Crayholt

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
richrailway

Re: Crayholt

Postby richrailway » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Finish the ballasting then figure out where the roads will run, nothing worse than track locked railway station!! Then start to work on the landscaping hill sides etc, need to wade through the forums to get ideas on that one.
Because rules are rules. Where would we be without rules, that's right FRANCE!

richrailway

Postby richrailway » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Went to the model shop this morning for some more ballast and came away with ballast and a DCC fitted/ DCC sound fitted Bachmann class 37 loco! Been drooling over it for the last few weeks and today I got it.

Wow, apart from all the cool noises it makes, hearing the diesel start up, the two tone horn and even the coupling noises, it also lights up the cab illuminates and the direction lights, so cool.

The best thing is its so quiet and it it pulls away so smoothly well worth the money. I wish my other locos were that quiet and didn't sound like a pair of maracas when they are running.

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 am

hi rich

thats quite a nice diesel there. Personally i'm not really a fan of them but who cares? Also how much was it? With all those features it is sure to be expensive and really great to get :D

Andrew
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Michael Thornberry

Postby Michael Thornberry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Hello Rich,
This coughchokesplutter "Diesel" Lay-out has gone, rapidly, down-hill :lol: :P however, the remainder of the project shows a lot of promise so I'll keep checking on progress. "Such a disappointment, though - that you would prefer, Suck,Squeeze, Bang, Blow" :lol: :D ,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

richrailway wrote:
Wow, apart from all the cool noises it makes, hearing the diesel start up, the two tone horn and even the coupling noises....................

The best thing is its so quiet .... I wish my other locos were that quiet and didn't sound like a pair of maracas when they are running.

Errr if you like quiet running locos why buy a BIG NOISY one.... ;)

Zanziba

Postby Zanziba » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I run steam but have a class 37 in BR green and I must say it is one of my (if not my actual) favourites.

richrailway

Postby richrailway » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Just a quick bump, I'm still about but at work on a 3G connection. Intentions are to start back on Crayholt when I get home some time in March. See you soon.

richrailway

Postby richrailway » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 pm

In my mythical 1970's layout time era...

The Soviets made an accidental incursion during a training exercise on the border to the west and an American tank regiment was there also on exercise and took the incursion as an invasion attempt. Fire was exchanged on the border which escalated as the Soviets put more troops on the ground. The American government authorised the use of tactical battlefield nuclear weapons on an advancing column of Soviet tanks.

Both side raised their threat states to high and both sides brought their armies and nuclear weapons to a high state of readiness.

The Soviets fearful of a pre emptive US strike launched ICBM's on the West targeting primarily NATO sites, in the following hours both sides launched ICBM's resulting in a total exchange yield of some 250 Megatons, 20 of which fell on the UK.

My railway was hit in the primary exchange and was totally destroyed, or the bloody sundeala warped, which is more likely.

I'm afraid that Crayholt is dead, I'm in the process of currently dismantling it as it was too badly gone to repair and a new layout is being planned.

I'm not that upset at it being ruined as I wasn't totally happy with it anyway and it was simply too big for the space I had available which isn't a lot. A new layout is being planned and this time I'm using plywood for the baseboard, at least it wont bloody warp this time

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”