointing out the good and the bad.
Suggestions for your overnight express. Down Midnight, Down Beds or up if you prefer.Night Castle Cross, Night Night Beds : Steamin Night Express,Sleep Express,Comfortable Night Express,Whistling through the Night express, Steaming through the night,Evening night express, Stars in the Night Express,Cross to Castle overnight express,Ben through the night :lol: Heritage Express,The good old days night express,Goodnight Express,Evening Star Express,Night Bullet(to be hauled by the A4) Night Limited(no stops) Night to Morning,Luxury Night Express (pullmans) Midnight Adventurer, All through the night,Midnight Express,Moonlit Express, Full moon Express(you could have werewolves and Vampires on this one :lol: ) The Castle Cross Flyer,The Flying Nightsman, Night Watchman,Fast to sleep,The Nightlander, The Overnight Express,The Flying Kettle : Night rider Express,Luxury Beds Express,The Shakeshaft express(after your surname) Twighlight Express.[/quote]

When I said Ian, I meant Thomas the Plank Engine Ian ;) I never said aanything about a Vac in GWR livery, I said an A4, is in a streak.

The over night express is being made up of BR mk1's and some crim/cream teaks and maybe if I can get one, a beaver tail. I was thinking of calling it the 'Over Night Express' but as Gavin said, I quite like the idea of Moon Light Express.

Ben[/quote]

Fair dos, Ian must be a popular name :D yep go for it , that was one of my suggestions.Why not make your own headboard, that would be realy cool
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes I probably will be making my own head boards to go with my totems :)

Ben

81D

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 pm

D= no update for Sundays working party :shock:

well here it is :)

I did a bit of hilling, as you can just see here the embankments to make a small cutting are coming along, just need duct tape plaster and paint next

I also made attached some signs and posters

I also did a bit of work for the scrap yard, I wrote on a car and gave them a little working shelter (pic of the shelter next time)

I was doing loads of work in the loft then, but something HAD to go wrong, and it did
I got side tracked by Wallace and Gromit

So now there are only: Randoms
I have a wheel barrow to go in this scene up against the shed, just waiting for the paint to dry
as seen in this shot I planted some more trees :)

Until next time

Ben

81D

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Ben, Ben, Ben,,, the nice little truck with the pipe load! did you get it like that or did you get the truck then add the load yourself? If you did can I ask where did you get the chain? "he asks because he needs some exactly like that" :lol:
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

The lorry I got a few years back as part of a 4 for £10 deal at Cheltenham Model Centre and I then weathered (badly :? ) and the load is a bit of pipe i just found :P and the chains, one came from a Bogie Bolster Wagon Kit and the other from a Noch Fairground set kit.

Ben

81D

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Ok, thanks Ben...I need some small chain to add to this.. (steering chain)

It looks daft without a steering chain.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 pm

If I may butt in and bump the thread for a while ...
Slackers, you can get fine chain from Langley Models, it's not black, mine is brass and quite fine.
I'll dig it out and photograph alongside a 20 p for scaling !!

* the picture will be added here in a while !

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Ok thanks for that Geoff. I'm sure young Ben here wont mind us high jacking his thread a little.

I used Langley Models for something ages ago, cant remember what mind you. Will beetle away now and have a look.

Thanks to both you Ben and you Geoff (sorry dad)

sb

Oh an brass look chain will be ok.

Edit:-) found it.. :wink:

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Well then, 30777 Sir kay arrived today ;)

Althoguh it may be quickly moving on, back to Hornby for a quick fix then straight ack to Castle Cross where the fun shall begin, and I may start looking into name/number plates for it :)

Ben

81D

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:59 pm

I had a nice few hours in that area above today and I got a bit of work done (before i came down due to a hurting back :oops: )

Well then, to start off with I covered the hills in duct tape

And i then started to look into making the bridge that comes away from the Upper Level Branchline station
as you can see here it was in a fairly awkward place
but i think i've sussed it, this piece of card to go under the track
then use some of these cut up under the card

I nailed all the track in the yard down and then made a start at ballasting the yard area (it still needs more dirtying :P )
[img][img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs250.snc6/179822_10150097315521593_602981592_6364134_5292281_n.jpg[/img][/img]
some of the dirty :P

I still need to glue most of it down and also continue ballasting :P

Overall I didn't run very many trains at all :? as is the fashion these days I've found, so only a few random pictures :P
2 New Companions
Sir Nigel Gresley Pulls into Castle Cross with the Moonlight express
Sir Lamiel is moved into the Light Maitence depot by Class Mate Sir Kay

Well thats all for now folks

Catch You Later :)

Ben

81D

50035 Ark Royal

Re: Castle Cross- MORE WORK!!! (P42)

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Ben is that a Lima Restaurant or Buffet car i spy in the background? The one in blue/grey coupled to a celestory coach?
You are getting a nice fleet of locos, but you realy need a diesel or 2 :wink: Maybe a 47 or 37 in two tone green or better still a Deltic or a Western in Maroon.
I especially like the grarden shed with the bike propped up against it, although in real life i would not want to ride it, much prefer my mountain bike. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Stewart Gethin

Postby Stewart Gethin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 am

Hey Ben, Great work on the hills so far.

Aren't the coal lumps in 30450 a bit big? ;)

Keep up the great work.

Stew.
Please take a look at both my layouts:
My layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28240
My 5" Gauge layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29058

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 am

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Ben is that a Lima Restaurant or Buffet car i spy in the background? The one in blue/grey coupled to a celestory coach?
You are getting a nice fleet of locos, but you realy need a diesel or 2 :wink: Maybe a 47 or 37 in two tone green or better still a Deltic or a Western in Maroon.
I especially like the grarden shed with the bike propped up against it, although in real life i would not want to ride it, much prefer my mountain bike. :lol:

aye, that is a Lima mk1 Buffet car, it will be replaced by a better, Bachmann one soon in the correct colours. (and its a teak coach, not a clestory ;) )

I wouldnt mind a 47, 37 or a deltic in 2 tone green, not so sure about a western though :?

Its 1940, they didnt have mountain bikes then ;)

Stewart Gethin wrote:Hey Ben, Great work on the hills so far.

Aren't the coal lumps in 30450 a bit big? ;)

Keep up the great work.

Stew.

Yeah they are a bit big :P when I get round to doing the coal load for 30777, i will replace 30450 coal as well :P

Ben

81D

trainsandco

Postby trainsandco » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Some time very soon, I will have to make another decision regarding new purchases for Castle Cross, as I have sold a few bits and bobs, and will have around 50 pounds to use on anything I like :P So I thought I would head over to hattons :lol:

I have come up with a list of things in approximate prioty order,
1) Bundle of things including skaledale, scenecraft and bachmann wagons
2) 2x Bachmann Mk1 Pullmans and Fleetwood Salt Wagon
3) Bachmann BR standard 4 tank ^ *
4) Bachmann BR Standard 4 Tender Loco ^
5) Bachmann LNER J72

^ = Save up a bit more
* = Preorder

Ben

81D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”